Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Unread 03-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Wow, it's like reading my own life here. Yesterday the weather was so beautiful that I decided to join my DH and little ones on the trail behind our house. We all took our time and I was only walking very slowly for about an hour, stopping frequently for our 3 year old to look at every snail, leaf, rock, etc. When I got home I hurt all over; the left side and my back worst of all. I was ready to throw in the towel; we usually walk the whole trail. My 9 month old has an ear infection (again) and wants me to hold her endlessly but it just hurts my back so much that I simply can't do it and I feel awful about it.
I have a giant "ace-bandage" of sorts for abdominal surgery; it helps to wear that wrapped tightly but still...
Looking forward to my 3-week visit on Wednesday although I'll probably get fussed at for carrying around 18 pounds.
A dear friend is getting married at the end of the month in our home town, New Orleans. Although I' would love to attend I'm afraid to commit since I don't know how this on again off again discomfort and fatigue will continue. Just the thought of flying that far with all the kids makes me feel tired!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2007, 01:23 PM

Yes, I just got back from walking the dog....ever so slowly....around the block. He walks much faster than I do at this point! Between that and doing a little laundry, I feel done in for the day and the heating pad on my back is sounding like a fine idea. This constant back and forth in how I feel is in itself very frustrating. Even though I may want to do more my body is not cooperating at all. Off to the couch for a while I go, in the hopes I may get a second wind....or not.
Unread 03-12-2007, 02:52 PM

Oh wow does it feel good to read the latest posts.. not that I'm happy that any of you are in pain.. just feeling like I'm probably okay.. Tomorrow will be three weeks post op for TAH with SBO. I was feeling pretty good and since I have been allowed to operate a car (God help me) yesterday, I decided to take a spin. The weather was beautiful so I drove down to a local beach and took a very slow walk by myself. It was incredible.. it was exhilerating.. BUT..
TODAY.. Oh holy heck.. my right side is burning and hurting with every movement.. I thought maybe I injured myself but after reading about the back and forth progress, I feel RELIEVED.. and of course taking this new HRT has been a little scary too.. okay, off to lay down.. lol. Thank you for all being here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2007, 03:16 PM

Well ladies, it sounds like we are all in the same place. I have discovered after an overactive Saturday, that it causes me alot of pain. I'm going to take things easy and try to pace myself too. I still have quite a bit of back pain and the left side of my incision feels as like it is pulling. I guess we can all take a leisurely stroll down recovery road. Best Wishes!!
Unread 03-12-2007, 04:13 PM

Thanks for the reassurance once again from everyone! I can't wait to see the doctor tomorrow. I just want him to say the magic words "you're fine". I have to follow up my gyn appointment tomorrow with a neuro appt. So, busy for me!!

And as far as pain on the left side.....that's where mine started too! I talked to the nurse who removed my staples about it when in started. She told me it was the muscles and nerves healing. That is was a "good" pain! I just did one of those laughing cries!! Gotta love the "good" pain! My right side just started hurting, but not nearly as bad as the left!

Thank you again to everyone!!
Keri
Unread 03-12-2007, 04:41 PM

Hi all... I was done 2/20/07 so im about 3 weeks out feels pretty good ..the first week home was hard I wanted to be able to do things and go places Ha Ha...but now Im moving around good Im on a patch for hormones and I'm having a lot more even days... alot less crying no more hot flashes or night sweats so far ... My hubby is keeping a running tally on my moods for the doctor so far so good ..If i over due I get pain but if I'm extra careful things are ok The icthing and the strecthy pain kinda like a stitch in my side is what i keep getting....Any one else have any spotting or bleeding I didnt have it for the first week and now Its been here for 2 weeks its never more than a pad an hour so Im not to be comserned but I dont like it ..
Unread 03-12-2007, 05:27 PM

Hi Daisy1967, I was seeing some blood back at the castle only in the bathroom and not on the pads; then nothing at all. Now, for about a week I've been having a clear or slightly brown-tinged discharge, thin, water-like consistency. It began around the same time as the left side pain. I really thought I broke something internally! I left a message for my Dr. and 2 hours later I got a call from the pharmacy that my vicodin was ready for pick up. Guess she thought I was more concerned about my left side. I still had some "leftovers" from the other prescription; what I'd really like is to stop "leaking". Guess I'll bring it up on Wed.
Anybody know what to expect from a post-op visit?
Unread 03-12-2007, 08:06 PM

What is everyone doing for tummy support? I feel like I want to wear a girdle- not for vanity reasons but for support. someone said something about elastic undies...where do you get those???
Unread 03-12-2007, 08:14 PM

Thanks for sharing. The web site has been great. It is so nice to know some of the things I am experiencing seem to be very common. I also have a very light brown tinged discharge. Something tells me this is just part of the normal healing process along with some of the discomfort. Happy Healing!!!
Unread 03-12-2007, 08:37 PM

I haven't tried a girdle, but the Body by Victoria hiphuggers seem to work well for me. They are just snug enough to not be uncomfortable. You might just want to try a couple different ones. Happy Shopping!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register