Bowel Issues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Bowel Issues

My bowel movements have been looking strange and was wondering if this should be cause for concern. I am not constipated; however, my stools (sorry for being graphic)... consist of small black balls formed together in a larger lump and covered completely in a thick mucus. Has anyone else encountered this???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Bowel Issues

Gee, I don't know but maybe you might call your doctor just to be sure you don't have some sort of intestinal infection.

Can't say I experienced that, but everyone is different.

Are you by chance swallowing nasal drip from a cold? Don't mean to be crude or anything but when my son was a toddler he would do that and it really shocked me when changing his diapers and the doctor said it was due to his nasal discharge going right into his tummy and then on through his digestive system.

Still, I'd check with your doctor if only for peace of mind. Good luck!
Unread 02-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Bowel Issues

I think, if it was me, I'd call the doctor and report it.

Over the years, I've been told that you should report stools that are "black" in color.

Iron, and certain food supplements, as well as a few other meds will make your stools black, but blood in your digestive tract will also make stools black. So I think it'd be better to be safe and check it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2007, 05:54 AM
Bowel Issues

Hi CanadianEh! Welcome to HysterSisters!

I can understand why this would feel a little unsettling. I think Diane99 and mschickapee had great ideas to call your doctor. You could put in a quick call and soon have reassurance that either 1) your doc will help you fix this or 2) your doc will be aware of the symptom and can offer you relief in knowing it's a symptom that might be "normal" for you right now.

Will you let us know what they say?
Unread 02-19-2007, 06:03 AM
Bowel Issues

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Other than a few advils here and there, I am not on any other pain meds. I am waiting for the next BM to see what happens as some of my movements appear to be normal. I guess because it doesn't happen all the time, I didn't think it could be something as serious as blood in the digestive track. Anyway, if I end up seeking medical advice, I will post what the doctor has to say. Thanks again, you sisters are fantastick!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register