Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Unread 03-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Thanks to all you beautiful women who posted your experiences. I crossed over on the 19th and beleive me i have had 4 children and the pain that experienced on the 20th is the worst ever. I was fully allert at about 7:30pm on the 20th and again i have never experienced pain like i did. I was walking to the bathroom that night and around the hospital floor on the 21st and discharged on hte 22nd. The pain from Wednesday on was bearable and has gotten better everyday since.

The only thing that am finding hard to deal with is to stay in bed and the discharge, anyone knows how long this last?

Anyone having back pain?

I thank God for all of you and your advices will continue to read and definitely will recomment this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Remember

Hey Shell, I can relate especially when it came to your hospital roomate,except this time it was laughing, not total silence. My movement was well deposited. Hope your doing well. Will talk again soon Jo.
Unread 03-04-2007, 06:00 PM

Tonee...I've been having back pain too...I think it's from all the sitting, and also the fact that my back is doing all the work since my poor tummy is not pulling it's weight! The heating pad seems to help a lot...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2007, 06:29 PM

My back is killing me, from the shoulders to the hips!! I was thinking it's from laying on my back so much and now when I walk I can't stand up straight and that is probably messing it up too. The motrin is really the only thing that is helping. That and begging the DH to rub it!!

As far as bleeding. My grandma had me prepared for 2 weeks of heavy bleeding and I only had very light bleeding for 5 days.

Keri
Unread 03-04-2007, 07:09 PM

for the back pain I just read somewhere to use fetal position when laying down. That's the best position for taking strain off the back.
also, if you are going to be sitting up in bed reading or watching TV make sure to role a towel for under your knees, do NOT leave your legs straight. That will relieve some of the strain on the lower back.
HTH!
Unread 03-04-2007, 07:12 PM

I had TVH kept both tubes and ovaries. I has the lower back pain too. I have had some discharge and no bleeding since day 3 of surgery. Trying to get out and about a bit more. Is there something or someone that can tell me what is safe to do when? ie. housework, exercise ect. My DH is going back to work tomorrow and there are things that are going to need to be done. I'm just grateful that he isnt going out on deployment soon. I just dont want to be a bigger pain in the *** than I have already been. Any info is greatly appreciated. Hope everyone starts to feel better soon.
Unread 03-04-2007, 07:32 PM

DD41...look at the tabs at the top of the page....click on checkpoints...it will tell you what is ok and what is a no-no at each stage of recovery! It's very helpful...especially if you need to show it to family members so they will support you in your recovery...and remind you when you try to do too much!
Blessings,
Janice
Unread 03-04-2007, 08:06 PM

Thanks a bunch Shalom, I'm still gettin used to this site
Unread 03-04-2007, 08:32 PM

I'm doing fine lately, but having a problem with the not overdoing it part. The doc said 1-3 week recovery with lsh, but after almost 2 weeks I can tell you that while I'm back to work (part time), I'm not back to life at full-speed just yet. I spend a lot of my time resting, still. I thought I was this super-tough girl with a high tolerance for pain, but this surgery has kinda kicked my fanny. Anyway, I love my job and it lifts my spirits, so I'm resting tonight and looking forward to tomorrow. Okay, it's bedtime for me.
Unread 03-05-2007, 04:53 AM

1 week post op! I feel a lot better than I thought I would. I am fighting the urge to go to my desk job for a few hours a day. I had a TAH BSO. The recovery is very much like my 2 previous C-sections. The biggest difference, I believe, is I am 20 years older and my Mom isn't here to stay and help me out. I am avoiding lifting and bending as that would cause discomfort for sure. I do tire more easily, of course. Thank you to all of you ladies for all the support. Take each day slowly, and enjoy your recovery and your new life! Maureen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register