Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Unread 02-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Oh dear Ang...That is sooo not fun! Hey! Maybe a few of us can sneak up on the old tyrant and hogtie her so she'll stay away from you for a while! Hmm....how could we do this?......Any ideas ladies?

Well Ang, here's a in the meantime....I wish I could do more...*walks away muttering about how mean Aunt Flo is*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2007, 08:54 PM

lol!..ty hun for making me giggle ...guess i'll just get the old faithful towel out again just in case...sighs..cant wait to throw that away!...should burn it...in protest agaisnt Anut Flo..kick her off this planet earth..hehehe...Too daaaaaaaaa! Moon Aunt Flo!
Unread 02-18-2007, 08:57 PM

OK...now you've got me laughing! Moon Aunt Flo!!! Oh my! I need to run to the potty now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2007, 08:59 PM

hehe gotta laugh dear only thing getting me threw this mess..one min iam scared to death ...next iam busting a gut from laughter...hugssssssssss...
p.s hope u made it to potty in time...hehehehe
Unread 02-18-2007, 09:05 PM

I made it...it's all good! Amen on the laughter...laughing all evening leaves you much prettier than crying all evening...and in a better frame of mind too! So, let's giggle away!
Unread 02-18-2007, 09:16 PM

I must say u seem in good spirits...congrats...i still have 18 days and i am a ******* reck most times..getting a bladder infecction last week scared me but taking my meds an pampering myself ...feeling guilty about what iam spending on a few things needed..and i still need a few things...grrrrrrrrrrrr will be my 3rd time trying to find some half decent granny panties..the one's i bought last nite ..were cute...low ride..figure would be great below the stitches...i think not wore a pair had had a wedggie all nite...lol most action i have seen in over a month tho...lmao
srry devil made me type that...hard being a single mom
Unread 02-18-2007, 10:05 PM
my farewell party

after reading the beginig threads last fri or sat night i decided that i too would have a FAREWELL AUNT FLO send off....i have tomorrow as me and then wed is d day (same as shalom's! im thinking of you....).So me and 5 friends hit the town, it was like being a teenager again...they all came to my place and we all got dressed up in mine and hubbies room...he was watching the rugby... did our hair and makeup with the aid of a few too many drinks and then hit the town to be hit on by very young twenty somethings...had a blast and stumbled in at 4am....thanks taxi man!
im still feeling the effects so hopefully my nice "nap" on wednesday morning will finally cure me! I had to give blood today to get it all checked and make sure i wasn't preggie AS IF!!!!!! i'd just like to say that i am wearing the last fugly pair of undies i own and hey auntie flo.....SOD OFF!

Unread 02-19-2007, 08:09 AM

Aunt Flo has sent her message; she is coming with me on vacation! I leave today and woke up with her trademark on my face, and I could see her head lights coming. I think she gives me the migrane to force me to close my eyes, so I will not have to look her straight in the eye and tell her how I feel. I was trying to pack lightly but she insists on her own style, and hates me in jeans! The nerve of her.
She has been courting my 12 year old DD and I am hoping she will delay her arrival. I feel like I have to treat her like my mother-in-law, pretend for the girls that "she is not really that bad"!
Shalom, thanks for keeping up the laughter.
Unread 02-19-2007, 09:25 AM

I keep thinking of all the things i want to get or think i might need then i too start feeling guilty. DH bought me some cute comfy jammies to recover in....and get this....he LIKES them I am thinking maybe a little too much. he said, i know what is under those cute cotton jammie pants and shirts LOL OH BOY! He wotn let me buy any new clothes though, says after i get all healed up we will go shopping, has a feeling i am going to lose enough weight to be out of the size i am in and doesnt want to spend money on clothes i wont be able to wear in 2 or 3 months cuz they are falling off of me.....boy is he optimistic LOL

having a hard time sleeping last night, partly dh went back to 3rd shift and i was lonely....but mostly my brain wouldnt shut down and i started thinkin again about am i doing the right thing...what if pathology shows nothing more than a large uterus and thick lining??? Am I getting rid of a healthy organ? Then i thought, maybe so, but i cant live like this, missing work because i cant stay out of the bathroom more than 15-20 min at a time, large clots, looking like i sat in a big puddle of blood on the back of my jeans having to leave work with a jacket tied to my waist so i can get out of the building and to my car without everyone seeing that....being able to be spontaneous in plans with DH and not have to look at the calendar and "plan" when we can get away or how many days we have to be intimate because Flo is going to rear her ugly head, not having to put off spending time doing things with dd like the library for crying out loud i cant even go to the library, i feel sick and tired and FAT and somedays would be lucky to make it up there before having to change again. Dont sing at church, dont want to cry for sure or yell or anything that might open the flood gates in the southern regions because that would be a disaster for a newsbreak right in the middle of your favorite show, no more sleeping on an old thick blanket for 8 days and on the other side of the bed from DH so as to not let Flo get her dirty little hands on him or on my sheets and mattress, no more ruined pretty panties that i just bought and she showed up and maybe just maybe no more iron pills that constipate and make things green!! and i might even be able to save some "green" CASH because i wont have to buy the SUPER MULTI SIZES BOX or 2 boxes of super plus in addition to a box of supers and regs AND bag of maxis, cuz the pantiliners just cant keep up anymore, might get to sleep through a night for more than 2 hours at a time before waking up making mad dashes to the porcelien white throne only to find that my dashin wasnt fast enough and now i need clean panties as well.

When i think of all the above, then I realize and know that these are the reasons we decided to do this, so I might actually have a life. Flo's visits have been getting messier and sometimes longer each year if not a couple of times through the year getting worse...and she brings that nasty migraine with her too. I agree with another sister who said maybe so we cant see Flo coming lol
sorry for the downer girls...guess i needed to vent a bit and just talk myself through my reasoning again. Have pre-op today at 3 and i guess my nerves are getting shot! 3 wks to go from today!

Jen
Unread 02-19-2007, 08:32 PM

Actually Peanut, I want to thank you...You've made a great case for NOT chickening out of surgery!!! Like so many other ladies about to go to the castle, I'm feeling a bit better and starting to think..."maybe I don't need to do this..." *go ahead ladies...smack some sense into me!*

Your vent has served a double purpose...it got some things off your chest, which always feels good...and it reminded me of just a few of the reasons I'm doing this...not to mention the PAIN!!!! So, thanks Peanut darling....for kicking me off of fantasy island and back into reality....No backing out for me!
s,
Janice

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register