Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Unread 02-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Iam busting a gut here reading this thread...OMG....laughter cures all..i was almost in tears again...sitting here loss an came across this post..TYVM sisters..group! hugssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
ty for putting a huge smile on this loss soul

take care sisters.....keep busy!

Ang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2007, 12:43 PM

It has been a whole month since my last visit from Aunt Flo and let me tell you ladies.........IT'S WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 02-17-2007, 01:02 PM

I know what you mean by saying Aunt Flo shows up at the most inconvienient and unwelcome times. In the past year she has shown up on every occation that I did not want her at, Valentine's Day, Christmas Eve, Thanksgiving, Mother's Day, Father's Day, My Hubby's Birthday, My Birthday, and do not for get the best of all Out Anniversary. Now we are so glad to never have to have her in our home again. We planned an evening of celebration for next weekend in Honor of her never returning. I go to the Castle on March 7th. When I am fully recovered from my Castle visit we will go out and have a really romantic weekend and who knows we may never leave the room. Well thanks for the laugh. I needed it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2007, 01:28 PM

s to you tink...I can so relate! The old nag has ruined all of those occasions for me too...we must be on the same schedule! LOL....

What an awesome idea to have a great romantic celebration of the demise of old Auntie.....I was thinking...maybe I'll keep track of when my period WOULD have been and seduce hubby on those days JUST BECAUSE I CAN!!!! Take that Aunt Flo, you old party pooper!!!!
Unread 02-17-2007, 03:34 PM

Sounds great it would sure be nice to have the upper hand finally. No more having to postpone things due to Aunt Flo's untimely visits.
Unread 02-18-2007, 04:43 AM

~~Warning!! Serious moment!~~You know...it's fun to laugh about Aunt Flo going away...and for the most part I am very glad for it...but I I did find myself very sad and weepy when my last period ever arrived! It took me a little while to figure out exactly why, but talking with a friend helped...I think I've got it figured out...

You see, up till now, there's always been this sense of anticipation or possibility each month...."maybe I'll be pregnant this time!"...And while I know that at my age and with my infertility issues another baby was a LONG shot, there was still that hopefulness that was always present....and it's sad for that to end. Also, there's this shift in my identity...how I view myself. I'm no longer going to be a woman in her childbearing years...that's over now..and I think my last visit from Aunt Flo just brought that home to me....

I have to say, it's odd to be so glad about this, and yet sad at the same time...feels a bit nutso! Just wondered if anyone else was experiencing this too...this weird laughing one minute-crying the next thing....(and I haven't even had surgery yet!!! LOL)

My dear friend said something very wise to me about this....she said that when I'm hit with this sadness, and sense of hope lost, that I need to choose to focus on the other things that God has put in my life (or that He will put in my life) that I can find hope in....simple idea, but so profound....New season, new hope!

Sorry to sound so maudlin...insomnia will do that to you! ~~Serious moment over...please feel free to resume your fun~~
s,
Janice
Unread 02-18-2007, 08:49 AM

I know how you feel. But a really good friend of mine that is from England told me that she had a TAH at the age of 25 and said that even though she had two children and was not sure she ever wanted any more she looked at it like this . They took away the oven but left the playpen. I know what it is like to say we no longer want any more children for one reason or another but when the choice is forever taken out of our hands and our control it does make a difference. We will all make it through this and know that we did what had to be done for us all to be the healthiest we need to be.
Unread 02-18-2007, 02:57 PM

OH my Janice, I am so with you on the laughing one minute, crying (or in my case the last 2 weekends SOBBING almost unconsolably) the next. DH said to me yesterday, "I wish there was something I could do or say to help you when you have these moments" I told him just hold me and let me have my break down and remind me WHY WE chose this option and how much better our life is going to be and how much better I will FEEL when its all over with. and he said "I can do that!"
If they cant fix us, but we can give them something they CAN do, they deal better too :-)
DH had a vasectomy when DD was 3yrs old (long story) she is now 11 yrs old and I still am grieving not being in my childbearing years any longer after March 12, 2007. Exactly what i said to DH Tink was that the choice will be forever taken out of my hands...we could reverse his surgery, we CANT reverse mine.
We are holding on to this....If GOD wants us to raise more children, He will bring them with or without a uterus and functioning male reproductive systems :-D (still, I cry no longer will I have the capabilities of feeling a life growing inside, that makes me feel OLD for some strange reason, then i feel NOT SEXY at all, and all that "good"stuff)
SO yep right there with ya girls....laughing my head off at the poking fun and saying GOOD RIDDENS to that nasty, inconsiderate, showing up not knowing when to leave, Aunt Flo....and feeling as though i belong in the nut house the next because I am falling apart at the seams CRYING!

We are strong, and we WILL survive and God will CARRY US THROUGH!

OK as Shalom said.....please resume the fun!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 02-18-2007, 07:03 PM

Ok, I swear that Aunt Flo KNOWS she is going to be homeless and comes around for one last haunt! She started with a vengence today. What a mess she has made...******. hehe

My DD said...."Ok let me get this right...no more periods, cramps and no worries about swimming, etc?! LUCKY! She is also the one who told me she couldn't take 30 more years of menstruation.

Ibeshoppin
Unread 02-18-2007, 07:10 PM

Aunt Flo can kiss my sweet..bleep bleep..lol venting...Aunt Flo is playing head games with me ..been on non-stop since before x-mas...iam so tired...then i go to spotting....then today thought was gone...even got excited about just maybe just maybe have one good evening if you know what I mean before surgery...Iam so afraid I'll never climax again...long sigh!
lol..just like to have a few weeks of major TLC before my surgery date..is that too much too ask for?...
hugs too all the ladies in waiting

Ang

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register