Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 56 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Considering myself an "advanced student", I skipped a grade from my Feb.20th surgery to see what ladies a couple of weeks out from me were up to. I like your class better than mine! Had to just hoot in laughter at "major girlie organs being removed" and wanted to add my two cents on recovery.

Today I am two weeks post-op and this was my first day feeling like I can do anything that Superman could. It's hard to do nothing when you feel you can conquer the world, so I force myself to wear pajamas so I won't be stupid and overdo. It's a braless reminder not to wander off and try to save the world. Three days out from surgery I gave up the pain meds and opted for my tramadol that I take for arthritis, which knocks the edge off without knocking your socks off. Works for me and doesn't make me stoned out of my mind like the oxyco-whatever did.

I'm a quick healer with a high pain threshold. Couldn't wait for the surgery to happen and be over. Day 1 didn't surprise me. Day 2 had me up and about and visiting the nurse's station for ice and whatever. Went home that afternoon and have been fighting the desire to plant flowers all over my sunny yard (I have the seeds!) and to transplant every other plant that needs to be moved. I've done a lot of staring into our back yard!!

With my doctor's blessing, my DH and I are headed to our 2nd home in the mtns of NC on Saturday, and I was wondering if any of you have taken 10-hour car trips yet? I'm predicting that I'll be sitting in a rocking chair before the patio doors looking out over snowy mountains all week (ahhhh), nothing planned that would stress my bod. Then back in the car for ten more hours. We have an SUV and I can lay down in the back seat if I get tired of sitting up or reclining. It's one of the benefits of being short. DH is a good egg and stops often so I can winkytink.

I'd appreciate your input, as I respect this group of graduates more than the weenies in my group. Maybe you just feel better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2007, 01:42 AM

Princess NeNe, I'm with you. As much as I did not like the staples, the thought of the packing was really not good as you said ewe. But then again, they don't have a huge incision in their tummy. I am with all of you this site is great!
Unread 03-07-2007, 01:46 AM

MartyFL,
You don't say what kind of surgery you had but if your dr said ok then he must think you can do it. I am 4 weeks post op with a sah and would not try to sit in a car for 10 hours. I know I am not much help but I hope you have a good time and suggest just stopping a lot to stand and walk around a little while while you winkytink. I love that word. Best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2007, 01:47 AM

Not sure if I would want to do a ten hour journey even at nearly four weeks out but MartyFL you seem to have it all under control. I have found that during my recovery I have had good days and bad days. If I do too much then I usually get some warning like cramping pain or tiredness or just lethargy. I wish you well with your recovery. Just try not to do too much. There is a reason why we are banded into recovery weeks so that we are all more or less at the same point in our recoveries and can share similar experiences and give support. If you feel that you can relate more to us then that is good but just remember that you are a week behind us and that you must allow your body to heal. They are certainly a lively bunch on this thread/forum always offering support and experience. Although I'm many miles away in England I enjoy the banter and the advice. It makes me feel better. Not such a good day yesterday but today I have to go to the hospital for a lithium levels blood test unrelated to my hyst. It usually takes ages so I'm taking a good book to read. My son went off to school as normal this morning hopefully he is better and not sick today.
Unread 03-07-2007, 05:01 AM

I called my consultant today, I think I have a prolapse. I have the feeling of swelling inside my vagina. He said that he thinks that I have done far too much and he thinks I have pelvic inflammation. He asked if I had lifted the kettle, well of course I had made myself a drink....he said that I should only have lifted as much as a cup of water, he also said that most women don't realise how big a surgery a 'Hyster' is, and that most women do far too much far too soon. I have been told to go to bed and to keep my feet above my hips and to do nothing at all. I am to lift nothing, not even my lap top!!! (I slid it on to my knee, but please don't tell him).
Please everyone, be warned that even at just over 4 weeks post op we can still be caught out.
Take special care everyone, 's to all.
Unread 03-07-2007, 05:38 AM

Again I had another restless night. I can't believe that I am 4 wks.PO.I feel like I did during week 1 and 2.I have lots of pain (back on pain meds).I think my adventure to the store Monday has pushed back my recovery, not to mention the sore lump on my head.I am somewhat concerned about how I feel, I may call my DR.My appointment isn't until 3/15.So today will be yet another day in bed.I will just lay in bed and watch the snow.This really stinks. I am glad to hear some of us are doing so well, good for you, it gives me some hope.I will be back later.
HAVE A GREAT DAY
Unread 03-07-2007, 05:47 AM

just motrin since first week. maybe im just being to worried about things. some days i feel great and others i feel like a truck just hit me. surgery stuff is new to me so don't have any idea what to expect. had a great surgeon but not much on info part; for afterwards. finally slept last night which was wonderfull doc called me in sleeping pills. hope everyone has a great day.
Unread 03-07-2007, 05:49 AM

Dear Happy now I'm really sorry that you think that you might have injured yourself and you now find that you have to rest up and do nothing. I am nearly four weeks post op and I have been tempted to do more than I should. I have lifted the kettle as well as bending down to pick up milk bottles and items left on the floor. When will you know if it is a prolapse or not? I presume your consultant will examine you to see if the swelling goes down or not. I will certainly think very carefully if I am tempted to do too much. I think the damage can be done without us realising it. Very best wishes and
Unread 03-07-2007, 06:06 AM

Good Morning Ladies!!!! Have to check in! Lots happened while I was sleeping. Lots of you had some really rough posts in the beginning, I am so glad most of us are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! (no pun intended).

Martyfl Welcome! welcome! Crib and rattles? left the PLAYPEN!

Happy Now: hope things get better for you. Keep the laptop handy, this group seems to have a lot to say.

Hey I didn't have any staples. Good thing, after my section having them removed freaked me out. I ended up with huge giant royal blue sutures at both ends of my tummy tuck/hyst incision and a couple in the middle. and glue. Yep, they glued me. And the nurse clipped my skin when she removed them 2 weeks post op. DANG

Kappel: I read that mean post too. It was awful. I suspect she was lashing out in frustration and the sisters became the unfortunate target. It actually made me feel like she is in a really bad place and needs more help than she can get here.

To the ladies across the pond: burning question, what the heck is MEAT PASTE?

All this talk about pies and rolls. HHMMM I think I will make cookies today. Deal is, I make and bake, DH cleans up. That sounds pretty good to me. Springtime M&M's instead of chips. Maybe some of this snow will melt if I think spring!?!

More Later!!!
Unread 03-07-2007, 06:11 AM

Good morning!!
I would love to bake today also, only we still have chocolate cake, apple dumplings, and chocolate chip cookies from last week. I make DH put all the cookie sheets, bowls, etc where I can reach them so I don't have to bend. It is just the 2 of us at home with the dog, so needless to say my DH is gaining weight Maybe I will make dog biscuts today..I am sure Reggie, my Irish Wolfhound would appreciate them.
Hope everyone is having a good morning.

June

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register