Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Unread 03-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Caz darlin! I'm so glad for you that you're going to have some nice quiet time every day! I'll try to come up with some good suggestions for what you can do....*puts on thinking cap*

As for your neck...I can sooo relate....did you not know that they tip you head down during the surgery? My Dr. said that they have you almost on your head! I found this out by asking her why the heck my neck hurt so bad!!!

You're in jeans already? No fair my poor sore won't let me even think of jeans yet!!!

I am feeling better though...I think today I turned a small corner...I'm well on my way to having my first non narcotic day!!! Still totally exhausted though!...guess that will take awhile....

Hey...one idea about your free time....if you feel well enough to drive, you may feel well enough to go to a movie, or get a manicure, or meet a friend for lunch....or take a LOOOONNNGGGG nap!

Hugs hun....
Janice
ps..you must mean lunchtime tomorrow (for me...it's dinner time on Friday)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2007, 08:06 PM

What??? They tip you back onto your head??? Why on earth do they do that? Do they do that when you have spinal anesthesia too? I'm having general, but, geez, that's weird!
Unread 03-02-2007, 09:04 PM

OK girls. DD and I are about to bust a gut over the Treky talk LOL
believe it or not she knew exactly what those phrases were from. Do you think if I asked for one of those cool ear pieces at the hospital they would look at me like i was from another planet? LOL hope my dr doesnt look like mr spock or i am running out of the room LOL (jk)

SO today was a HARD day, while aunt flo is trying her best to convince me to let her keep visiting (by taking it fairly easy on her messes)today she let her annoying pet Migraine roam the house and I ended up leaving work after dealing with that since 7 a.m. (left work at 235) had consumed 4 extra strength rapid release tylenol since dr wont let me take any aspirin and my excedrin migraine contains aspirin. well after almost 13 hours i decided enough was enough, tylenol wasnt working, ice pack, dark room and 3 hours sleep didnt work either so i caved and took my excedrin. She said that i could use it as a last resort but prefer i try other methods first as aspirin will thin my blood out and she didnt want that this close to surgery. i will be ok from now til surgery, once i get the migraine pain to ease or go away, it doesnt usually come back for amonth at least so i should be good to go now til surgery. they are going to numb my hand before the iv with the cream, dh can stay with me til i go to the O.R. and they are gettin me something to help me sleep the night before *whew*

so, maybe after they tip me on my head i will feel like i have been beamed up huh scotty? LOL
thanks for the laughs ladies

Puppy news: AnnaBelle will most likely be coming home St Pattys dayish
I have decided to spend the remaining 8 days shopping for her supplies and getting my groceries...that will be a chore for next saturday after the mani/pedi lunch with my girl friends. I found out that AnnaBelle weighs 2.5 pounds right now lol and will probalby only be about 8 pounds full grown...guess i will be able to pick her up after surgery (well....as long as i dont have to bend over)
have a good night girls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2007, 10:59 PM

Sorry about the migraine Peanut....you know, you could probably ask the Dr for some fiornal or a narc for it...since you can't take aspirin or ibuprofin....just an idea...

I think they tip you head down so they can get better access to the pelvic area....sounds fun huh? Dr told me this when I asked why my neck hurt so much!!

Well, something will be up anyway!
Janice
Unread 03-02-2007, 11:05 PM

the migraine has pretty much gone now...i took my "forbidden meds" she said i could have them if the tylenol didnt work and there was no way i was spending the weekend like this. DH said i could take one of his vicodin....AFTER I already took the excedrin...OH WELL!
the aspirin should be out of my system by the 12th if i dont take anymore anyway.

HMMMM wonder if they did that when they did the D&C??? Wierd...kind of makes sense, but wierd...oh yea loads of fun..nothing like standin on your head and havin your insides removed LOL
Unread 03-03-2007, 02:54 AM

Oh...the mental picture is painful!
Unread 03-03-2007, 07:49 AM

LOL....They tipped us on our heads to avoid seeing Aunti Flo arrive!!!! They don't like her neither. I am so jealous your in jeans, i couldn't even try right now, as I am still so tender in the abdomen, not to mention this horrible swelly belly. Somedays i can't even put my hand on it, because it feels so bruised. Along with being a chunky monkey anyways, now I got this big ole belly to deal with. Does anybody know how long it takes to make this thing go away??? Anyways, keep the laughs coming girls, I really enjoy them. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, take care all!
Unread 03-03-2007, 01:44 PM

I've hear several months in some cases...but this thread is my experiment to see if lots of laughter will firm it up and work the swellies out faster!!! So...ladies, in the interest of science, keep the fun going....you pre-op ladies too now....we never tire of hearing new ways to eliminate Aunt Flo and her evil minions from our lives....Or funnies about how life will be after...

Help us wipe out swelly belly! Say something funny!!
Unread 03-03-2007, 02:36 PM

thanks for the laughs...all i can say u lady's must have some good med's..hehehe

Hope all is healing well...see all you sisters on the other side very soon!...sighs 6 more days and counting

take care
Ang
Unread 03-04-2007, 08:22 AM

OK, As I just signed up last night about 10 PM and found this thread about midnight, I WAS UP UNTIL 2:30 TRYING NOT TO WAKE UP DH WITH MY LAUGHING! Looks to me like I found the BEST place to use my communicator and be transported from my own thoughts of no one seems to care that I am about to under go major surgery!

Anyway, poor DH. I just had a cervical biopsy done so he has already been told to take matters into his own hands but my Dr.'s office.

Aunt Flo has always been a party crasher, ends me up in a hot bath and/or on a heating pad for the 1st 3 days. DH tells me he is sorry, but there is nothing he can do to make Aunt Flo behave. This is something I have been WISHING for for the past 10 years (back when DD almost killed me and I had my tubal done). Aunt Flo kicking boots are already on as I am not sure that I will have a chance to warn her of her in pending disownment, until my DD starts her association. I sure hope Aunt Flo gets the picture that this family expects better manners from their visitors!!

The on your head thingy...my understanding that they do that to help get the other organs out of the way so they don't get nicked.

Anyway, My wait time will pretty much be filled with work and sleeping and finishing up the last of my appointments.

Well, it is off to find more insoration from you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register