50 and lots of ????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

50 and lots of ????? 50 and lots of ?????

Unread 02-07-2007, 03:06 PM
50 and lots of ?????

I am 50 had tah and ovaries removed (forgot abbreviation). In the OR they put a patch on me and I have continued for 3 weeks with estradiol .05 mg. I seem to have some nausea, restless/fidgety, anxious, and do not sleep without significant pain meds, not in pain, but don't sleep. I talked with a friend that's our school nurse today, she felt I should contact my doc. because of the anxiety and restlessness. I always hate to bother my doc. I know she is very busy. Don't know if I should continue status quo, or give her a call. I am 100 miles from my doc. so I can't just make a quick appt. and run in to see her. Any suggestions or insight???????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2007, 03:20 PM
50 and lots of ?????

Hi, you may want to contact your doctor re: the anxiety and restlessness. He may want to give you something to help you thru until you're a little further along. I do remember at my 6 week check telling the doctor I was some what depressed and he thought I needed additional estrogen. You are very early post op and it does take awhile for most of us to know what dose of hormones that our body is going to require. And we are all different. I would encourage you not to suffer too long before calling your doctor.
Unread 02-07-2007, 03:46 PM
50 and lots of ?????

Yep, call the doc. She may just call in something to your local pharmacy.

Lena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2007, 03:34 PM
50 and lots of ?????

Are you talking about your Gynae or GP? That's a heck of a way to be away from help!!!
You have a lot to contend with! Bear in mind you are not able to do some of the stuff that gives your life meaning; your hormones are all over the place; your mind will be all over the place. I was having anxiety attacks by your age not sleeping well, as well as the hot flushes and stuff.
You may well need an anti anxiety/sleep medication to tide you over until you can get active again. If you aren't into meds... the old deep breathing and yoga relaxation exercises.
We are supposed to be in recovery and taking it easy but it is sooo hard if you are used to an active life.
Plot and plan what you will do when the time is right. For me at the moment getting to the hairdresser or meeting with my mother are major undertakings! Little by little!!! Do as you are doing talk with friends; spread the load visit this and any other site that gives emotional and common sense support.
Get well soon!!!
Unread 02-09-2007, 08:30 AM
50 and lots of ?????

Call your Doc. Who cares if she's busy - YOU ARE IMPORTANT!
Unread 02-09-2007, 12:55 PM
50 and lots of ?????

Yeah to that with Nobs on!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register