I'm Bored | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-14-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm Bored

I am two weeks post-op from TAH. I want to drive and go out, but the weather in NY stinks. Anyway, I want to clean out my cupboards, but am afraid to. What is everyone doing? How soon is anyone going back to work? I am scheduled to back to work 3/19/07, I don't want to go back too soon, but I am sooooooo bored. I cant take walks outside, I am not getting any exercise.
Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm Bored

Hi, Dottie!
I would advise you not to clean cupboards just yet. That requires a lot of stretching. Do you have photos that need to be sorted? A desk that needs straightening out? Some people you can chat with on the phone? Enjoy needlework or have a good book that now you have time to read?
Go lightly with your chores. Your body will thank you for it later!!
Unread 02-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Two weeks post op 1-30-07

I drove to the store yesterday (CVS) to just get out. Very sore today and miserable that such little progress is being made to get my strength back. I have to take it easy, still. I can wipe down the kitchen and fold a little (no basket lifting ).
I have been eating right too. It helps a lot, gas still very painful when it occurs.
Off to knit.
Praying for spring.....
Lin in RI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm Bored

I agree, take it easy-My tah/bso was 22 days ago and I only just begun driving this past week. Some boredom ideas I’ve used so far are watching older, classic movies, reading, needle and yarn work. That lasted me all of 1 week Then I graduated to cleaning out the bathroom cabinet, you know, old meds, make-up etc., then on to the kitchen for the utensil drawer. No lifting or stretching involved and you can sit to do all this. Lately I’ve been on a mission. My older brother turns the big 5-0 in October and my sister and I are planning a trip down memory lane though pictures for him. Really old embarrassing childhood pictures. The plus side, I finally get a start on organizing all those boxes of pix (hubby pulls out a box & puts it on the counter when I need them). I also sew and have some projects I need to rip seams out. Today school was closed for snow/ice so to keep the 11 yr busy we made popcorn, got soda, candy, closed the shades and had a movie marathon starting at 7 this morning! That lasted until 11am. Next on the To-Do List is my jewelry box and our dresser drawers. Just get a little creative. You’ll keep yourself busy and maybe find things you forgot you had.
Unread 02-14-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm Bored

thank you all, I really appreciate the support I get through this group. You guys are so understanding
Unread 02-14-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm Bored

I'm bored too, going out of my mind. Had my TAH on Feb 5th, my daughter was going to take me to lunch today but too much snow and sleet. I'm not scheduled to go back to work til last week of March. Not sure I'll make it!!
Unread 02-14-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm Bored

While you are sorting, filing, scrapbooking, reading, etc., be sure to get up about once each hour and shuffle a lap or two around your "space", just to keep your circulation going. It is very important to do this for the healing of all your wounded parts, which will also help you get back to your life as soon as possible. If you have dry pavement to walk on outside, the fresh air will be good for you. If it is seriously winter where you are, walk inside - the danger of slipping or falling cancels out the benefits of going outside for the fresh air. No marathon race-walking yet, just move around enough to stretch your muscles and move your body a little. Then go right back to your resting activity.
Unread 02-14-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm Bored

I'm 4 weeks post-op yesterday and it's quite apparant that I've been really pampering myself.Don't want to screw up this healing process.I haven't even driven yet!!! Am I bored? Hell ya,but once I heal up properly there will be plenty of time to get busy again.As I have read on this site many of times you only have one chance to heal.Listen to your body and happy healing!
Unread 02-14-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm Bored

Thank you everyone for your boredom busting ideas. I too have been feeling the urge to do more than I should.
I feel much better than I expected to feel after surgery so I feel that this "free time" should be more productive. I have been trying to force myself to lay down everyday from 12 to 2 (when kids get home from school). I have been blessed with good weather (in So. Cal) so I have been able to get out everyday this week. No driving yet, gonna wait till Friday for that.

I must say that so far this surgery and recovery have gone very well. I had my TAH/BSO on 2/5. I asked my Dr. yesterday if I could consider going back to work after 4 weeks and when he stopped laughing he said NO-
Remember, you were recently run over by a truck!
Unread 02-14-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm Bored

It seems pretty common around here that during recovery you will have great days, and then some not-so-great days will follow. My doctor told me that after 6 months (TAH) we're still only about 40% healed. It helped put things into perspective for me, and I stopped trying to rush my body to heal before it physically could.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register