Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Unread 03-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

I had TAH/BSO on 2/27 and came home on Thurs. I've been getting around pretty good, but Sat the gas and constipation caught up with me to make the worst day. Since then I have stopped almost all pain meds. I finally had to resort to mag. citrate for relief from constipation and gas. Yesterday was better, but at times it is difficult without pain meds. What an incredible woman you are to come home so early from such a major surgery!! Great job!!! I need to go rest. Good Luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2007, 11:57 AM

everyone thinks im weird when i say my lower back and shoulders/neck are really the sorest parts of me until i explain how they tip you up for the surgery and the fact im not doing much so its seizing up!

im feeling far better than last week and apart from the emotional side of no more babies for this 28yr old i would recommend having a tvh or tah as its probably the best thing i ever did for myself!!! far better than a short crop of hair dyed purple as a teenager!hahaha

glad to hear of your progress guys and keep it up!
Unread 03-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Back Pain

Tonee - I have had back pain but since I have been up and walking more it has been better. I had my TAH on the 21st and a slight setback (bladder infection) but now feel like I am back on track. Try to get outside and soak up some of the beneficial rays from the sun - it definitely helps the mental recovery anyway.

Good Luck - Dianne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2007, 12:08 PM

Modified radical hysterectomy (both ovaries kept in tact) on 2/22/07. Still having bad constipation and a little stomach soreness, very tired (probably from anemia/lack of iron) but I am trying to get better. Every day seems to get a little better. It's a major mental battle for me right now honestly. Since I had this procedure done at age 29 and I don't have any kids, this whole thing is just weighing very heavily on my mind and heart right now. Plus, all of this extra time off work doesn't help. It's so true what they say about a devil's workshop and free time. I will have to get out more this week to try and get my mind off things.
But overall, i'm doing pretty fair.

I hope all is well with everyone.
Unread 03-05-2007, 02:32 PM

I wanted to suggest that there is some support right now on the "from the heart" forum. There is a couple chats going on right now in "Aching hearts" One for women without and one with children. It felt pretty good to let it out.
Keri
Unread 03-05-2007, 07:13 PM

hi everyone, 12 days post-op, and having the most trouble with "poops"! OH Shalom, yes I did have a tuck at the same time, and still wearing my lovely binder! The itching along my hip to hip incision is driving me nuts, still no bath for me either Staples (all 50 of 'em) came out last wednesday, what a relief!! I'm finding the best way to have a daily movement is eat at least 2 apples and tons of water/tea a day. I've been out almost every day, doing something or other, with 3 kids, not much choice! Take it easy as much as I can, no work till april 12, YAY. Off most of the narcs now too, just 1-2x a day with a motrin or two in between. Most of the pain seems to be like a "pulling" feeling in the abdomen. Thank goodness, I've been spared the back pain! Take care my sisters, anyone else know anything about the july meeting in San Francisco? I heard it briefly mentioned in Dec, but not sure what's going on?
Unread 03-05-2007, 07:54 PM

Well, its 12 days post op, last 3 I have gone outside, and played frisbie with my 2 larger dogs. One at a time, they are really good about not jumping up and knocking me over. Been teaching my pup to fetch the frisbie, and bring it to me and not play tug of war. He has been doing really good. Gives all 3 of us good excercise. Since it does not hurt to bend over, and they allow me to control my movements. So far has been good. Been out to dinner a few times, and have even drove once just to make sure I could for Dr. apt. I no longer can sleep day or night. Figure I have RBS (Restless Body Syndrone). Pain med only at night for last 2 nites, hip hurting real bad, can relate to the post of a pretzel. Exactly like I felt, the first time I tried to walk after surgery. Still problems with BM and bladder, 1 day left of antibiodicts and go to dr on thur.
Feel okay most of the time, but now and then I feel disoriented, not sure why. Still have discharge, but only bleeding when using creme Dr. rx'd. Occurs within a 3-4 hours after use. I think it just might be to much hormones. Could be why I cant sleep.
Take care sisters!
Unread 03-05-2007, 09:52 PM

Hey Cardiff...I've had 4 c-sections, and this is nothing like that!! I had a LSH...so I didn't have the huge incision like with a section...but the internal pain is much more! With a section all they do is take out baby(which is supposed to come out) and close you up....With the hyst, they take out stuff that's not supposed to come out... I've had a lot more internal soreness, and a much harder time sitting for long periods than I did with my c-sections....so working your desk job may be a bit more taxing than it would have been had you only had a section...I do hope that whatever you decide to do, it works out for you and you keep healing well..
Blessings,
Janice
Unread 03-05-2007, 09:55 PM

s Freswench, Try having a salad every day to help make things "move smoother" if you know what I mean! It's done wonders for me!
Unread 03-06-2007, 03:50 AM

Morning ladies. I feel reasonably well today except I am very tired today. Still taking a 10mg Elavil which helps me sleep at night but I do feel rather zombified in the mornings but it's worth it.
Have noticed that in the evenings now - around bedtime - the incision seems to pull and sting a lot , probably because it's the end of the day. Funny, the pulling and stinging is worse than last week. Had a look at incision this morning, looks pretty good though, even if I do have to pull up my 'shelf' to be able to see!
Am doing the drinking lots, walking, stuff, probably not resting enough though. But it's still so much better to be on this side of the op!
Louise

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register