Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Unread 02-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Oh my! I can't believe how clueless people can be! There are the people who come around at a time like this because they genuinely want to help, bless and serve.....and then there are the OTHER ONE'S....the ones who come around because somehow you being ill gives them a chance to scratch some itch of their own...to prove how helpful they are, to point out how tough their life is, to...to....WHO KNOWS? But it certainly doesn't help us feel better or heal faster!!! Sometimes I wish I had the guts to say to those people...."Wow!! It's amazing how my surgery suddenly became all about you! "

Megapixel, I really admire you for giving them a magazine and going to bed! You go girl!!! I had a friend call today and ask if she could come see me...I, thinking she wanted to come check on me and wish me well, said yes....So she comes in, flops on my couch grabbing one of MY pillows and starts to tell me about how she decided to come see me since she'd had such a hard day, and felt so grumpy, and blah blah blah....So, I made a few sympathetic noises and then said, "Well, anyway...would you mind rubbing my back? I'm really hurting!" And she did! For about 5 minutes and then had to leave....awww

Hey Caz....try sundresses! Then you can be pseudo-naked!
Blessings,
Janice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2007, 11:18 PM
ta for the great hints on visitors

hey lightandclouds i felt the same way when i realised aunty flo was going as my op was planned 5 days after i got a ph call to advise me and i'd just finished with aunty flo 2 days prior. i had spent that last 9 days yelling and cursing at aunty flo and poor hubbie and then i never got to see her off with a farewell, but now ive had it done im so pleased i never have to stand in "that aisle" and be embarrassed to choose the ones that are cheapish while the store shelf filler boy is next to me. im going to put the money i spent on pads, tampons and drugs each month into a special box and when its full im going to buy myself a nice new ring to celebrate.

i have tried to fall asleep and just left the room to fall on the bed but 1 person wont take the hint!
my mum had a tah and she got up pretty fast too and keeps reminding me!

Unread 02-26-2007, 11:21 PM
sundresses

what a great idea, id have to raid mums wardrobe for some of hers as i dont own any...hers are totally in fashion now, even if they are 20+ yrs old!!!
how you doing today janice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2007, 02:35 AM

Megapixel, my mom keeps telling me about her surgery in 1976 and how she had no problems whatsoever. When I talk about any concerns I have, she waves them off as if all people have the same results.

Caz, the comments are starting already and I haven't even had the surgery yet. There appears to be a raging battle among my friends and relatives over whether I should keep the ovaries. I appreciate their advice, but geez, they seem to be so affected by my decision.
Unread 02-27-2007, 03:09 AM

I'm feeling pretty good Caz...can't believe how tired I get though....I'll be doing good and then WHAM!!! I'm instantly exhausted! ....

lightandclouds...I think the best thing we can do is just giggle over how silly it is for people to be soooo invested in OUR reproductive organs!!! Sheesh people...get a life!

s all around,
Janice
Unread 02-27-2007, 06:49 AM

Ohh, try not to be too hard on them. They are just trying to show you how much they care about you. (Even if it is a little misguided) Imagine how hurt you might feel if they didn't come to see you or talk to you. My Mom also had a much quicker recovery, but she spent 9 days in the hospital and wasn't anemic. The two situations were completely different.
Unread 02-27-2007, 09:19 PM
re the overies debate

if there is nothing wrong with them i thought why get rid of them ,they keep my hormanes right and are pretty helpful...on the other hand ovarian cancer can frequently ocour and if i have the opportunity to get rid of them with the tvh and get rid of the future risk at the same time why not go for it?
i had to think long and hard and i decided to keep mine so i wouldnt have to go on any type of drugs (no pain killers etc each month) as they were not doing me any harm and i could get a brain tumor in 20yrs to kill me instead of ovarian cancer!!!

dont feel pressured by anyone even your doctor.its your body, do whats right for you!
Unread 02-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Help!!

i got the signature thing sorted the other day, typed it all up and thought it looked pretty good....now it wont come back, what am i doing wrong???
Unread 02-27-2007, 10:47 PM

Caz hun, The signature only shows on your first post on each page...so you're ok...

Babcocks...I hear you! I'm poking fun at them so I will see the humor in the situation rather than be offended and end up being too hard on them! And truthfully, there are some people (just a few) who I'd rather stay away when I'm in a weak place like this...because they only make things worse...but you are right...for the most part, I'm surrounded by people who love me and want to help....And I'm grateful for them.

And hey...I could feel great right out of the hospital too if I got to lay around there for 9 days! Isn't it amazing how much they've shortened the hospital stay for major surgery since our mother's time? Wonder who's right? Will they come around in 20 years and say..."wow...we've discovered that the short hospital stay isn't good for the patient!" I think 9 days is a lot, but one night is too short....I mean I stayed in 4 to 5 days for a c-section...and this is more traumatic to the body than that! It's a shame when money and insurance companies make medical policy...OK...I'll get off my soapbox now...
Unread 02-27-2007, 11:22 PM

Hey great post. I didn't think of that but you are right, they use to stay in the hospital way longer than they do now. And I think that they send you home way to early too. But we survive. Just if we had a little more time, maybe we wouldn't suffer some things, not sure. I didn't realize the signature thing either. I just knew it was there sometime and sometime it isn't. The things you learn sheeshh.
Oh this morning went to the grocery store to get panty hose for work, and as I was walking to the panty hose section, I walked right past the tampons and pads and they screamed at me, I just laughed and walked right on by. HA!!! It was such a good feeling, and the 1st time it really got me like that. Like I said I just laughed!!! I went to work and told the other girls and they just gave me the look!! I just continued to Laugh!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register