Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Unread 02-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2007, 09:47 PM

Five weeks post op. Everything seems to progress slowly. My belly is fine. Almost painfree in the morning, and pulling a bit in the evening. Will go see my Dr next week for a check up.
Hope everyone is doing fine too!
Unread 02-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Thrill to be done !

Well I am just 24 hours post op . If I had only knew I would feel this much better I would have done this years ago . I do have some pain mainly gas . But nothing compared to what I have dealt with before . This is a cake walk compared to what I have dealt with for all those years . I now wonder why did I wait so long ??? Now I can`t wait to get the rest of the way back to myself . Well it is about that time for me . :timeup: Take care sister`s and I hope you all have a good and quick recovery !!! Good Luck and God Bless You All . Thank You for ALL Your Help in Keeping what little bit of Sanity I had . You all are truly God`s Angel`s !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2007, 08:17 AM

First of all thanks to all of the wonderful women here who have sent such words of encouragement and shown me so much support the past 6 weeks!

My surgery(LAVH) was Monday morning Feb 19th at 9:30 am and believe it or not I was home by 7:00 pm that same night against my better judgement. I had unforseen circumstances at home(My mother has parkinson's disease) and my father had left her in the care of my grandfather who cannot manage her very well and I knew dad needed to pick her up and bring her home to care for her so I made the decision to come home.

Let me just say this(and please remember everyone is different), that I was in the most excruciating pain I have ever been in my life the first 24 hours or so. However I have never had a baby either, BUT Nothing(including the pain pump machine) would relieve it. They never told me there was a 6 minute delay in between pressing the button either...they told me to press it as much as I needed it...well it locked me out...my nurse said I had pressed the button 222 times! LOL..

In fact that afternoon I was so worked up over the pain the gave me 2 valium and 2 percocet along with the pump. I do not tolerate pain very well, but remember we are all different. I had no idea I had been locked out from the pain pump so I laid there over an hour thinking I was getting pain medication in me and got NOTHING! No nurse even bothered to check.

My dad said I was not very nice to the nurses(Do not remember much of anything I said to anybody), but I also remember them not understanding how much pain I was truly in... was throwing up before I went home also. Ok...so I am ok now...if you can honestly get through that first 24 hours your going to be fine...and not everyone has that much pain....like I said we are all different! They sent me home with Mepergan (Demerol/Phenergan) so I am not on percocet or anything like that. The first night I was peeing every 15 minutes...I could barely get out of bed until I had to pee again! That was such a bad feeling! I still have not had a BM..have taken 2 stool softeners. last night was much better. I only had 2 pain pills yesterday and they were spread out at 12 hours each...been taking motrin also!

Ladies, if I can do this anybody can...The waiting is the worst part....and the first 24 hours for me were not a picnic at all! But 48 hours later here I am online writing this to you! I would not go back and change it for the world! I see my DR Friday because he had to put a stitch in one of my incisions that was oozing, but I think the stitch has busted out already...I don't see one at all. I have 3 incisions on my belly from the LAVH. I am very swelled which is to be expected...hoping that a BM will help with that some. I did have some gas pains from the anesthesia in my neck and shoulders...still do, but GAS X has worked wonders! After surgery I never had too much of a problem peeing...they even had a squirt bottle in the bathroom to squirt down there to help the pee start flowing! LOL!

Just remember you will be fine! I will update more later....kind of getting tired right now.

Love to all!
Unread 02-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Learned about this site from my nightshift nurse!

I had my LSH with removal of tubes and ovaries, too on Monday afternoon (19th). I came home Tuesday afternoon. I had the morphine pump for about 18 hours post surgery and now I'm on vicodin. Part of me is glad to be home, but part of me could have used one more night in the hospital, I think. Last night was painful and disorienting.

I don't want to be a complainer, though because I'm so glad to be through this. I'm a little worried after reading a thread about bleeding from the cervix 6 weeks post op. I didn't realize this was a possibility. I wish I had found this site when I was still pre-op!
Unread 02-21-2007, 09:09 AM

So glad you are home Whit. I am sorry about the pain but glad that it is better now. Glad to have you on the other side with me!! I have really enjoyed our new friendship this last few weeks. Take care of you!! Talk to you soon....whenever you are up to it. Hugs to you !!
Unread 02-21-2007, 11:03 AM

You too Lisa!!! You have been my constant rock through all of this!!!!! I will email you back soon!
Unread 02-22-2007, 09:00 AM
I am home but very sore

Hi
I am home I begged and begged and they finally gave in.I was so desperate to be back with my little ones.They let me out at lunchtime and now am back I am not sure its the best idea but its lovely to be home.It all went Ok though Monday and Tuesday were a bit foggy to say the least and I feel very delicate and sore.I lost the catheter last night and have to really concentrate to pass urine which is tricky.
Its a huge relief that its all over my consultant seems happy that the path results will be as predicted and I wont need further treatment.So its finger crossed and off to my own bed for me.
Thanks for your support pre op.
Love Claire
TAH+BSO for stage 1a cervical cancer
Unread 02-22-2007, 11:12 AM

Well, i had my surgery 8am on Monday morning and was released Tues afternoon at 12pm. I could have gone home Mon night had I not had MAJOR issues. It was a never ending battle with the pain/nausea/vomiting. It was a no win situation with whatever med they gave me. Got over that, finally peed around 10pm Monday night, but started running a temp.

Tues morning, things were soooo much better! I had slept after some compazine and toradol iv. Didnt have any pain pills by mouth before i left but I told them i thought i was able to tolerate them when needed and thank goodness, i have been.

No BM yet though. I've taken some colace and no such luck. Today is really the first day i've any type of an appetite. Has been very little the past few days. Had to take some phenergan last night due to nausea but that seems to have resolved.

Having very little discharge, a light pink. And i can wear a liner. I was dreading having alot of discharge and wearing a thick pad.

I had a vaginal hysterectomy. Things went well she said and was definitely the endometriosis causing my problems she said. I will find out more info when I go to see her post op in March.

Can't wait until I am back on my feet full time. I am hoping to return to work on the 5th of March. *Crossing fingers*

Thanks to you all for all the great advice/support. It has truly been amazing!
Unread 02-22-2007, 03:00 PM

I had my LSH yesterday morning, and just arrived home about a half hour ago...(it's almost 2 on Thursday)....All went well with the surgery...the Dr now says that I had adeno on top of the adhesions and enlarged uterus...I also had a monster of a cyst on the right ovary which was removed...I kept my cervix and my left ovary (it's been well behaved, so we let it stay! lol)

I'm surprised at how well I feel....the nurses were joking that I didn't need to stay the night, but I'm soo glad I did...I think I did too much right at first though cuz today I'm pretty sore...but I can already tell that I'm going to feel better after the initial surgery pain fades....And one wonderful gift....NO GAS PAIN!!! I've had a few gas bubbles but they have all exited in a timely fashion....this makes me very happy! Now, I need to go...I'm falling asleep on myself!
s
Janice

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register