Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 99 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

I am back from my app. I actually sat up on exam table with my list. One by one my dr addressed my concerns. Some she said will just take time, such as pain when I sneeze or cough, the discharge, etc.She said not to drive much (local trips), no gym, no work.She simply said I am not ready for that yet.As for the sleeplessness,and the my other complaints, she recommended blood work in the lab, and then back to her for progesterone injections in my butt. Well the one nurse read it wrong and gave me the 2 injections before my blood work. So now I have to go back on Monday to the lab to draw blood, oops.She also gave me an antibiotic to take every 12 hours.My dr is incredible, she is kind, and took her time with me. She even asked me some important questions too. As for the leaky bladder, she is somewhat concerned, and will decide what to do when I go back in 2 weeks.She does stress that I was a difficult case (surgerically), and this will take some time.So I am not at a good place just yet. She said my (v) cuff is still a little raw (eeww), most likely the source of the discharge.We never even discussed "the you know activity", so I guess I'll wait.So I think depending on my progesterone levels and my progress, she may keep me on an every 2 week visit. I hope I didn't bore anyone, just thought I would share my ups and downs.It was a big day for me. Now I have 2 lumps that are so sore on the top of my butt. She did say it will help me sleep though, I'll keep you posted on that one. Thanks for listening girls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2007, 02:25 PM

Well, I landed the account but I started having the worst hot flashes during the meeting. Uggg, I just want to curl up and sleep but I am on the clock from home for another hour My stomach is feeling better from the flu but my incision is killing me from sitting straight up, standing in high heels, and the lovely pot holes of Michigan.

Guineapig - I'm glad your Dr. appt went so well. My cuff is healing fine and I still don't have clearance to dtd until next Friday....countdown commences....

Everyone else, rest while you can, work hurts, I don't care what you do.
Unread 03-15-2007, 02:35 PM

Hi Happy Now,
Your message made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. I feel your empathy and your love for all of us. I wish you well as wait for your DH to be ready for the return to Va-jay-jay!! I asked my DH if he was holding out okay and he said that he's managing but it isn't easy. I suggested I help him out without going into too much details (hint hint) and he said he wasn't even going to allow me to touch him until I was completely healed. He said with his luck something would go wrong and I'd end up back at the hospital trying to explain what happened!! Oh well, too bad for us. I can wait, but I just worry that it's difficult for him. We never really had any issues before the surgery other than my being too tired, so now that I'm all rested and the uterus is out of the picture, it would be nice to see how that's going to feel.

Thanks again for the love that pours out of your message. Flowers would definitely be sent right back to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2007, 03:00 PM

Singingmad - Thanks for the support. It is so appreciated.

Guineaspig - Go glad your appt. went well. I guess we are in the slow healers category. Today, my incision is doing a lot of pulling and burning but maybe it is the weather since it went from nice to cold and dreary again. My kids came home and said they are talking about 5 to 10 inches of snow. So maybe no school again?
Unread 03-15-2007, 05:57 PM

Hi All, I am glad to see that so many of us are having our appts and being told that we can start doing things we were not able to do. I wish my appt was here already. I have so many questions. I seem to feel ok except that I am extremely tired all the time. I got up this am at 7, and was back in bed by 10 am, after showering and breakfast. Seems to be in the afternoons or rather early evenings I am getting hot flashes and then extremely sick to my stomach, where all I can do is lay in front of a fan with a cold wash cloth on my neck and cry it is so awful. This has just been happening the last two days. Also for the first time last night could not sleep longer than 2 hrs at a time. Usually it is just that I can't sleep until around 1am or 2am and then sleep till 10 or 11am. only waking once or twice to go to the bathroom. Is this happening to anyone else just in the last couple of days? Today is the 5th week now since surgery. Any info would be helpful. Swelly belly has attacked again, and for being in such a good mood earlier, I sure seem crabby now. Well, hope all you others have a great evening......and we got lucky up here, all the snow went south and east of us. Just went from 60 degrees with sun to 30 degrees with partly cloudy.
Unread 03-15-2007, 06:10 PM

Had MD appt yesterday - upped estrogen to see if it would help & continuing on low dose valluim for bladder relaxation. decided to delay work return till 04/09 mostly due to extreme fatigue. Does any one else have problems with legs feeling extremly heavy and achy? Still haven't had internal & hormones are still in flux-can't really c/o pain though just some discomfort & major tiredness. Glad things are gooing well for most - so sorry some of you came down with other illnesses - what a bummer!
Unread 03-15-2007, 06:37 PM

readheadota, I feel exactly the same as you!! I saw my doc this week too and we upped the hormones a little too. I have to go back to work on 3/26....dang it. My legs feel heavy, my belly feels heavy, shoot....I can't believe some of us have actually lost weight! Wish it was me. I'm taking motrin as needed, haven't taken anything stronger since week two. I also have had some bladder issues but they do seem to be better and better each week that passes. Hang in there!! As far as major tiredness, I feel your pain sister. I have also been soooooo tired lately. Trying to get out and walk a little or at least be busy for part of the day so I know its not from just being "lazy". Sleep issues are a problem that I am working on as well. Trouble falling asleep and then staying asleep. Dr. gave me some samples of ambien cr and I will try those a couple times a week, but not every night.

Just want to say I am so glad to read everyones posts, we do have a great group of women here!! hugs to all...
Unread 03-15-2007, 06:43 PM

Hi, everyone. It's been so interesting to read about everyone's dr appts. There sure have been a lot of them this week. I must have an unusual dr since I don't have my first post-op until the 22nd which will be my 6th week. Did anyone find out what the "anchor", aka "hot dog bun" is? Mine was quite painful at first but is now only mildly annoying so I'm not really concerned about it...just curious.
Unread 03-15-2007, 07:06 PM

Hundjm
I too am having sleep issue now. Very tired all the time. Working partime this week. waking up at night and trouble falling asleep. Maybe it is my hormones need adjusting also. Having hot flashes with nausea this week also.
I guess that I should call the dr tomorrow. I feel as if I was dismissed after my check up and everything was "ok". I am glad to see that someone with the same surg is still having some issues also.
Time for bed again.
Unread 03-15-2007, 07:37 PM

Ok it is 9:30 p.m. and the big question will there be school tomorrow? I think the weather has caused me to have a lot of pain today plus maybe doing a little more than usual. Tonight I have a huge swelly belly and it is really hard. I have not had this yet. Of course, something new to talk about. I hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

To whoever gave me the angel: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
It was so sweet and made me feel really good. It is greatly appreciated. I was so excited I call my dh like a little kid. I may have posted this already. I guess senility (spelling) has set in. Sorry if I have already said this. Everyone have a wonderful evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register