Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Unread 03-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Ah sex, yes I was just wondering how long it will be before I can try it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2007, 03:51 PM

Dear Kerbear,

Sorry your incision is irritated, have you tried to use a little peroxide on a cotton ball on that area. I have done that since day 3 when my clear bandage was removed. I also applied a little antibiotic cream to the area to speed healing. A few years back I had a similar problem with an incision and my dr. gave me 3 days of antibiotics. It was really not serious. Try not to worry, you have enough to take care of. Remember, the most important thing is your health---I have tried to take care of things I thought no one else could do and I have finally realized they will get done---Keep a positive attitude and every thing will be fine!!!! Take Care!!
Unread 03-11-2007, 04:42 PM

There has to be a common denominator with this left-sided incision pain - or off to the left of the incision. There are many posts in this thread that specifically state left-sided pain - anyone have the real answer to this mystery? My belly looks like there is a little lump in the area that hurts the most - it is very sensitive to even the lightest touch - making my belly look a little lop-sided, as if it doesn't look bad enough already!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2007, 05:11 PM

Hi Kerbear1109!

Last week before my 2 week checkup I had a little bit of clear weepage and spotting from one side of my incision. I called the doctor and once I described it, they said it was part of the normal healing process. Boy, was I relieved! It made me feel really good to know it was nothing serious and I could wait until the next day to get checked out. I too have that fear in the back of my mind that the incision is just going to reopen. It's amazing to know that just a bit over 2 weeks ago, the incision WAS open and now its closed.

Going back to the incision pain, you shouldn't base your situation on my experience. Make a quick call to the doctor's office tomorrow morning, even if it's the day before a scheduled appointment it can put your mind at ease. If your situation is something that needs attention, maybe they can get you into the office a day earlier so they can handle it for you.

Hoping all goes well with your checkup!
Unread 03-11-2007, 06:12 PM

well i was able to sit thru an entire movie at the theater last niteand i was pain free when i got up. that is the first time in 10 years i have had no back pain after sitting for two hours.i am still really tried a lot and i feel like i weigh 300lbs.my left side is really giving me fits as far as pain especially when i sneeze or cough or try to stretch out after sleeping. bout went into orbit this morning when i woke up and stretched...i thought for sure i had torn something. i have also started seeing sutures in the tpilet bowl and something else that looks like pieces of skin. i still have had no bleeding at all.....hope that is ok...i forgot to ask the dr. hope all are well-take care
Unread 03-11-2007, 06:37 PM

Just a "thank you" to all the sisters who show so much loving care to eachother. You are such a blessing to those who write in with concerns or questions as well as those who just read and learn.
My best wishes for speedy healing!
Unread 03-11-2007, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmds
Ah sex, yes I was just wondering how long it will be before I can try it out.
Well at least I'm not the only one thinkin about this. I know that the vaginal part is a no no until the 6 week checkup and the oral thing is a no no too because of the whole germ thing but I'm 3 weesk post op and was hopeing for a little something. At least I know my LIBIDO is still workin LOL.

Debbie
Unread 03-11-2007, 09:05 PM

Hi Sisters!
I am almost 3 weeks post op, I feel good one minute and horrible the next..still have a long way to go. I am so glad for this site, with all the hints from those who have gone before us! I had my godson's confirmation on Saturday and I was his sponsor, thank goodness for the ideas of elastic tight undies! They held me together so it didn't hurt so much when I walked. We were out for about 4 hours and I was soooo ready for a nap when we got home, but I made it through. This morning I woke up with horrible pain in my left side front and back. I didn't think that I overdid it yesterday, but I guess I did! I am glad to read that others are having the same pain.......it's nice to know you are not alone! I too had problems with my incision bleeding and oozing. Seems much better now, but so weird to have the right side almost healed up and the left side still looking oooky!
Thanks sisters! I enjoy reading everyone posts and keeping up with all the recoveries, tho I don't post much, know I am thinking of you all and wishing happy healing!
Wendy
TAH 2/21/07
Unread 03-12-2007, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovegrrl
Hi Sisters!
I am almost 3 weeks post op, I feel good one minute and horrible the next..still have a long way to go. I am so glad for this site, with all the hints from those who have gone before us! I had my godson's confirmation on Saturday and I was his sponsor, thank goodness for the ideas of elastic tight undies! They held me together so it didn't hurt so much when I walked. We were out for about 4 hours and I was soooo ready for a nap when we got home, but I made it through. This morning I woke up with horrible pain in my left side front and back. I didn't think that I overdid it yesterday, but I guess I did! I am glad to read that others are having the same pain.......it's nice to know you are not alone! I too had problems with my incision bleeding and oozing. Seems much better now, but so weird to have the right side almost healed up and the left side still looking oooky!
Thanks sisters! I enjoy reading everyone posts and keeping up with all the recoveries, tho I don't post much, know I am thinking of you all and wishing happy healing! Wendy
TAH 2/21/07

Wendy - I can so relate to feeling like you are raring to go one minute and then all of a sudden you are completely down for the count. Yesterday I went out with some friends in the afternoon, little bit of walking at a jewelry show we went to, then to someone's house where all I did was sit and make jewelry. In the evening after getting home, I felt so horrible and hurting and discouraged I wanted to bawl (and did a little actually)! At this point I cannot imagine going back to work in three more weeks and that just scares me. This surgery has taken much more out of me than I imagined (and I'm not talking just body parts). I find it difficult to concentrate, make a decision, completing simple tasks sometimes feels monumental. What is up with this and is anyone else feeling this way....or is it just my psychotic little self??!! And like you, my belly discomfort seems to be all on the left and my back is always aching. The biggest comfort is there are others out there feeling the same aches and pains so they must be part of the normal healing process....I hope. Good luck and steady recoveries to all the sisters!!
Unread 03-12-2007, 12:31 PM

Hi Grove and Cin,

I am so so so on board with what you both are saying. I am trying to pace my days. If I do a lot of activity on one day (like yesterday I walked around at an Irish Faire, and then went to socialize with friends), I try and rest all of the next day (today all I have planned is a short trip to Walmart, and then nap till I need to go visit a friend for dinner). Tomorrow, I will take it easy too.

Just give yourself time, pace yourself, "Take Care of the Princess." This is your "Medical Vacation." Naps are your best friend. I am savoring these weeks of being "responsibility free." The real world is icky, and I am SOOOOOOO not ready to go back to work.

You deserve to heal in comfort. You are worth taking a few weeks out of your life to focus on yourself, and making yourself healthy. You only get this chance to make sure you can heal the right way, make yourself the priority. Once you are healed you can be there for everyone. Do as little as possible.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register