Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! - Page 22 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Unread 03-11-2007, 12:48 AM
Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Oh....and I put on jeans tonight for the first time for a little soiree for a nonprofit that I am the president of....lasted two hours. Jeans are not my friends. Think I could get away with sweat pants and high heels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2007, 07:05 AM

Jean, girl you are too funny...born again virgin LOL
I am sure that DH will feel that way as will I after a minimum 6wks....UGH the sad thing is that while we both "want to" i think the stress of it all coming up tomorrow morning has us "out of the mood" and then I think...but its gonna be S I X W E E K S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-(
oh well....its in God's hands now but hopefully this will be the LAST time I have to tell DH "not tonight honey"
I dont think that sweats and heels are in style JUST YET! Give it some more time i am sure they will be LOL

well girls, i am going to go shoot a couple games of pool with DH before getting in the shower and getting ready for church this fine sunday morning.
Blessings to all of you.....Caz, pls do be careful pulling weeds, i read in the book "Through the Land of Hyster" that a lady had been like 3 or 6 MONTHS post op and was loading topsoil into a wheel barrel and began bleeding and her dr told her to get off her feet...she over did it. pls be careful....even though we are young :-) we still need time to heal and we DO only have one chance to heal right. Take care girl.

janice, hmm I just want to tell you that I just have truly enjoyed reading your posts. i have laughed and cried and sometimes at the same time. Thank you for this thread, a place where we could be overly silly!

Have a great day!
Jen
Unread 03-11-2007, 10:45 AM

Good Morning all,
Just got back from church and wanted to make a quick check in to see how you all are doing. I really would like to see sweats with high heels! It reminds me of a few years ago when the babysitters for my children wore combat boots with their formal dresses to the prom/spring dance! I look forward to pulling weeds and moving around topsoil again. Spring and summertime are a great time at work. A little nausiated this morning so going to lay down. Read at you later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2007, 08:59 PM

hey girls how are you all doing??? thought you'd all like to know that summer over here in nz has very quickly left us!!! its so cold and the rain is so heavy that i cant see the grass outside my windows!!! i now am wearing my trackies and a jersey but as i dont have to go out the heels can stay in the wardrobe right at the back!!!
how are you all doing? i have not been able to get onto the site for a couple of days so i have been wondering!
hey janice im so pleased and jealous that you have been cleared for bedtime activities!!! now we are even, i'll keep my unwanted chastity belt on for a few more weeks under my skinny jeans and you can throw yours away!!
hope you are all well and feeling much better!
caz.
Unread 03-13-2007, 09:15 PM

HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEANUT IS HOME!
things couldnt have gone smoother....will post in post op......
my aunt flo kickin to the curb boots were LONG white stockings with these funky velcro attached squeezers, hooked up to machines that for the next 24 hours would push air into the squeezers to keep flo from thinking she was welcome to come back in clotted form other places. I am home and feeling pretty good....very gassy but feeling pretty good.
Caz- when is your summer there anyway? do you get winter when we have summer?
Unread 03-13-2007, 09:32 PM

Welcome home Peanut I can't believe you went in on the 12th and are home on the 13th! Even if they did release you late. Good job.
Remember drink alot (of water), couple naps a day, and walk a little. Even if you feel great it can and will sneak up on you.

bye bye Aunt Flo!!!
Unread 03-13-2007, 09:39 PM

Got home around 4 and gas pain brought tears to my eyes.....drinking warm tea, eatin the gas-x and walkin around my little tiny house AND fell asleep in the floor LOL.
Thanks for the flowers babcocks..........DH couldnt believe i was coming home either....I said, well i passed all the tests so why not let me go home. My nursing staff ended up leaving me on my own for the better part of the day anyway...never checked my vitals past 830am lol DH was there around 10 and I was walking down the hall....so...guess they figured if i need them i would buzz them :-)
Thanks again, going to post in post op :my hysterstory: then going to head off to bed, was napping but woke up....sent dh off to work and send a few "im home" emails then back to sleep i go. maybe when i wake, the gas fairy will have come to take the majority of the gas away :-)

Jen
Unread 03-13-2007, 09:45 PM

Hey Peanut, welcome home! That's great that everything went well. Did they mention to you whether the stockings work really well, or just reduce the chance of clots? That's what I'm most worried about. But hey...rest and answer my question some other day. I have until next Wednesday.

Unread 03-13-2007, 09:46 PM

I'd keep the gasx handy if I were you
Goodnight
Unread 03-13-2007, 09:53 PM

Singinintherain,
The air filled boots are just to stop clotting. I had to wear them the entire time I was at the castle because of my family history. They work great for that.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register