Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Unread 03-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Glad you are home and all went well!! Now rest. And walk....and drink water....and rest....you got the picture, I am sure.

Don't worry about the clots- they take care of it with the boots they put on you. Best thing to do is to get up and move around though- that is the most helpful thing you can do for yourself!

Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2007, 08:32 AM

singingintherain: my dh's aunt had orthopedic surgery done, they didnt put the boots on her, she got a clot and she now has short term memory loss because she died 3 times for 11 min each and they were able to bring her back. SOOOOOOO bring on the boots is what i say. I didnt take mine off til i took my shower on tuesday but once i was up out of the bed and moving around, they left the stockings on but the boots werent fillin up anymore....IF they dont put them on you....TELL THEM TO! It should be as routine as an IV these days for surgeries. specially like ours and like DH's aunt. Good luck....see you over here on recovery road....really, it wasnt that bad! Once I could stay awake :-)
Unread 03-14-2007, 10:44 AM

I believe Mother nature is a terroist! She has delcared BODLIYWarFair on my Uterus. And with intell from my ovaries (I always new they were spies!) she has once again Dropped a MOAB on my bed this morning, yuck! I was cover from my waist to my feet sisters! Know I just had a D&C Feb 12 shouldn't that have helped instead it's made it worse. I have made messes on my couch-car-5 pairs of panties-pants pj's-my swing, because it was 80 yesterday and I wanted to sit in the sun! I cannot wait until April 9th! If I don't bleed to death first, and I have tons of clots coming out it feels really nasty. I had one the size of a golf ball yesterday. ok I will stop going off now, lol sorry!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2007, 02:31 PM

I didn't express myself very well. Sorry. I know what they're for (the stockings) and what they help prevent. I guess I'm looking for reassurance that they really do the job. I wish I could take them home with me. I will have the stockings -- they told me that in pre-admissions. In fact, the nurse told me to tell my nurses that I want the boots on all night, when I'm not up and walking around. I can live with that.

But my literature from my doc said that DVT can still appear weeks after surgery. :-( That really scares me, being a fluffy lady.
Unread 03-14-2007, 02:33 PM

Gosh, isn't it painful to pass clots that large? That happened to me once and I thought I was in labor! I was doubled over and just wanted to die. Really.
Unread 03-14-2007, 02:52 PM

I had my boots on until I was released...two days later.

I am a fluffy lady too, and was also worried about it. Best thing I read was to be up and moving as much as you can. You can also buy Ted's socks if you are concerned about once you are released. In fact, I bought three pair I didn't use and would be happy to send them on to you if you'd like. Just PM me.

Thanks,
Jean
Unread 03-18-2007, 02:16 PM

Two weeks ago yesterday Aunt Flo started her last visit and she stayed for 8 days. I'm scheduled for my TAH BSO on Wednesday (21st) and LAST NIGHT she decided she wanted one last visit. Ruined all my plans with DH for the last couple of days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confuse:
Unread 03-18-2007, 02:46 PM

That sounds exactly like our Aunt Flo! It will be ok as it will only add 3 days for your dh and AF's visit will be short and uneventful hopefully.
Unread 04-02-2007, 08:42 AM

Hi all! Just wanted to pop in and let you know that my date has been changed.... I now go on April 18th instead of May 9th! Aunt Flo is more than likely going to make 1 last visit here too.
Unread 04-02-2007, 09:36 AM

Isnt she just like that . One more visit. Well she is just about to be set out on the street. Glad to hear they moved your date up. You'll soon be on the road to recovery!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register