Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 77 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hi Babcocks, congratulations on your daughter getting engaged. Don't panic. I was only engaged for 5 months and got everything done. No time to relax but got everything done and was told my wedding was beautiful. If I may suggest the 2 biggest things to get done first is the gown and the place where you will have the wedding. Again congratulations!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2007, 10:07 AM

Thank you for the direction. I can use all the help and suggestions you guys can give.
Unread 03-10-2007, 10:16 AM

Ok, so I am starting to get those pains in the Vajaja (anyone a Grey's Anatomy fan?) that people have been mentioning. I guess I am lucky it took until now to start (they started ysdy afternoon). For those of you who experienced them already, they are normal, right? Is this a sign of healing or get off your feet?

Thanks again,

Lainie

ps- Babs- congrats on your daughter's future nuptuals. Remember, as long as the band/dj are good, noone remembers the flowers or food.
It will all come together and be wonderful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2007, 10:17 AM

Babcocks, forgot to tell you I also got married in October and it just so happened different years but two of my best friends got married that same month. The fall is really pretty.

Alabamateacher, so sorry about your students and the heavy doors. Please be careful.

Snow cream, sounds really good. If we get any more snow up here I may have to make it with the kids. It sounds delicious.

Onthecouch - if you are up to it go out. You may be in pain later but I am so excited just because I went out for a while today. I actually forgot I needed to get my license renewed (suppose to be by the 21) so dh took me today to Triple A and then the Drivers License Bureau. Picture came out terrible as usual. That was not the fun part. My excitement is because I wanted to stop at A.C. Moore to get some photo albums which I did but I also have a crystal vase I wanted to make a flower arrangement for so I purchased some silk flowers. I know this is probably stupid but after being in the house for so many weeks it really felt good to be out and picking out things for something fun to do. Even my dh could tell I was enjoying myself and so far not too much pain. Maybe there really is an end in site. Sorry for the long talk. It is amazing how excited doing the little things can make us. I hope no one thinks I am being silly. Hope everyone has a great day today. I will go rest now so I don't overdo it.
Unread 03-10-2007, 10:35 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOK ladies. So at my last appt. the Dr. gave me the go ahead for sex and picking up the kids. Well..... I have been feeling a little down and thought that since I had already picked up the babies, I ought to give lovin' a try
I still can't seem to fall asleep until 2 or so, so I snuggled up to DH and let him know I was ready. Or so i thought!
Turns out, Dr. doesn't know what he is talking about!!! haha. There is just no way that my body is ready for any of that, even though my mind and heart are. So we'll shelve that idea,with great dissapointment, and wait a while.
After that whole thing, I was cramping and in a great deal of pain, woke this morning to the kids crawling on me- such a great way to wake up!! I LOVE THAT!!
Still in pain, but sucked it up and played for a bit. DH took them to breakfast and I took an 800mg motrin and rested. when they got back, DH had to go outside with the pool guy and take a look at some stuff. so I'm inside with the kids and Brayden (1) looked bored. so what do I do? Put on some music and picked him up and danced. Bella (2) danced with us. We did this for about 10 minutes... and I'm not talking shuffling feet, I'm talking twirling, hip shaking dancing. Goodness and gracious but I am a true blonde!! This was probably one of the STUPIDEST things I have done to date. WHY??????????
By the way- alabama teacher- stupidest isn't even the correct term, is it? Is it supposed to be most stupid? I know the answer, but brain fog has completely taken over and I no longer havea clear thought or retain info from years of learning. I hope that goes away soon!! ;o)

So moral of the story is: If you get cleared for the big O, make sure you are really ready, not just in the mood ;o)
and do not dance with toddlers. Just say no
Unread 03-10-2007, 11:19 AM

Pia,
I don't even know what to say--dancing??????????????????? You have to be completely nuts!!!! Email all your personal info so I can send the men in white coats to come pick you up!!! At husband's request I am laying down today, so no dust bunnies or dancing for me. I won't be released for any 'lovin' activities until next week I think. Mentally I'm ready but I don't know about physically
Unread 03-10-2007, 11:33 AM

Pia-

While American Heritage does allow for the slang version of stupider and stupidest, most dictionaries do not. When used in the grammatical context you used it I would allow stupidest- I NEVER EVER allow stupider. I just can't stand the way it sounds!

By the way, you actions weren't stupid, they were performed with love and the HOPE that you were healing quickly. We were told to "listen to your body and it will tell you when you were doing to much." Unfortunately, our bodies keep telling us AFTER we do too much. Couldn't they tell us BEFORE? It would be more helpful that way.
Unread 03-10-2007, 11:35 AM

Hi Sisters. I was diganosed with Endometrial Cancer after a Hysteroscopy Jan 26th. My total Hyster. was Feb. 9th and this is week 4 for me and I'm feeling better each day and driving some. I'm still sore and my skin in the belly area is still feeling burned and sore to touch. Is this normal? Been like that since surgery. That 1st week was the worst time of my life. I've been to a very dark place and now coming back with very good news, Cancer only 10% into uterous and thats gone and the lymph glands not involved, no kemo, no rad. just visits every 3 months to Dr. for a year and then done. I'm so thankful and also very thankful for this web site and all you sisters. It has been a tremendous healing proccess for me. If you do too much your body tells you to slow down. I've been told by a good friend EVERY week to be PATIENT and take time to heal. Good advise Ladie's. It's hard and boring but hopefully a good end result. Can't wait to be pain free. Hang in there Ladies, we are not alone in this. Bill's Wife
Unread 03-10-2007, 11:44 AM

Bill's wife
So good to hear your good news. As far as the burning skin--I have had that all along--likened it to rug burn. My skin still hurts to touch, but I have noticed it's not as bad as originally, it is getting better.
Unread 03-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Thin mints

Okay,

I am sitting here snarfing down Girl Scout cookies and milk. The week before my hyster I had my period. I have been on Premarin since two days after sugery. So, why am I still craving as if I have PMS when I don't have the plumbing? (I HAD EVERYTHING REMOVED) All week I have been eating JUNK! Does my body just think it is supposed to get fed this crap every four weeks because it is used to it?

I understand the drinking I did this week because of going back to work, but the fat food is killing me!

How do I stop eating without killing innocent Girl Scouts?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register