Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 83 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Pocono, I forgot that you asked what type of surgery I had. It was TAH/LSO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2007, 03:53 AM

Hello to all the UK sisters, hello to all the US sisters. I messed up my post yesterday and deleted it trying to add smilies so no smilies today until I've worked out how to do it! I had a good day yesterday inspite of all the issues that everyone else seems to have. I still have bladder and bowel pain my scar still hurts and burns but at the moment I'm trying to get back to normal whatever normal is. I'm tentatively thinking about going back to work for a few days at the beginning of April but somebody else will have to do the heavy lifting. I'll be on light duties only. Tiredness is still a big issue and I need a nap during the day and also sleep a lot at night. I haven't started driving yet or swimming or pilates but I have my six week check with my gynae next Wednesday so hopefully I'll be released to do these things then. My scar actually looks really good but it is still not quite healed up in the middle. It still feels numb to touch. It does feel wierd that there is nothing in there now apart from other organs that is. My pmt symptoms ie sore breasts have gone today although dh thinks I'm very grumpy. My music teacher is coming to see me this morning. I expect it will be full steam ahead for all my singing commitments now. Singingmad how are you? I miss your posts. Sang in Church yesterday and it wasn't too bad. I just hope that my voice has not been affected by this surgery probably a bit out of practice. Went out to lunch with dh yesterday and ended almost semi reclining as I needed to take some paracetamol. My sister wants to go out to choose some frames for her new glasses as she has a few days off. It is going to another warm day today 17c in London. My very best wishes to you all. I hope that you are healing well. Jane.
Unread 03-12-2007, 05:12 AM

good morning everyone
it's going to be a nice day today in most of the US. I'm going to go out and walk while my ds rides his bike I really feel like trying to drive to the food store but climbing into that giant suv is a little scary? what do you think? Well, the GS cookies arrived last night. I think they have added vitamins and will make a balanced breakfast.
Kappel, I could definately use your sons help. He sounds like a sweetheart. I think I have some jetblue miles When can he arrive. I have those dust buffalos (got that one from someone else here)
Have a great day!!! Talk to you after the kids get off to school
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2007, 05:32 AM

Good morning everyone. I could not be in the site since Sat. because our cable was out for the area. Did not realize how much I miss checking in. Even my dh was laughing because I kept checking yesterday to see if the internet was back up.

Both my sons are boyscouts and my 13 year old is at life rank. He only needs to do his eagle scout project and 2 merit badges to be complete.
Catnapper - I had asked just because as I said I would not be able to go to work and I will also be 5 weeks on Wed.

I don't know about anyone else but my kids have those PSSA tests all this week. I don't know why but my youngest one always gets so nervous about them yet he always scores really high. Is that ok that I am proud of him, actually both ds since they both do really well on them. My 13 year old just got off antibiotics and within 1 day has a terrible sinus infection again so I will call the dr later. Dh is not feeling well either. I feel bad but I keep telling them to stay away from me so I don't get sick. I am not sure I am up to it but I may try to drive today since my dh is home. I am starting to feel bad that when dh is not home I have to keep asking people to get my kids to their activities. I know I do it for everyone else but it is hard to keep asking. Anyway, hope everyone has a great day and we all continue to heal.
P.S. I am also still having a lot of pain at night and at the incision site. Does anyone else wake up in the morning still with pressure around the incision?
Unread 03-12-2007, 05:33 AM

On my way to work today. Welcome to the real world. Wish me luck.
Unread 03-12-2007, 05:40 AM

LAS91 - Good luck today and try not to overdo it. Have a wonderful day.
Unread 03-12-2007, 06:02 AM

My son would die if he knew I mentioned his name on hystersister!! But, I think this could be the beginning of a wonderful relationship...this could be his lifetime career--cleaning houses for hystersisters, travel involved

pocono
every morning I feel pressure. I feel like part of it is because of my full bladder. I have pain in my bladder when I go to the bathroom as well. But, I can go so I don't complain much.

catnapper
okay, I was going to say something about the playground, but I think I have chickened out
Unread 03-12-2007, 06:30 AM

Hi Ladies! Well, today is week 5, and I have to say I feel pretty much back to normal. I have been doing all of my normal activities, except for heavy lifting, with no issues. I return to work next Monday, and go for my 6 week check up that morning. My boss expects me to be in to work after my appointment, nice huh?
But I am ready! I was feeling sore & tired up until week 4, but after that I have felt I am back to my old self again. It's hard to believe it's been almost 6 weeks since my surgery! Time just flew by!
We're taking our first camping trip Easter weekend to Virginia's Eastern Shore, and I can't wait! And it is so nice knowing I can go whereever I want this summer without having to worry about my period! It'll never run my life again! What an awesome feeling!!!! Hope you're all doing well, and i'll check back in soon!

Peachy
Unread 03-12-2007, 07:16 AM

Good Morning, Dd called last night from college still has stomach ache (I can totally relate) from sun stroke, so I got to spend the night in a college dorm. Dd is fine, I think all the drama at BU is getting to her. I forgot how noisy college dorms are! One of the girl's mom had our kind of surgery last week. I told her to tell her about hystersisters.com and how supportive and wonderful you all have been.

Dh went back to work this morning after 1 week vaca. It is going to be lonely around here. It will be nice to just have a day to myself just the same. 16 year old has a concert on Friday (strings & choir) so I will be helping some with preparations. That should keep me busy.

Will catch up with you guys later tonight.
babs
Unread 03-12-2007, 07:23 AM

Good morning!!
Time to check in. I hope this post finds you all well and healing at a quick pace!

I did a stupid thing Friday. My DH was "poor Me-ing" the "nothing in the vajaja for 6 weeks" rule. I told him that wasn't allowed, that I was "somewhat" frustrated too. That was not smart information to share. He took that bait and ran. Ran, Ran, Ran. Now I am living with the seduction master. I think he is channeling Don Juan. Good gravy! what the heck??!!
I am thankful that the "urge" to get out the playpen is there, but hold your horses Man, get ahold of yourself!! I think he thinks he is being funny. NOT. He is making me frustrated and irritated. I should turn the tables on him, ya think???

I can't believe I am sharing this!!!

Happy healing ladies!
FF

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register