Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Unread 03-06-2007, 05:30 AM
Infection

Hi everyone how are u doing?
Had to go to the Drs today some sort of infection cannot stop going for a wee.Back on another course of antibiotics.Drs had report back from the hospital saying that I just had repairs no mention of Hysterectomy!!!
cannot believe it, Dr must think Im loopy.He has aked the hospital to get back to him.Will not know till Friday what is going on.Curling up with hot waterbottle now DH has gone to do some shopping.(not much of a holiday for him)goes back to work next week.
Take care
Dianne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2007, 09:12 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Hello Sisters, I am back to work today. Had TVH/BSO on 2/19 and I am feeling wonderful! I have only been off work for 2 weeks, but it is still weird getting back into the groove. Hope you all are doing well!
Unread 03-06-2007, 09:43 AM
11 days out

i think i am really going to like this site. i had my ovaries and uterus removed feb 23rd. i am getting around a little better now but i still feel like crap.the gas is the worst part. i feel bruised at the bottom of my rib cage...not sure if this is coz of gas or what. i have had no bleeding at all and i am a little concerned about this. the nurse told me after surgery i would bleed for about 2 weeks....still not a drop. i feel really bloated and alot of pulling.i have three incisions...the one in the belly button looks pretty good but the other two look thick and feel hard. the nite sweats have gotten horrible. i go for my follow up on thursday and the dr said that after two weeks i should be able to go back to work. i can't imagine working 12 hour days feeling like this. i will talk to him about it thursday.good luck to you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2007, 02:42 PM

I had a tah/bso on 2/27, came home from hosp. on Thurs. Saturday was my worst day. The pain med made me sick and I had such bad cramps and gas, I finally got relief in the form of mag. citrate for constipation, which helped everything. Yesterday was good, but today has been the best day yet. I have been out to store (just walking) and some fresh air has helped. As far as night sweats and hot flashes, I haven't had any--I woke up from surgery with a hormone patch on and it is working great!! I haven't had any bleeding at all--even immediately post op. I feel good for a change. Hang in there!!! I'm sure there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Good Luck!!
Unread 03-06-2007, 03:07 PM

im feeling tired againa after my last few days of feeling great, trying to take it slowly and only driving to school once as i have managed to get another mum to car pool till im better. im not taking any of the drugs i have left though as the pain is about as bad as it was each auntie flo visit so im just toughing through it. i dont like taking stuff on a good day!
Unread 03-06-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingalong41
i think i am really going to like this site. i had my ovaries and uterus removed feb 23rd. i am getting around a little better now but i still feel like crap.the gas is the worst part. i feel bruised at the bottom of my rib cage...not sure if this is coz of gas or what. i have had no bleeding at all and i am a little concerned about this. the nurse told me after surgery i would bleed for about 2 weeks....still not a drop. i feel really bloated and alot of pulling.i have three incisions...the one in the belly button looks pretty good but the other two look thick and feel hard. the nite sweats have gotten horrible. i go for my follow up on thursday and the dr said that after two weeks i should be able to go back to work. i can't imagine working 12 hour days feeling like this. i will talk to him about it thursday.good luck to you all
I have the bruised rib feeling and no blood either if that makes you feel any better must be at least sort of normal.
Unread 03-06-2007, 04:40 PM

thanks for the reply. i don't feel so bad now!
Unread 03-06-2007, 04:42 PM

thanks spiky chic
Unread 03-07-2007, 02:33 PM

wow, I am a little overwhelmed reading all the posts. Surgery was 2weeks ago today and this is the FIRST day I feel.....normal! My story...Had a TAH with endo & enormous amount of scar tissue which caused an ilias(blockage(paralized) in my colon) post-op. Nothing would pass and I was very sick/severe cramping/fever! Had to end up staying in the hospital for 5 days total! One I got home, it was really rough and I was getting alittle worried why I did this! All I could do is cry!Today is much better I think my body was/is going through SO many changes and I am on the hormone patch too. Just needed to talk to someone who understands. Everyone is so quick to give me their advice and they just dont know.........thanks for listening!
Unread 03-07-2007, 03:04 PM
SAH on 2/22

Was looking for posts form te same surgery date - found none since 2/21. Am I the first one? Wow!

Today has been the best day so far - more energy, managed to take a shower, get dressed, get on line, watched a movie, read some - and no nap.

Boyfriend will be homw i a few minutes, so I want to impress him wiht my progress.

I had trouble with consitpation - it hurt more than the incision. I did everything to clear it up short of exercise - ate pruntes and dried apricots, fiber rich cereal, drank a lot, ate Dulcolax like candy - still trouble. Ended up with so much pain that I used a suppository - it worked immediately but hurt tons However, the next morning (today) I am great! Conitnue to eat my anticonstipation treats (dried fruits, lots of liquids, dulcolax)

Actully, the best decicison was to stop taking pin meds after 1 week. I took minute doses - from 6 to 3 doses in 24 hours. I feel that was the cause of such awful consitpation.

Am doing fine - little pulling or dull aching sensation with some movements, no real pain any more!!!
Actually the worst post-op pain (and it was BAD) was not the incisoin at all but what appeared to be a pulled groin muscle. Nurses said it was not uncommon - due to use of retractors during surgery. WHen cath was removed on day 2 I had a horrible time voiding, could not go at all, had a lot of pain, begged for the cat back, and once the nurse did it and drianed my bladder, she said, "no wonder you hurt os much!" - pressure from full bleadder. The enxt day cath was out and I idd much better.

Somewhat surprised at how litle pain at the incisiona site, more pian wiht gas or full bladder or that darn constipation.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register