Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 76 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-10-2007, 07:51 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Rodswife-
I also am glad that I had an LSH. I was starting to wonder if something was wrong with me. I feel so bad for the women who are clearly recovering. I think that inside we are still doing some recovering ourselves but our bodies aren't as vocal about it. My biggest problem is major constipation. I am still waiting for the weight loss with my estrodial pill . best wishes to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2007, 08:17 AM

Alabamateacher
I feel your pain. I teach 4th grade in Kentuck!! Thankfully this year our testing isn't until the last week of April and first week of May. I wish the would make the last two weeks of school. Kids totally quit working after testing.
My husband has 5 siblings that teach and my sister who used to teach high school is now a counselor. Stress reigns!!!
I would love to send you a copy of an email my sister-in-law sent of student responses on a high school exam. Someone had photocopied the different questions and the kids written response. You can imagine what high school boys would write. Some of them were vulgar but some weren't and were downright funny.
Unread 03-10-2007, 08:23 AM

Hello all my friends, I sure missed alot of pages of posts. I have been doing alot of resting, and plan on not doing anything for awhile. Hopefully that will make a difference.I hope everyone is doing well.My incision feels hard, my bladder still leaks, but that pinkish discharge has stopped.Enjoy your day everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2007, 08:23 AM

One more thing...I disagree on the summer hysterectomy--Can you imagine recovering during vacation. I scheduled my laparoscopy on my Christmas vacation--didn't want to miss school. So the Monday of the first week I had the proceedure--ruined the week. My daughter who is 4 was home with me and I couldn't play with her I can't imagine this summer me being unable to swim with her and play with her, especially with the warmer weather. In fact, I would have had to hire a babysitter The only other time I've taken 6 weeks was when we traveled to China to get Catherine. Otherwise I hardly ever miss. I had 61 days that I had not used and I'm using 28 this time. I felt really guilty at first but after having this done I am thanking God I didn't wait and ruined my whole summer. How depressing would that have been? On the downside, I do miss my kids and they miss me. But, I'll be there the 19th
Unread 03-10-2007, 08:26 AM

Guinea Pig--did you deliver your children?? Did you have issues with bladder before surgery? I'll say a little prayer that you resolve this issue soon.
Unread 03-10-2007, 08:35 AM

I don't think I'd want a summer one by choice either - I can wear loose baggy sweatpants and sweatshirts - or even pajama pants and no one notices that - the slightly bent over walk...I can't hide that. On the subject of back pain - I tried one of those hot paches you can place right on the skin (Icyhot makes one) and I was soooo much better I could go to the bank to deposit a big check!. Kappel, I don't have kids in a class as I am not a teacher - but I do miss all my coworkers at the FH - we are actualy a close, fun group and 2 of my school classmates work with me - they are much younger (23&24) but we've all pulled together to learn our new careers. I know someone said they had the tummy tuck with the "H" - I wish I could have - the dr sort of did a mini- one so the swelly belly comes out over that - makes some of my knit skirts iffy for a while - I haven't even tried anything on with a zipper - I wonder how that will go in two weeks? anyone else tried that?
Have a good Saturday - I promise not to overdo!
Reb
Unread 03-10-2007, 08:53 AM

Good Morning Everyone:

I went for my month post-op visit yesterday, I'm healing well, however I had internal bleeding after surgery and had to have blood, so I am still losing that old blood, and my doctor said probably will for about a month. The only good thing is I get to use up all my supplies!! Because of the information I have obtained from here, I did ask about my cervix, and it has been removed. She wants to see me back in a month, just check the healing one last time. It seems that I'm doing well with the patch, no hot flashes and feel good emotional.
They took another urine sample, as the bladder still feels "funny" and I was treated for strep in the bladder. And I can't wait for the bowels to get back to normal, still on stool softners

Boy, it is a slow process, but glad that finally showering is not a big deal anymore, and glad to be driving again!

Happy Saturday
Unread 03-10-2007, 08:56 AM

I was also thinking about having mine done in the summer. I am glad I did not cause I would felt bad fo my teenage DD. I would not want them having to help me recover. They love swiming and stuff. I am sore a little today. I am going out later for my dads 60th birthday. I will have one drink. Tomorrow we are going to a 16th birthday party. I really don't want to go but it is for my neice and my DH is going to be the DJ. So we will go for about 3 hrs. Then home to rest. Well everyone take care have a great weekend and feel better.
Unread 03-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Summer would have been okay if....

I guess there are good and bad points to each of the summer choice...

I did not have enough sick time to stay out for 6 weeks and caught a lot of grief from staff for coming back early (four weeks). I could have asked for donated sick days, but I hate to ask for help. I'm such a martyr, try as I might I can't help it. I think it's the military wife thing. We just do everything by ourselves because we have to.

I do think I could have still enjoyed summer after a hyster... lounging by the pool (privacy fenced) no one would have seen my swollen belly and I would have been nicely tanned (yes, I use sunscreen) and intoxicated because I do have a nice cooler that holds 5 gallons of frozen margaritas for several hours . A little Jimmy Buffet playing in the background ...hubbby grilling burgers on the barbie....yeah, that could have worked....
Unread 03-10-2007, 09:23 AM
oops, ignore this...

oops

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register