Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 93 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-14-2007, 12:52 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

ff1962 - so sorry to hear that you fell. I hope you recover quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2007, 02:53 AM

Jujubear I'm not sure when my sex life will start again even if we are given the all clear. My check is also on the 21st March. my libido is definitely up but if I get an attack of the miseries it goes back down again. I think dh is frightened of hurting me and that is a big turn off for him. Limeylou you can still buy milky bars, bounty and mars but I tend not to. I like something hard that has been in the fridge and is dark and 70% cocoa solids. Anyway on with the progress report. I am amazed that everybody is doing so well. Even with set backs everyone is trying to get well. I have woken up with a very painful left side. It is further up in the tummy area. One side feels more tender than the other. I waiting to see if it settles down or else I'll phone the docs. It is difficult to get down there and also difficult to get an appointment to see someone. We had a sharp frost here last night but I'm hoping to sit outside again today. Fell asleep yesterday on our bench outside then nearly fell off it. Hope everyone has a good day.
Unread 03-14-2007, 05:31 AM

How is everyone today? I hope you are all doing well. I had to take a percocet and an ibuprofen combo just to sleep from midnight till 6 am, a whole 6 hours in a row, the first time in 3 days. Of course I still feel very tired and will try to go back to sleep after this post, but it is a start. Tomorrow is my day for the dr., I will have my list of concerns with me.I knew this would be difficult, but didn't realize how difficult. This has to be one of the roughest times in my 39 year life.It has brought me even closer to my family and friends, which has been incredible. Not to mention all you, you have been important too.The weather here today is going to be 75, I will open all the windows and let all the winter germs out and the fresh air in.My poor daughter has spring break from college before my son does from high school.So seperate time with each of them, I guess. Depending on what the dr says I may start thinking of trying to go back to work after the Easter holiday in April.Who knows maybe she'll say even longer because I have to pick up toddlers all day long.I am proud of those who feel better and have returned to work, you are awesome.I am going to try and get some more needed sleep. I will talk to you when I get up. I hope you all have a great day and to those getting warmer temps, go out and enjoy the sunshine.
Jayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2007, 05:41 AM
good morning

Good morning everyone. I am so excited I did not need to take a percocet last night for my abdominal pain but did end up taking one for my back pain. I got some sleep but not enough and will also go back to take a nap. I also walked my son part of the way to the bus stop this morning (I can still see him from where I was) for the 1st time since surgery and while I am feeling some pain not as bad as it would have been last week.

Guineapigs38 - I agree with you. I truly did not realize how difficult this recovery was going to be but it seems like even the worse of us are starting to feel a little better.

For those of us who their surgeries Feb. 7 - happy anniversary for 5 weeks post op.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today and I too will open up some windows later. Lots of hugs to everyone.
Unread 03-14-2007, 05:59 AM

jujubear
I have to tell you when I began reading about taking care of your dgs my mind automatically read dogs. When I got to the part where your husband was changing his diapers I nearly fell over. After rereading your post I'm assuming dgs is dear godson? Anyway, thanks for the laugh.
Unread 03-14-2007, 06:12 AM

I had to take my daughter to the dentist today--30 minute drive one way (brother-in-law is dentist). After getting her in the shower, dressing her, going and coming home, I was exhausted. I spent the rest of the evening in bed. I was even too tired to post here.

joyteam
This is my 13th year. I taught preschool for 3 years, 5th for 6 years and now this is my third year in 4th grade
Unread 03-14-2007, 08:49 AM

I had to share that I actually cooked today. Used the oven, made cinnamon rolls with icing. The only part I found difficult on my belly was when I had to press my fingernail in the seam and pop open the can!!! Hate when that happens (You all weren't really thinking I actually baked like a real person were you???) Right now I'm averaging grades and will need to take them in today. I just didn't think the sub should have to mess with this stuff. Mentally I feel fine, physically a little blah--swelly belly time again--two steps forward, one step back
Unread 03-14-2007, 08:57 AM

Okay today is the big day - I am going to the Dr at 3:15 I have a list of questions.

1. Why am I (and Babcocks) still without a real appetite, nauseated and somewhat dizzy.

2. What the did Princess NeNe's Dr ANCHOR?

3. Why does my belly keep swellying and howlong will this last?

4. Why am I so tired and have to go to every time I do a little something?

5. When do I have to open the playground aka vajaja
to the hubby? And why do I not care?!!

6. What the hey was that vaginal packing all about?

7. Why am I so ?

I also have to cover the discharge, ask for a Surgical report, when do I have to go back to work? when can I exercise (like it matters)....

I have been a wreck for a few days and since my shopping outing on Saturday I have felt like crap and I have been reading the posts but everyone has been so positive and I just felt like I shouldn't post...ya know the rule if you can't say something nice - don't say nothing at all? Well thats how I have felt! It is raining here today to add to my misery. Talked to my tardhead boss last night and he really don't care when I come back as long as I am 100%...Like he has a choice I pretty much can take what I want (Civil Service) and have alot of time to use. So as you all can see I am miserable - SO SORRY!! I JUST DREAD THIS TODAY, THE THOUGHT OF ANYTHING COMING AT THAT REGION :wowee: Well going to take a shower be back in a bit.

p.s. I was telling my super intelligent friend (NOT) but i love her anyways lastnight about the discharge and she asked me if there was a foul odor? Now ladies is there ever an odor anywhere from the waist down that is pleasant?? Really??
Unread 03-14-2007, 09:08 AM

Who tries to smell anyway??? Don't you just hate the word odor, then throw the "foul" and that makes 100 times worse. You complain all you want here, IMG. I don't mind. I think everybody around us can only be sympathetic for so long and then they just want us to get over it. My friend asked me if I was having any pain now and when I explained that I did, I could see she wished I had just lied about and pretended everything was okay. Luckily I can come here and I'm tired of doing stuff and crashing as well. It's not like I'm running a marathon!!
Unread 03-14-2007, 09:11 AM

I have been experiecing dizziness alot more lately... like in the past few days. i'm thinking its because I've been NOT resting during the day. I work from home a half day, then drive into work for a half day, then do dinner, sit up to watch tv, take the dogs for their walk... in other words, life has kind of returned to "normal" other than discomfort in the belly... still wearing pull on pants... and me getting tired. But I'm thinking maybe the dizziness is from the increased amount of bending over, cause that IS when it happens. Even sometimes when I get into bed and lie down.... suddenly I feel the room spin. Also, I've noticed a decrease in my appetite, or at least my stomach's happiness AFTER I eat. Again, I think its from the bending over. I don't have any more doc appointments except the normal annual checkup... doctor told me to give it all a few more weeks so I'm not sure when the hot tub visits can start up, the sex, the wild partying life (yeah right!) LOL but I'm thinking I'll touch base with his office in another two weeks to make sure I understood him right. Everything can get back to normal in two weeks... that's how I heard it, but better to be safe than sorry. He did give me release to start walking on a treadmill slowly and build up to longer... or go for walks outside. So I'm letting my body tell me what's okay for now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register