Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Unread 02-19-2007, 09:51 PM
Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

OH Janice thanks...I never thought of it that way. Glad I TYPED some sense back into ya! :0)

Ok girls, I know that another sister posted this awhile back and I thought YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!! Well it happened to me today at pre-op! THEY MISPLACED/LOST MY CHART!! NO KIDDING!

My nurse said "I put it on drs desk b/c of the paper work you needed her to fill out for you for today and we forgot that is where we put it"
The receptionist said as I was leaving "If you saw DRS desk you would understand why we couldnt find it in that mess!"LOL
I am glad her surgery skills and bedside manner are better than obviously her desk keeping skills LOL
SO ALL SET...BOWEL PREP AND ALL UGH she said I can eat big bfast or brunch but at 12 noon, CLEAR LIQUIDS only...Jello, tea, coffee, pepsi/coke, broth, etc. she said flavor of jello doesnt matter so her reasoning is this....not gonna have much of an appetite for about week and not good to have all that food sitting there in GI tract for that long, as well as if i were to get knicked in the bowel it would be very bad.
came home, crawled in bed with dh and cried again, realizing main fear at this point....THE IV and possibly fainting again like with the D&C. Silly fear to have I know, but I hate fainting..its scary and I dont like it at all.....and I hate needles about as much! lets just get this over with :-)

SO Janice...Stop looking for "DA PLANE, DA PLANE" *lauging to self remembering watching fantasy island as a kid* get your hawiian lei (spelling?) and come back to the state of reality....one more day to go. DONT BACK OUT NOW GIRL...YOu almost got FLO kicked out for good, dont give her papers to come see you again and ruin more of your life and panties LOL

Love ya...prayers for you!!!!!
Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2007, 04:12 AM

Don't worry Jen, I'm going on Wednesday and I'm getting my crown! Nothing will stop me from being a !!! My moment of insanity is history thanks to you!

I had a similar experience with a chart mix-up a few years ago, I was having a lap surgery to remove adhesions (ONLY adhesions), I'm in the prep room getting my IV in and thankfully they let my sister in with me...(she's had nursing training and knows alot of medical terms)The OR nurse comes in with the consent forms and starts reading off what procedure(s) I'm giving consent for....I'm nervous, getting poked with a needle and understandably distracted, so I'm just nodding along when I notice my sis looking a bit concerned....So I ask her "what's up?" and she asks the nurse...."don't those last two things you said refer to removing the uterus and ovaries?" the nurse looks confused and says "yes" and I go "um NO! I'm only having adhesions removed!!!" They had another woman's surgical orders in my chart!!!! We apparently had the same first name!! So I almost got a surprise hysterectomy 3 years ago!!!! You really gotta pay attention! Now, I'm pretty sure my Dr would have realized when she saw me on the table that I was not her hyst for the day, we'd already done this surgery once and she was familiar with me...but still!!!

Thanks for the love and prayers....I'll send some up for you when it's your turn!
s,
Janice
Unread 02-20-2007, 05:37 AM

Me too with the consent forms - they had "Total Hysterectomy" on mine, when I was having "SubTotal". Luckily I spotted it. You have to check and double-check unfortunately.
Good luck for Wednesday Janice, you have lifted many people's spirits around here, thank you. (BTW I just realised that Lebanon is a place in the States - here was I thinking you were in the Middle East.... Duh!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2007, 06:49 AM

Ladies, this is too funny. The night before my surgery, i had pre-op calling to confirm everything, and I thought it was funny that they told me to bring payment of 250 with me, because that is the co-pay for day surgery. I knew inpatient was 500.00. Good thing I questioned it. They had me scheduled for another D&C/hipsta (pics), which I just had Nov. 10th. I was stressed out enough the night before, now I had to go down the line with the hospital, and tell them I was having a hysterectomy. They told me I wasn't covered for that, and I was only covered up to 23 hrs. after surgery. So I had to call my surgeons office that night, and the girl had to stay late, so she could straighten it all out. I had to be at admittance 9:30 am...I never received the phone call until 8:00 am, the next morning, to tell me I was all set. Talk about nerve wracking. It takes 45 minutes to get there. So if anyone has any questions, don't be afraid to ask!!!!! If things don't match up to what you were expecting, make sure you question them. Boy, I would have been bull.... had they just done another D&C. Good luck tomorrow Janice. Sounds like your surrounded by a very loving family, and just remember your sisterhisters, are here praying for you!!!!
Unread 02-21-2007, 07:20 AM

yea i will be reminding her the day OF that its only the uterus and cervix UNLESS their is disease on the ovaries
I gotta run, time to go to work.....
TIME TO MAKE THE DONUTS (rmemeber that commercial LOL)
No i dont make donuts lol i am an accounting tech...but thought that was funny!
have a great day...thinking of you today janice and praying for you and all the other 21rst sisters! God bless and speedy recoveries!

Jen
Unread 02-22-2007, 08:48 PM

Thanks so much for your good wishes, Jen, Pamaki, megapixel....It means alot to me! I meant to get on and say ta ta to everyone before I went to the castle, but wouldn't you know it, the internet was being a putz! I'm home now, and I really felt everyone's support and prayers! God bless all my hystersisters! I'll try to keep the laughs coming, but who knows? Maybe once I'm off pain meds I won't be funny anymore!
s,
Janice

PS...Aunt Flo was booted thouroghly, the nurse didn't object to my boots...she even helped me lace them up!!!
Unread 02-22-2007, 09:24 PM

Glad you are home safe and well Janice. Keep the boots on, you may need them to boot the constipation*! Take care and wishing you a smooth recovery.
Megapixel.
*Never thought that I would become so obssessed with BMs.... will try not to mention again.
Unread 02-22-2007, 09:36 PM

Don't apologize Megapixel, When you've gotta go and can't, it's the ONLY thing in the world that matters!!! I'm so sorry you're hurting....did the Dr prescribe stool softeners for you? I'm taking colace which is helping nicely....If that's not helping, here's a few fun facts I learned when I had a chronicly constipated 4 year old...maybe one of them will help you....gummy candy (worms, bears, etc...) will make everything slippery and more easily eliminated, sugarfree gum will have a laxative effect if you eat several sticks of it...especially Extra brand...a pack of 5 sticks was enough for my wee one, so you may need a few packs depending on your size...(you need to forget you're an adult for a bit and swallow the gum though...) Dr. Pepper will work if you drink several cans of it, and finally, you can make a solution of Epsom salts and water and drink it (the directions are on the box...but it's not near as pleasant as the other ideas!
Blessings,
Janice
Unread 02-23-2007, 06:21 AM

Hi Janice, Welcome Home!!!!! Glad all went well for you, and will continue to pray for a speedy recovery!!!! (You still have a sence of humor...lol).
Unread 02-23-2007, 07:02 AM

HEY JANICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are home and safe and sound. Glad you got to keep the boots on LOL

Rest and recover and keep your sense of humor...we will chat soon.

Jen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register