Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Unread 02-26-2007, 02:43 AM
Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Pamela and Caz...I can totally relate to feeling worse than expected!! I felt sooo good the day of surgery that feeling so rotten now is an unwelcome surprise...I have such a deep strong ache in my entire abdominal area and also in my back! I keep worrying that I'm going to run out of pain pills before I feel well enough to not need them anymore...sigh...

Caz, I am sooo bloated... Without exaggeration, I'm as big as I was at 8 months pregnant!!! Guess I won't be shaving my own legs for several weeks! lol...And Pamela, I am cracking up to the point of tears over your hubby thinking we were talking about my REAL AUNT!!! Our poor men....I wonder how often we have them totally befuddled like that!?

I planned ahead to make sure I would get enough rest...I told my DH and older kids over and over that they would have to do it ALL for at least a month...maybe 6 weeks...I figured if I told them that, I'd at least get 3 weeks out of them....Only two problems...1)none of them seem too bothered by undone housework...they seem very content to keep things uh let's say...casual.... and 2) my butt hurts!!! I can't imagine just sitting around for weeks! My tailbone is sooo angry with me...what am I gonna do?

PinkMonkey....I'm with you on the "wipe and glance" ritual....wonder how long it will take me to remember not to do that anymore? I'm sure that your rejoicing will far outweigh your small mourning over the passing of the old bag! I've got the date of my "would have been" next period marked on the calendar....I'm gonna PARTY!!! DH doesn't know it yet, but he's taking me out for dinner to celebrate the "non-event"!
Hugs all around,
Janice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2007, 02:50 AM

Hey Janice
First aid for that aching back. Ask DH and/or kids to rub your back a few times a day. Very gentle touch on either side of your spine to loosen those muscles, while you are sitting on the edge of the bed or wherever is comfortable. I found it to be very soothing. And the physical touch is good for the soul too - you will feel better, I promise!
Sending you pain-relieving vibes!
MP.
Unread 02-26-2007, 05:09 AM

Caz, so glad to hear you called. I hope you slept better last night. I am so sorry you are so uncomfortable, and if it happens again, i would go see your dr. I agree with megapixel, i've personally never heard of arms being like that. Something, I definately would not ignore. As far as you grieving for no more children, i'm so sorry (hugs).....it must have been so hard for you to hear. I'm 40, and would have loved more children. I lost a set of twins when I was in my 20's, and was devestated. Then I had my daughter in 1991. (my miracle baby). At the same time, caught my husband cheating. Thru his but out, and raised her alone. I got preg. in 1996, and was devestated when i had another miscarriage. Realized later in life, when I remarried, that maybe I would want another one. However, ever talking to my new hubby, we decided not to try, because I lost so much blood in 96, they thought I would die. I'm sure your struggling with it, and I only can tell you, that I put it in Gods hands. Their must have been a reason that it happened to me. You have every right to grieve, and must go thru the process. Just try to remember, that you have been truley blessed by two children that i'm sure are completely beautiful. Try to stay focused on them, and I pray, that will help you get through this difficult time. I know it wasn't your decision, and it was taken out of your control. But, maybe it happened for a reason. Maybe your life was in danger, or would have been with another pregnancy. Your needed here for the 2 children you were blessed with having. I hope this helped a little for you. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2007, 05:22 AM

PinkMonkey,,,,Totally bloated here....can't see my too-too anymore when I wipe....I think its still there....lol. My swelly belly won't let me wear my clothes yet. Good thing I had some old overalls to put on for my big "date night" the other day for walmart and eating out. I keep telling my DH he could take a pin and pop me. Really, feeling like i'm gonna explode any day now. DH just looks at me with his cute little face and says "honey, don't worry....people blow up every day"....with his fake english accent. Makes me laugh uncontrollably. Your so not alone.
Janice, I know what you mean about house work. It truley amazes me, that they can walk right over big clumps of dog hair floating. Is it just that moms can see it????? And they have realized, it actually is work to load that dishwasher!!! They have also realized, once you put clothes in washer, they need to be dried and also folded!!!! SHOCK!!!! I have to say, when they do something, I do make sure I don't critisize them for not doing it like me. I guess if they miss a little dog hair, its not that bad....lol.
Hope all wake up feeling a little better today. Have a great day ladies. Enjoy the court shows on tv. (I think I can become a judge...lol).
Unread 02-26-2007, 08:35 AM

Caz-
I understand how you feel about the babies. I'm 24 and have two babies. I always thought I would have many many babies. I am trying to come to terms with this still. It is hard to realize that I won't have anymore of them, and my sister can't have babies and she keeps saying at least I have the two, and that's true, but it still hurts that I can't have anymore.

I had my last visit from Aunt Flo about two months ago. I got put on Depo before we realized I had to have surgery, so she hasn't really shown up. She thinks about stopping in every now and then, leaves little notes lying around, but I've been succesful in avoiding her. I won't miss her, she stays for 10 days or more every time she comes, and I can't wait for her to just go away. Thanks for all the laughs.

Tonya
Unread 02-26-2007, 12:58 PM

Ooohhh... back rub!!! Megapixel, that may be the two most beautiful words I've ever seen posted here!!! I feel better just reading them! I can't wait till I can get someone to do that for me....(better wait till the housework is done though )

Well, I'm with Pamela...gonna go work on my law degree now....(which comes on first again? People's Court or Judge Judy? hmmm...gotta go check....)
s
Janice
Unread 02-26-2007, 02:59 PM

its so nice to be able to ***** and moan and have people understand!
hubbie tries but he only wanted 2 kids anyway and all he wanted was to sleep the other night when i had the arms from hell he felt bad for me but couldn't do anything...i said a hug would've been nice when i was bawling my eyes out! (i had a great sleep last night thou you'll all be pleased to hear!!) im wearing my clothes today, i wish id kept a pair of preggie pants...at least its summer here and i can wear a baggy top over pulled down bike pants ( what a great look!!!) im so envious of all my fellow princesses who are in winter at the moment, you can snuggle up all cosy and all i want to do is run around naked its so hot, but cant do that with the mum in law here and non stop visitors, but how can you tell the visitors to ****off???

on a good note.....i can do number 2's now!!! i was so excited i had to tell hubbie! he was "thrilled".
its so funny the things that seem such a huge thing to us at the moment, our males must think were nuts, but they didnt have aunty flo to visit them!
Unread 02-26-2007, 04:21 PM

Aunt Flo was planning another of her visits right before my surgery date, but my doctor has decided she has become a harmful maniac and must be stopped. He is giving me a few little drugs that she can't stand, so she's never visiting again.

Last month, she stayed too long and made such a mess that I was dreading her next visit. But, now that I know last month was her last visit, I feel a little sad. I was kinda looking forward to a quiet moment to say goodbye - pain though she's been. Weird, huh?
Unread 02-26-2007, 06:20 PM

caz nz
You don't have to tell visitors to "****off"...take the passive aggressive approach and just fall asleep while they're there. You heal during your sleep anyway...so you need it! (Good excuse aye?)
Unread 02-26-2007, 06:56 PM

Hi Caz
I too wanted to get rid of some visitors in the early recovery stages. Especially the ones who thought I would be up and about the day after I got out of hospital! To those who would not take the hint (me lying prostrate on sofa asleep) I would say "Sorry, I am fading, I have to go to bed." If they still didn't leave (really!) I'd give them the newspaper or a magazine while I went back to bed! I'm sure they meant well.

Saying that, here are some classic things that people have said to me recently:

"If I hadn't known you'd had major surgery, I would have thought, mmmm, she looks really ill, I wonder what's wrong?"

"Did I ever tell you about my (insert anatomy here) operation?"

"Oh my Mum had a hysterectomy, it's just a routine op isn't it? She breezed through it, I think she was only in bed for a day or two!"

But the best one, was the "friend" who offered to bring me dinner the other night. I am vegetarian and always have been.
"I brought lamb chops as I thought your husband might be wanting some meat".

Caz, how are the arms today?
MP

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register