surgery postponed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery postponed surgery postponed

Unread 02-06-2007, 07:25 PM
surgery postponed

I was supposed to have my hysterectomy Jan. 29th. The insurance company refused to pay for it. They said I had to continue with the hormone therapy for another 1 or 2 months. I am in daily constant pain and have not worked since mid November. My husband and I have been going back and forth with the insurance company, submitting letters to them from other doctors trying to speed up the appeal process, etc. Sunday night the pain was so unbearable that I ended up in the ER. Today the insurance company finally agreed to cover the surgery. The soonest possible date my Dr. can do it is Feb 19th. 13 days to go.

Lorrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2007, 08:04 PM
surgery postponed

Glad you finally got them to see the light. Insurance companies are a pain. All they care about is saving their bucks...not peoples lives. Hope all goes well with your surgery.
Unread 02-06-2007, 08:27 PM
surgery postponed

Oh my that should never happen. I do know what your going thru though. My surgeon was in Network the facility was out of Network. Then I had a consult with a second surgeon that the origional surgeon wanted. Now the surgeons changed because the two decided to let the second one do the surgery. The second surgeon was out of Network but where he was doing the surgery was in Network. OK now I have no bill from the surgeon yet and that was October 2006 and I am scared to death see what his bill is. I didn't care to be honest because I was in too much pain too. The to top it off three weeks later I go and have a heart attack. I was afraid to go to the er for fear of yet nother bill. My son who is an EMT told me to go becuase it could very well be one. Well, it was a heart attack three days later I was transported to yet another hospital for a cardio cath and a cardio stent put in. The only thing I could say on the way to the cardiac cath was THANK GOD MY CO PAY IS PAID. over 150,000. in bills and I only have a 36.40 to pay. I have not calculated the other bills from my first surgery yet but they are at least 3,300. I was so afraid when I hadthe heart attack that nothing would be covered. But the only consolation that I knew was regardless of whatever it was it was vitually going to be minimal because of the first surgery. SORRY to run on but it is totally frustrating that we have to suffer and worry when we really need the treatment. I now worry about going to the dr because its after the first of the year and now we have that whole co pay thing to start all over. Its not right to worry like this. Best wishes with your surgery. I really hope all goes well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2007, 10:25 PM
surgery postponed

Lorrie,

I'm sorry you've had such a hard time with insurance and pain. It's good to hear that you finally have your approval and date rescheduled. I pray that everything goes well for you!

Don't forget to change your hyst date in your profile when you get a chance so you'll be included in Feb 19th Best Wishes!

s, Deb
Unread 02-07-2007, 06:47 AM
surgery postponed

I'm sorry you've had such a hard time with the insurance company, but now that you have a date, you'll be on your way to feeling much better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register