Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 - Page 22 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Unread 03-15-2007, 08:48 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

3 weeks post-op!!!
Had a fabulous day yesterday - energy, little pain, went to get a haircut and out to lunch (my 20 y.o. son - on spring break - drove me). I am still a little scared of drivingl Plus it was 65F - spring! Sunny, warm, fabulous. Although walking through the small mall to get ot my hairdresser's was a little tiresome, I walked very slowly, rested a few times. Then during lunch at the restaurant, I felt sleepy and woozy - had to lean against the wall, rested a bit, then got better. Came home and slept from 3 to 5 pm. Great!

Today I have a little more aching in the lower belly, incision pulling, a bit heavy and uncomforable, not relaly painful. Thank god for the FMLA - I plan to rest more today. The coming weekend is a bit busy: dinner out tojorrwo (my stepdad's 75th b-day), then on Sat - movie at10:00 (a special preview of "The Last Mimsy" - my boyfriend, membger of MENSA, got free tickets. Then at 5 we have some firneds over, playing board gaems - part fo a social group we belong to. I had schedueld it thigking that by 3 weeks post-op I'd be just fine... we'll see. Need to rest/sleep a lot, and to keep emptying my bladder and bowels ASAP - otherwise it begins to hurt.

ANd today we are back to rain, possible snow alter on, weekedn - in low 30s (I live in upstate NY and hate it!!

SO glad got to get out yesterday. ANd by the tiem I have to go back to work it will be April!
Best wishes to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2007, 11:58 AM
I made it!!

Well ladies I would love to send you all some happy, everything went fine and now I am home from the castle, but that is not the case. I was scheduled for 12:30 on 2-22. I wasnt nervous, anxious, scared or fearful. I went to the castle, remember meeting with all doctors involved and being rolled in the O.R. I was going in for a tvh with possible removal of ovaries.

Well nothing went right. I was awaken on Friday in ICU with tubes down my throat and nose. An IV in both hands and a shunt in my neck. I was told by the doctor that they had a very difficult time and it was touch and go for a while. The doctor told me that they had to go in abdominially and take my left ovary as well, but in the process I had lost almost all my blood and they had to give me 8 units of blood. They gave me every kind of fluid to keep me alive. I am truly blessed to be here, because I had no idea that this had even happened. Like I said I went in to the O R, Thursday, and when I was awaken on Friday I thought it was 2 hours later, not a day later. I was just released today on Monday with the amazement of my recovery from all the doctors and nurses that cared for me. I was blessed to have had the prayers that went forth by you all here and my family who had experienced the uncertainty of my outcome. All I can say is I am here and God is good. My doctors werent bad either.

Right now I am 3 weeks out, and I am feeling pretty good. I had got clearance to start doing things slowly from Dr. I had my first outing last week at Target used the motor cart to get around. And I went to Whole Foods just the other day. Walking the store was just a bit much for now, but I did it. I came home and rested. I have to remember that I had a major ordeal on top of a major surgery, so getting back to normal may take a little longer.

I will keep you posted on the rest of my recovery. Praying for a better outcome for all others who have yet to cross the this side.
Unread 03-15-2007, 12:15 PM

Oh my... I am so sorry for the dreadful time you had in hospital. It must have been so scary for you. I am however very glad you are doing so well now. Prayers were answered for a lot of people I'm sure. Carry on recuperating, and remember, PAMPER THE PRINCESS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2007, 02:48 PM

Hi Lady's,
Well 3 weeks sure went by fast. Im feeling pretty darn good. Still tired and having period like cramps still my BM's are still a struggle. I have one every two days and It still hurts to go. My bladder works good just takes a bit to get it going and to get it all out My vaginal cuff infection seems to be healed I have only a little discharge. Waiting to see some stitches my Dr said mine are white and i mite not even see them. Im waiting for my 4 week appt to see how things are healing.. Hubby is being very kind and I think i want IT... more than him. We are being good and just a little fooling around glad to know it all works down there..as I got wet and had a O just from a little foreplay. I cant wait until I get back to myself and truley see how I feel. No more periods cramps bleeding pain with sex... pain with everything....
One day at a time....
Unread 03-15-2007, 05:34 PM

Yeah, I can't wait for the time I can have sex, and experience, no pain, no bleeding, and saying ok stop can't go on . Foreplay is great, but like the warning earlier given, make sure you have the ability to stop when needed.
good good advice. Never thought of it when I first mentioned it, I trust by hubbie and myself. Did not think about the lack of control, when hormones hit. I remember back when I was alot younger> Hope all the princess's are being pampered! :
Unread 03-16-2007, 07:29 AM

Sorry to hear about your experience, but glad you are doing do much better. There were angels watching over you!! Hope your recovery continues well!! I am about 2 1/2 weeks post TAV/BSO and doing pretty well, I just make short trips and when I start hurting or get tired, I stop for the day. Best Wishes.
Unread 03-16-2007, 07:51 AM

Hey Misssunshine,

Where you from in San Diego? I use to live in UCSD area off La Jolla Blvd. and also in Tierransanta. Relocated up north to Camarillo in 2000 and then back to NY (Long Island) my home state in 2005. Just call me the wandering fool. San Diego is my favorite place but overcrowdedness really got on my nerves. 805 and 5 freeway were always packed regardless of what time you were traveling during the day. Which hospital did you have your surgery? I had a uterine fibroid embolization (UFE) in 1999 at UCSD Medical Center and loved the facility. Happy to hear you are mending well and able to get around. I had supracervical abdominal hysto two days before you in NY and kept ovaries and cervix. Feeling incredibly well and made my first trip to the gym on Wednesday. Walked 1 mile on the treadmill at a low speed and did an upper body workout with low weights (5 lbs). Best wishes and stay strong, Debra

P.S. I just love Whole Foods supermarket. Hoping they'll open a store in my neck of the woods. We do have a Trade Joes. Hip, hip, hooray!
Unread 03-17-2007, 02:44 PM

Hi everyone,
So sorry to hear about missunshine's experience, how frightening that must have been for you. I too lost quite a bit of blood but nothing like what happened to you. Hope you are feeling better.
I had my 3 week visit; Dr. said incisions look good and everything that I am experiencing is right on time as far as the healing process goes. Must go back in another 3 week for an exam and get cleared for "relations" she said with a wink. DH is being patient but 6 weeks seems like such a long time! Feeling much better, went to watch my children to their thing today at the St. Pat's parade. Walked for a very long time and now I'm having lots of pink discharge. Does this mean I've overdone it a bit?
Unread 03-18-2007, 03:52 PM

I'm starting my 4th week after TAHBSO surgery Feb. 22. I have mixed feelings - both physical and emotional. My 6" incision is still numb and looks like a ridge. Below that, my pubic area is tender and flaky. Yes, it looks like I need Head & Shoulders! I get full quickly when I eat and it all settles like a rock in my lower abdomen. I keep wondering what sex will be like when I get the ok. (My boyfriend is large and I'm scared.) I can't have HRT because of endometriosis and family history of breast cancer. What's this about testosterone replacement? So, I'm unpacking my summer t-shirts for the hot flashes and hoping this will all be a memory someday soon! Take care of yourselves.
Unread 03-18-2007, 04:53 PM

Hi Nightie,

I had my SAH two days before you and my incision is still numb. Doc said this may change with time or I may not get feeling back in that area from severed nerves. Feels very weird touching that area and it being numb. I too am flaky but have been lathering up with Eucerin dry skin treatment (really lathering it on) and it works like a charm. I too have endo and a history of breast cancer but hope to be able to use HRT when/if my ovaries poop out. Been doing a lot of reading on both and there's a lot of new data out there indicating HRT may not be as harmful as previously thought from clinical trials (especially bioidential HRT). If you are interested, send me a private e-mail and I'll give you a list of books you should be able to get from your local library on the subject. Stay well, Debra

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register