Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Unread 03-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Hi Girls

Well I have had a ghastly week which I won't go into here as we are on the pre-op board (have posted elsewhere on post-op about it). Long story short I had to spend the day in the hospital yesterday. But there was one light-hearted moment which I should share as we are on the topic of our Gynaes. Mine is a guy in his late fifties I suppose and quite serious. From day one it was clear we were on a different "sense of humour orbit" and perhaps I should have borne that in mind.

He had to do an internal exam yesterday and was rather surprised at the fact I was bleeding like Aunty Flo was back in residence with a vengeance. He kept saying, "Amazing, amazing, I've never seen anything like it!" . To which I replied, "You know, all the boys say that!". Silence. Not a titter, except from me who was laughing like a deranged person! How embarrassing. Me and my big mouth. I was just trying to add some humour to a very traumatic day.... I decided not to mention Aunty Flo in case he had me committed to the psychiatric ward.

Oh, and ladies. Keep those pads in store, just in case.
MP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2007, 08:39 PM

I suppose it's a good thing you didn't tell him the glitter story then! Although that may have caused even him to crack a smile.
Unread 03-08-2007, 08:48 PM

Did you have your camera. That is so funny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:08 AM

No camera unfortunately, and from where I was lying I couldn't see his face thankfully. I am seriously tempted to get my glitter stick out for next time
Unread 03-09-2007, 08:55 AM

All things that glitter is not gold!!!
Unread 03-09-2007, 01:22 PM

Mine is gold....LOL!!!!!!
Unread 03-09-2007, 02:21 PM

well hello ladies, another beautiful hot sunny day here, my little man called me today and said he was having fun but i love you mummy can i go home now had to creep in again so the phone was passed to hubbie while i had a .
im very emotional at the moment and cry or get horribly moody at the drop of the proverbial hat!

im going to have to wear a skirt or shorts today, it 9.06am and a stinker! im now going to have to present my legs to the goddess of steel to become bare again! i hope she'll be nice and leave no marks!

i'd love to try a twinkie janice but it will cost too much to send here to new zealand! i'll just have to save up and get one when hubbie and i go to hawaii for our 10th anniversary in 2010.

on a better note hubbie and i went out last night to do the groceries for a scout camp hes on this weekend and i conned him into taking me to the new irish pub thats just opened up. it was great i had a bourbon and he had a beer, we shared fries and garlic bread and i got to feel like a normal person (no one knows that i have been snorfleed like our dog as my 5yr old says!), i even put my face on and some nice clothes!!! he wondered what was up when it took me 20mins to get ready for the supermarket!!

im quite scared to have my check at 6 weeks, i had to be given laughing gas for any internals with their lovely metal duckbills and even then the pain was excruciating. my regular gynae knows this and is great about it but the one who did the op doesn't and as i was out cold for it he has no idea, my regular gynae only found out thru trial and error that my pain was real and bad, i dont imagine "mr serious gynae" will take me for what i say as im just a female and he knows best or so i felt when he discharged me!

but he at least after i see him i can have my naughty romantic weekend away! im soo looking foward to it, i might even buy something sexy to wear, even though it will end up on the floor in 5 mins....kinda like the wedding nigt ensemble!!!

hope you are all having a great sleep as i write this, no more earthquakes here since that big one on wed thank god!

hubbie asked me to consider keeping my lowers shaved so i told him that he can keep his legs done and see how he likes that and the re growth!
Unread 03-09-2007, 02:24 PM

ok whats up with the spelling on this site??? cant i say i have been snorfleed like an animal??? is that not politically correct??? its me im talking about... geepers!
Unread 03-09-2007, 02:25 PM

aaarrrggghhh!!! who is checking the spelling on this site!!!!! i hope that you all get the meaning of what i am trying to say!!!
Unread 03-09-2007, 02:49 PM

OMG, you guys crack me up! Aunt Flo came to see me on Wednesday, same day as my first appointment Dr Fix Me Please, so I had to skip the exam part because the cramps were already starting. This is day three and the cramps are getting *worse* instead of better and once again, I had to cancel a few outings because if I leave the house I will be in the bathroom changing every hour and be paranoid of a mess. *sigh* I'm praying my surgery comes next month, but I think I'll have at least one more visit from the wench before I'm free. *sniff* I cannot wait to save on toilet paper, pads, Aleve & Therma Care pads and throw away the snug granny panties!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register