Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 58 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Okay, I'm not going to try to remember who said what--too much scrolling back and forth.
First and foremost: Please don't go CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING!! I think I would have a setback just knowing you did it--ow-ow-ow--I think that post was more of a visual owie than the vaginal packing--Yikes!

To the newbie MartyFL: I know they probably sound like weenies, but you should have heard all of us that first week. We were all crying and "belly" aching. You'll be amazed at how perky everybody gets after 4 weeks. On the driving 10 hours--I would make sure that there's not some risk for blood clots--you know, don't cross feet, take breaks often.
Lainiek good to hear from you again. I think you use the coolest icons on the sight.
Why I'm glad I'm on this sight: I got really ticked off at my husband this morning---I was so angry and guess what it wasn't my bloomin' hormones. I'm sure he thought otherwise. Anyway, I was bound and determined that I was going to spend today sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning my bedroom, and then going upstairs and tackling the monster task of cleaning my daughters room and even putting the sheets on her bed. Then, I got on this website and saw all the posts from you guys and realized I might need to step back and breathe before I really hurt myself. So thank you guys for your support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2007, 08:31 AM

I'm not really going cc skiing I just really really want to. I miss the creek, deer and scenery. Plus I know all of my friends are going and I'm envious to the point of distraction. My ds has a snowboarding video game. Maybe I'll try to learn how to do that instead.
Unread 03-07-2007, 09:01 AM

To Happynow:my husband works long hours at Canary Wharf. Also he is away at conferences quite a lot. They are usually only two days either Paris or Valencia. the next one is in Budapest but not until May. I have got some good friends and neighbours around me so I dont usually feel alone. My gyn is also private but he is a bit elusive. My post op phone call was two weeks out. I left a message for him pre op at the hospital and it was given to a different consultant. His office also happens to be his home. I'm sure if it was an emergency I would be able to track him down!!! However I trust him completely as I have known him for nearly twenty years. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to do my op. My post op is on 21st March. I also have a physio appointment on 28th March.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2007, 09:41 AM
grrrrrrrrr!!!!

Kappel,
You keep making me laugh and I swear your hindering my recovery!!! It hurts to laugh so much. Every time you mention the v-pack I cringe!! I still say that was the worst part, it was horrifying and as you or someone described yards and yards!! YUCK and oh my God did that really happen!!!!

Thanks for the laughs and the tears!!
Unread 03-07-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss45
To Happynow:my husband works long hours at Canary Wharf. Also he is away at conferences quite a lot. They are usually only two days either Paris or Valencia. the next one is in Budapest but not until May. I have got some good friends and neighbours around me so I dont usually feel alone. My gyn is also private but he is a bit elusive. My post op phone call was two weeks out. I left a message for him pre op at the hospital and it was given to a different consultant. His office also happens to be his home. I'm sure if it was an emergency I would be able to track him down!!! However I trust him completely as I have known him for nearly twenty years. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to do my op. My post op is on 21st March. I also have a physio appointment on 28th March.
Hi again, Thanks for your reply, I have to say this website is fab, I never thought that I would turn into a 'chat room nut' but I have!!!
My DH has his own business, it takes him all over the UK and to Europe. He has no choice unfortunately, he has to go. He employs a lot of people including directors, but he won't delegate as much as I'd like him to. He says that no-one will look after the business like him, he has built it up himself and I think he feels that no-one else will be as passionate about it as him. He's probably right. And for that reason I haven't told him yet that the doc' has told me to stay with my feet raised, I think it would put him under more pressure. We have no neighbours at all, and although we have great views at the back of the house, at the front is just a great big gate that I can't see through. If anyone calls they have to use the intercom and I would have to get up to see to them.
Do you ever get to go on business trips with your DH?
Sometimes mine will invite me if he thinks he will get some time out. We can sometimes get long weekends out of it, so I don't mind so much. Although when he goes for days at a time I miss him.
I have to say that my doc' is ok, I started with a different one, but he retired and my current chap kind of inherited me, I don't mind. I have seen him now for over 15 years and before him I saw the other chap for just over 10 years. I have to say I am getting really tired of all the gynae stuff.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.
It was good to chat, thanks.
Unread 03-07-2007, 09:44 AM

Bagpuss did you ever hear of Wallasey? I have a very close friend (thinks hes my dad) hes from Wallasey and he says the funniest Cockney Rhyming things all the time, we even say them now. Last night when I was feeling sorry for my self and said I'm never going to be better my DH said "Oh Cobblers" stop getting your knickers in a bunch!!! The funniest part is that came out of a Spanish persons mouth! You had to be here!
Unread 03-07-2007, 09:47 AM

Hi everyone. First please tell me where this mean post is. I have not seen it and can't believe with all the wonderful sisters on this site somebody would post something mean.

To Everyone in England: What does it mean that you have a consultant to go to? Is that a doctor or like a middle man that tells you what drs to go see? I am just curious.

I am at 4 weeks post op so happy anniversary to all those who had their hysterectomies on Feb. 7. Today is a snow day in the poconos with only about one inch they have cancelled school. I have my 2 boys helping with laundry and they are sweeping and vaccuming for me. I told them we can make cookies later (something they love to do).

I am still taking it easy but feel I am on the road to recovery. My dh took off the steri strips on Monday evening. I am still feeling the tightness and pulling and the heaviness in the abdomen but it is getting less and less. I go see my dr tomorrow only because he gave me an extra appt because he feels I am healing slowly. So while I am sorry there are those of you out there that are healing about the same as me it makes me feel better to know I am not the only one healing at this rate. I really like my dr but felt very bad when he said that. I am hoping to try driving this coming weekend but don't know if I will be ready. Thank you to all the sisters for all the support over the past 6-7 weeks especially when I was so terrified about actually going through with the surgery.

Lainie, glad to see you posting again. Hope you feel better.

Unread 03-07-2007, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconowoman
Hi everyone. First please tell me where this mean post is. I have not seen it and can't believe with all the wonderful sisters on this site somebody would post something mean.

To Everyone in England: What does it mean that you have a consultant to go to? Is that a doctor or like a middle man that tells you what drs to go see? I am just curious.

I am at 4 weeks post op so happy anniversary to all those who had their hysterectomies on Feb. 7. Today is a snow day in the poconos with only about one inch they have cancelled school. I have my 2 boys helping with laundry and they are sweeping and vaccuming for me. I told them we can make cookies later (something they love to do).

I am still taking it easy but feel I am on the road to recovery. My dh took off the steri strips on Monday evening. I am still feeling the tightness and pulling and the heaviness in the abdomen but it is getting less and less. I go see my dr tomorrow only because he gave me an extra appt because he feels I am healing slowly. So while I am sorry there are those of you out there that are healing about the same as me it makes me feel better to know I am not the only one healing at this rate. I really like my dr but felt very bad when he said that. I am hoping to try driving this coming weekend but don't know if I will be ready. Thank you to all the sisters for all the support over the past 6-7 weeks especially when I was so terrified about actually going through with the surgery.

Lainie, glad to see you posting again. Hope you feel better.

Hi from England,
Our 'Consultant' I guess is the equivalent to your 'Gynae doctor', The Consultant is the person that we see regarding our problems and they are also the one that does the surgery. Sometimes we may see their understudy who would be the 'Registrar', But the Consultant is 'The Main Man' (or woman!)
I sympathise with your healing slowly, and wish you well.
Unread 03-07-2007, 10:24 AM

I have lifted alot of things. I find out after I should of not did that. My DH yells at me but ,I forget that I can't do that and when u are feeling ok u think it is ok. I am having some pain still . I get this pain on my left side under my ribs above my belly button it is like a burning feeling it hurts bad when i sneez. Can someone tell me what is wrong? I don't want to call my DR. I called him so much befor my surgery I hate bothering him.
Unread 03-07-2007, 10:24 AM

Well I have yet to do anything today.Still watching the snow falling.I really enjoy hearing all your stories, it is good to know I am not alone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register