Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Unread 02-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Semi-bigger...what a great way to describe me! Of course, that's understating things a bit, but oh well!

And the mental image of the lovely lacy bra with the old, raggedy, stained, period panties is killing me! You ladies seriously have to quit making me laugh so much! Ohhh my poor tummy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2007, 08:26 PM

Yeah...my hubby asked me when I bought the "polka dot" panties....they were ones that hadn't come quite "clean" out of the washer....I just smiled and said- "I found them on sale last week".... Then I high tailed it to the store for some "real" polka dot panties.....

Oh my....

Jean
Unread 02-28-2007, 08:29 PM

okay....gotta share this. Just got off the phone with an aquaintence from a nonprofit that I am President of....HE just gave me hel* for keeping my ovaries!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was the only reason he called me....to give me, as he puts it- "his expert opinion."

Punchline? He is a PODIATRIST. I thanked him for his concern.

Next time blood comes shooting out of my toes, I guess I know who to call....

Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2007, 09:02 PM

Jean!!! Apparently you did NOT read my desperate plea for ya'll to stop making me laugh!!! You're killing me!! Blood squirting out of your toes!!?? Maybe you should give him random calls about his prostate health...or to passionately share your thoughts on him getting/not getting a vasectomy!? He's obviously got balls...his phone call is proof of that! Maybe you should call him and tell him what he should do with them! (disclaimer: I am joking...and I'm way on the edge of my decency scale I'm a good girl I am!)

And I think I've had the same polka dot panty conversation with DH!!! Funny how many common experiences we all have! As much as I and my poor assaulted tummy complain, please keep the fun going gals!
Blessings,
Janice
Unread 02-28-2007, 10:32 PM

ROFL....you two are too funny! oh my goodness.....I agree with Janice lol call him and tell him how he should care for his small round organs LOL see what he has to say about that Jean LOL

Janice- thanks for the instructions on where to purchase my boots for Flo....i cant wait.....she is playing fairly nice this month so far....except for using my ovaries to practice her right hook today. she is tryin to get me to change my mind about her eviction notice but NOPE!!!!!!!! The papers will be filed soon enough LOL
Unread 02-28-2007, 11:20 PM

Dang, I never even thought about that aspect!! WOW! I can buy crisp white sheets with lace edgings without fear. Cooooooooool! I think I am still trying to rap my mind around the whole no more Aunt Flo visits.

BTW, I would still keep the nightgown. You'll still need it during flu season.
Unread 03-01-2007, 12:04 AM

Thanks PugLover...I think I will keep trusty old sick nightie....it's seen me through many painful times...and it will come in handy when I'm sick with other non uterus related illnesses! (secretly glad for a reason to keep my comfy friend... )

Ooohhh...Egyptian cotton, snow white battenburg lace edged sheets!
Unread 03-01-2007, 05:52 AM

YEa DH has already said he cant wait to take me shopping and buy me pretty sets that are as girlie as they can be and scream I AM A WOMAN!!!!!! no way can they be mistaken for depends lol
I have 2 pair of "boyshorts" that are soooooo comfy though, i dont know how i am going to part with them, kind of like your sick nightie janice.
and I cant wait for the pretty frilly sheets either. No more sitting on a blanket on the couch just in case or sleeping on top of that same blanket so not to get it on the mattress either.

Am i gonna make it girls? I am so tired, then I think again "am i doin the right thing?" then i re-read my early post about second thoughts lol and know that i am...but its been such a long wait i have had too long to ponder i think. then i get scared- then i remind myself that God is with me and dh will be there to hold my hand all the way til time to go kick flo out and that will be beyond doors he cannot enter. i know i am going to be ok, and its almost over but i am beginning to really feel the "waiting is the hardest part" feeling. UGH is it the 12th yet LOL

BTW- in another post i had said something about trying to talk DH into a puppy....well we are getting one. Her name is ANNIE (What they had named her already) but we are gonna call her Annabelle. She is a chocolate/tan dapple mini dachshund and I CANT WAIT!!!! DH said I have to wait til around 2 wks after surgery to get her though. she will be my reason to get up every hour or so and move around so that works good and then when i can get out and do the walks...she can keep me company since DD will be at school and DH will most likely be sleeping since he is back on 3rd shift.

speaking of work, i better get moving its almost 6 am and i am still in pjs and not in shower...oops
Have a great day and Janice, (and all other recovering princesses) REST, REST, REST, water, walk, water, walk, REST, REST, REST!

Bless you all.
Jen
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:34 PM

Jen...They make really pretty boy shorts too! My DD has a pair made of lavender stretch lace and she loves them...says they are really comfy! I tried them but they won't stay put...they tend to want to "boldly go where no underwear have gone before" Must be the shape of my bum...

Jen you are going to be ok... This is just the "waiting time blues" you will make it through! Too bad you can't get that adorable puppy now to occupy you and then send it to a "sitter" for the first few days after surgery....or is there another reason you have to wait? I'll tell you, I spent a ton of time on here reading the fun stuff....check out the "memorable thread" section under "beyond the land of hyster" there's a thread called "the old ragged panties" that will totally crack you up! And I'll try to keep the fun going here to distract you....The other thing that helped me was a bit of reverse psychology...I made a list of "things I must do before I go to the castle" and then my focus was on "oh no...I'll never get this all done" rather than on "the big day will never come" Of course, I didn't get it all done, but it did seem to make the time go faster! Silly I know, but it worked for me!

Truthfully hun...this "second guessing" is normal...you're gonna make it...you're gonna kick Aunt Flo to the curb, and you're gonna be a beautiful and happy princess! Hang in there!
Blessings,
Janice
Unread 03-01-2007, 10:57 PM

*deep sigh* thanks Janice. I know its all normal stuff and its gonna be here soon enough. I dont have much left to do on my list....i might actually get my list done YIKES!!!!!!!!!

we have to wait til DH next pay check on the 15th so that is part of why i have to wait. AND she will meet the weight limit...as she only weighs about 2.5 pounds right now LOL
I will try to hit those threads this weekend...thanks Janice! I know next weekend I will be busy with prep and all! But this weekend i will be busy and i think that next week really is going to FLY by so it will be Monday 12th 530 am before i know it and i will be on my way to the castle to be crowned.

how are you doing? are you feeling better yet?

LOL on the "they tend to want to "boldly go where no underwear have gone before" Must be the shape of my bum..."
I will look for those pretty little things LOL hope they dont try to go warp speed mr sulu hahahahaa

ok i feel better now...plus aunt flo is being sneaky and taking it easy on me today....hmmmmmm what is she up to???
Gotta get to bed, i am wiped out. have a great night girls....Janice get your rest and thansk for the lift of spirits!
God bless!
Jen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register