In the home stretch.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

In the home stretch.... In the home stretch....

Unread 02-16-2007, 06:23 PM
In the home stretch....

The call just came from the hospital....yes, they are still expecting me there bright and early on Monday morning....let the journey begin. I am not ready but it will have to be okay. Everyone on here is so organized - cleaning house, cooking and freezing meals, setting up their "recovery" areas. Me...well, I am just trying to figure out who is going to bring me home when they spring me from the hospital and just how am I going to climb two flights of steps to get into the house?! Wish I felt more in control of this whole situation but I definitely don't. Last day of work today and it was rough - did I cover all bases, get enough things in order for them to do what I do, tie up all loose ends? No shopping is done yet, a few things are thrown in the tote bag to take with me, no pampering manicures or pedicures are on my agenda. This whole situation blindsided me and I have only had a little over a month to come to grips with it. This definitely wasn't on my radar for the new year....but I will just have to deal with it the best I can. Good luck to all the 2/19/07 "sisters" and everyone else, too!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Hang in there !

cin-sister !
We have the same visit date . Good luck ! Now is not the time to worry about work . I know it is hard not to . But this is your time to worry about you ! It will be fine and they will make it . I hope everything as far as getting home and in your place goes good . Good Luck ! You will be in my thought`s and prayer`s !!
Unread 02-16-2007, 06:45 PM
In the home stretch....

Hugs!!! We are going to be in this together Monday! I have to be there at 6:30 am!!! My thoughts and prayers are with all of us in that OR Monday!!!!!

I will be looking for both your posts on the post op board!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2007, 06:47 PM
In the home stretch....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35andready
cin-sister !
We have the same visit date . Good luck ! Now is not the time to worry about work . I know it is hard not to . But this is your time to worry about you ! It will be fine and they will make it . I hope everything as far as getting home and in your place goes good . Good Luck ! You will be in my thought`s and prayer`s !!
Many thanks for the good wishes...and same to you! No doubt we will see one another's posts in the post-op section of the message boards. I know work will be fine and they will manage to figure things out. It would be nice if I felt a little more confident about how things are going to go around home but will just have to take that one day at a time. Best of luck to you!!
Unread 02-16-2007, 06:51 PM
In the home stretch....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitneyB
Hugs!!! We are going to be in this together Monday! I have to be there at 6:30 am!!! My thoughts and prayers are with all of us in that OR Monday!!!!!
Yes, we will have to be there for one another in spirit. At this point my surgery is at 7:30 AM and they told me to be there two hours before.....what an inhumane hour of the morning but I probably won't sleep the night before anyway. Have to call the OR on Sunday just to confirm the time - guess there is always a chance they will juggle the schedule but I really hope not - I am tired of the anticipation. I will look for everyone's posts when we come out!
Unread 02-16-2007, 06:52 PM
In the home stretch....

Thanks cin-sister !! Hugs ! That is the way to look at it . One day at a time . That is the only way we will get through it . You both will be in my thought`s Monday . I don`t have to be there till 11 . So it will be alond morning for me . But it will soon be done with .
Unread 02-16-2007, 07:01 PM
In the home stretch....

cin-sister,
If you can borrow adjustable crutches from someone, it might help you climb the stairs, it may be easier to use your arm strength than your legs. This might take the pressure off you abdominal muscles. You should practice using them before Monday. If you try this, make sure you have someone right behind you on the steps. I hope everything goes well for you! Just try to relax a little. I didn't get many things done before surgery either. You just have to do the best you can, everything seems to work out in the end. If you are alone, just make sure you have some frozen dinners, cereal, and snacks handy. You will be too tired the first week to cook. Good luck, I'll keep you in my prayers.
Unread 02-17-2007, 03:26 AM
In the home stretch....

Try not to worry. Whatever does not get done doesn't get done. You don't need much for the hospital. The things I used were slippers or I purchased the non=skid socks, robe (over the hospital gowns since I found that the easiest thing to do) chap stick and as you will see on this site many of us don't even need to wear underwear while in the hospital. I actually came home in a pair of pretty pajamas bought one size to large so was really comfortable. If you don't have time to cook, so what, purchase some quick snacks and frozen food. If cleaning doesn't get done don't worry about it. Everyone will be concerned about how you are feeling, not the way your house looks. Also a cane or walking stick might help. I use the walking stick to put pressure on while getting up or sitting down. I just had my SAH on Feb. 7th. so I am still recuperating. Best wishes to you and everyone going next week. Our prayers are with you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register