Update | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Update

Kathie had her rectocele surgery yesterday. I am asking for everyone to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She called to let me know that she's having bladder trouble and may be staying in the hospital another night. The surgery was successful, evidently it was a rather large rectocele. Her catheter was removed last night and the vaginal packing removed this morning. She has been unable to pee on her own and has had to be straight cathed several times. She's in a lot of pain. Unfortunately the nurses removed her IV this morning so her pain is being managed with oral pain medication and she is still very uncomfortable. She promised to ask them to reinsert the IV if the Percocet and Motrin do not help to ease the pain so that she can get something stronger to keep her comfortable.
She said she would keep me updated and I promise to pass the information along to all of you. So let's all get our positive thoughts together and send them on over to our beloved sister.
Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Update

Did she have a cystocele? The same thing happened to me after this surgery. Bladder would not empty. But then I have had a problem with my bladder. Pretty painful. Thanks for letting us know.
Unread 02-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Update

I'm sorry to hear that she's in such pain. Poor Kathie! At least the surgery was successful.

Gathering my positive energy and prayers and sending them her way. Thanks for the update, Michelle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2007, 03:19 AM
Update

Please send her my love too.... big hugs,Kathie
Unread 02-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Update

I'm surprised they didn't put in a suprapubic cathether. They seem to use them a lot in the uro-gyne area at the M.Cl. Its so much easier to retrain the bladder with one of those, and not have to go through the straight cath ordeal.I removed mine yesterday--it was gross pulling the thing from my abdomen--but only a little painful.

Please send her my get well wishes. I hope that her pain is under control. Also--I hope she gets out of the hospital asap.
Unread 02-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Update

Please send her my best wishes too! Hopefully she is home by now. I agree with Cherytwin the supra pubic catheter is much more comfortable and made the retraining the bladder to go much easier.
Unread 02-15-2007, 06:43 AM
Update

Thanks so much for the good wishes. I made a joke about getting back here even if I had to stand...hit that one right on the head. So this will be very short. I had a horrible experience at the hospital, still in a huge amount of pain and have the catheter in. Alteast I am home! I will give you all the long version when I can get up without dying. I love you all for being there! Thanks so much.
Unread 02-15-2007, 06:56 AM
Update

hey, welcome back Kathie. So sorry to hear you have had a rough time. Go and rest now - get plenty of it - and come back to talk when you are feeling better. We are all here for you.
Unread 02-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Update

I am glad you are home from the hospital. Sorry you are in such pain!!! What are you taking for it? Hope you can rest and have someone to take care of you.

Althought we'd love to hear from you, don't force yourself to sit at a computer until you are totally up for it.

Take care--hope you feel better very soon.

Your mess sister,
Carol
Unread 02-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Update

I'm sooooo glad you're home now, Kathie, but am sad you are in such pain.

Thanks for the update. You really had to stand to write it, huh? That doesn't sound good!

I've missed you and thought about you a lot while you were gone. Thanks for calling Michelle so that she could tell us what was going on with you.

Rest, drink lots of water, rest, walk around your house a little, rest, stay on top of your pain (you might want to write down the times that you take your pills), rest, take your stool softeners and try not to strain , rest, etc.. I know you know the routine, but a little "friendly reminder" can't help. :smilie5:

I look forward to more news from you when you are ready. In the meantime,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register