Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Unread 03-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

OK............. DH is beginning to have toooooo much fun with this! Now he is wanting to get some NAIR!!! When we were fixing the sheets on our bed last night I realized we will be able to buy a NEW mattress cover and it will not end up looking like a murder was committed on our bed!!! Then we both realized that the ever present heating pad will find a new home... in the cabinet in the bathroom!
~~~~~serious moment~~~~~
A little background on us........ I am37. DH is 49. We just got married in June. I have always had a bad relationship with Aunt Flo, mostly pain to the point that I can not stand or sit. On 1/11/07 I was in training at my new job. Aunt Flo had decided that she was going to tag along with me that week. While sitting in the training class, I had to just about put my head between my knees to keep from passing out. Had thought about going to the bathroom, but I was afraid I would pass out on the way and no one would find me for a while. About 15 minutes later, we were released for lunch. So, I made the dash to the ladies room. Once I got there, I found Aunties devastating mess, and I had just cleaned up after her an hour ago. I went to tell DH that I was going home to change my clothes. That was when he said he has had enough of my suffering and was taking me to the ER.

At the ER, of course, they found nothing, (guess they did not check close enough!!)put me on provera, and had me follow up with a gyn.

During my 1st visit with my new gyn, haven't had one in years) she found my uterus was proplapsed and did a endo biopsy and a PAP. Scheduled me for a ultrasound. They found a fibroid. Pap came back as abnormal. So now I also know I have HPV to top it all off. MY gyn had told me that She wanted to try NovaSure (also mentioned a partial hyst), which the fibroid is big enough that I am not a candidate for that now. I am also scheduled for a mammogram (today) and a visit to the urologist to test my bladder for the incontonance (spl?). I think that is today too, but am not sure as my DS erased the message on me!!

So, I am with you all on the pain that is known as Aunt Flo, but have just started with her massive messes, other than the clumps that she loves to leave laying around.

Well, I need to make a call and find out for sure WHEN that peepee test is so I will end here.
~~~~~~ End of Serious Moment.~~~~~~
Keep the fun coming!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Castle Trip Scheduled!!

Well, I just got my Castle date!! Man! I have to wait until May 9th!!!! Well, that will give me time to get everything in place and ready!
Unread 03-05-2007, 05:03 PM

Aunt Flo was evicted on day 100th (dec11,06)of her last visit. I mean she didn't get the hint at all when the eviction notice came on Nov 3, 06 (D&C)in fact she was even more stubborn and messy after the notice.
Do I miss her? Heck no but I still catch myself preparing for a visit from her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2007, 06:49 PM

LOL brat46 LOL that is how i felt about her after my d&C dec7th she didnt get the picture and was messier as well in my home afterwards! You would think she would get the hint HMMM NOT!
Shes gettin the boot next monday though lol
Unread 03-05-2007, 09:11 PM

PinkMonkey...I will sooo not miss the shower to toilet jump...OR the toilet to shower jump....I cannot count the number of times I've almost broken my neck and the times I HAVE sprained something (ankle, back, wrist) in this demented athletic attempt! I anticipate being able to actually DRY OFF before sitting on the toilet!

Caz dear, just a wee word of advice....I've heard (and proved it to myself today) that wearing things too tight can actually make swelly belly worse!! Dear old swelly belly is not to be forced into anything...It has a mind and mission of it's own, and if we don't respect it, we get to spend the next day explaining to everyone we meet that "no, I'm not expecting.....I've just offended my belly" So be careful my dear friend.... aroonies,
Janice
ps..I've been meaning to ask you Caz...what exactly is a "right plonker"? Such a fun phrase, but is it nice?
Unread 03-05-2007, 11:52 PM

I can deal with the swelly belly ladies....I anticipated that and was fully prepared with an interesting story....but WHAT is the deal with 1/2 a swelly belly? I am only swelly on the right side. I am having to tell everyone I am carrying the demon child!

Jean
Unread 03-06-2007, 06:19 AM

couldn't begin to guess on that one Jean! Sorry...*giggles behind hand*
Unread 03-06-2007, 07:13 AM

Try laying on your left side at night or maybe a wrap around skirt that wraps from the right to the left.
I laughed also, but really that is odd, what do you think?
Unread 03-06-2007, 01:08 PM

ok first i gotta get this straight!!! i just noticed that my last thread said i was up at 1am 'ish im not!!! this site is very americanised and forgets that here in clean green new zealand on the bottom of the world is up and partying (or trying to) when you are all asleep!! its 8.52am here right NOW, wonder what the site will say...?

janice.... a right plonker is not a rude or dirty word it means i feel like a complete idiot!!!

just a thought...do you know that i had to wait for 9 yrs to find out what a twinkie, tootsie roll and bolonie were??? i read about them in the babysitters club when i was a really little kid and when i was 15 a friend went to canada for a year and told me. i guess we all have some different sayings and favourites! personally the thought of a spongeroll thingy wrapped in a bag on a shelf in a store with others for a while doesn't sound that appetising but hey whatever floats your boat eh??

i need a huge hug, my house is sooo empty, i miss my little 3yr old boy so much! i rang him yeasturday and got even sadder as he wanted to come home.... i love you mummy, can i go home now? waaa! i still have my 5yr old girl here but shes at school all day so i have no one to talk to or give cuddles and kisses to! the house is soo erie, what was it like before i had kids? i cant imagine? theres still a couple of his trucks and dinosaurs scattered around the house and hes got some washing needing to be done in the basket, his bed needs to be made too but i dont want to do it/cant do it, at least if that stuffs around it feels like hes here. i miss his smile and his impromptue big run up for a bear hug... this must be what its like when you know they're not coming home... at least he'll be back in 11 days and counting!

sorry, just a morbid, lonely, boring day!
Unread 03-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Aunt Flo's Last Visit

Woke up to "the visit" this morning so I held a Last Period chocolate party at work today and bought chocolate bars for the women in the school office. Three weeks to go before surgery! Lots to think about between now and then. K. in Hazelridge, Manitoba.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register