Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Unread 03-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Hi gals,

Well I'm about to go into my 4th week on Tuesday. I went to a Saint Patrick's Day party yesterday, which was about an hour drive away. (I was the passenger) Stayed there all day with friends and came home around 11pm. It was GREAT for my emotional health to spend times with good friends. On the way home, I felt the burning sensation I get when I'm pushing it but none of the painful muscle spasms!!! Took it easy all day today.. I'm now fighting mostly fatigue rather than fatigue and extreme pain. Woo, hoo, the major pain seems to have finally dissipated!!!

As far as the numbness, I too, have that and the ridge or the "shelf" as I have heard others call it. I have talked to many people and have been reassured that the nerves "do" grow back but can take up to a year. I do not have the flaky thing going on.

As far as HRT, I'm taking the premarin .625 still. No hot flashes, no night sweats anymore. I too, am concerned about the risks due to some personal health concerns but until I know exactly what to do, I want do first things first... HEAL. So for now, I'll stay on the .625.

I really appreciate when you gals post. It makes it easier to compare notes at this stage of the recovery process. Please don't stop! It helps to hear from you all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2007, 10:06 PM

Sorry about the loss Kappel. At least they looked better than those
Longhorns!
I hope everyone going to work tomorrow has a good day.
I will be calling the doc tomorrow. I am pretty sure I have a uti...uge.
SweetDreams or Sweet Days to all our UK sisters
Unread 03-19-2007, 07:45 AM

Ask your doctor about estrogen only hormone patch. My doctor told me the risks with breast cancer were with a combination of progestrin and estrogen. He said that estrogen ONLY actually helps to REDUCE the chances of breast cancer. I had a LAVH and had them also take my ovaries. Although I don't have any cancer history in my family, the fact that ovarian cancer is usually about stage 3 when it is discovered, was enough for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2007, 08:11 AM

wondering?? did anyone have urinanry problems three weeks after surgery? Need to see my DR, next week, but not sure if I should just wait til then or persue advise now?
Unread 03-19-2007, 09:08 AM

Hi all, I'm not having urinary problems per se, but upon waking have definite feeling of "gotta go NOW!!" haha, I guess my bladder holds alot more without all those organs in there! I know beforehand, I was peeing more frequently because my oversize uterus was pressing on the bladder. Now when I pee, it seems more of an amount at a time. Otherwise I'm doing well, tummy nearly flat again, and I've been putting vit. E on the scar every day the last 10 days or so, since the steri-strips fell off! Looks great, it's starting to disappear, and when I go out and tan more maybe it will, lol. Take care sisters!
Unread 03-19-2007, 10:37 AM

Hi everyone. First, a big thank you to the creators and administrators of HysterSisters - what a great source of medical and practical information, and a terrific forum for sharing experiences and comfort. And of course, very big thank you's to all the wonderful 'sisters' who have made this site an incredibly welcome place, filled with first hand knowledge, caring support and invaluable reassurance.
I'm now starting my 4th week post-op from my TAH/BSO, lysis of adhesion, bladder repair. I first met with my surgeon on January 30, 2007, and he scheduled me for surgery on February 19. Apparently, my fibroids have made my uterus grow to the size of a "good cantaloupe", but more urgently, my ureters were getting pinched and interfering with my kidneys. During surgery, they found that my uterus had fused with the bladder and they had to remove part of my bladder. Because of this, I needed to wear a catheter for 12 long days to make sure the bladder didn't leak! Needless to say, that got very irritating after a few days. Another complication arose when I developed a partial obstruction in the bowels due to extra manipulation of the small intestines during surgery. Apparently, some of my organs have been moved out of place and the 'extra handling' caused a part of the small intestine to constrict and get 'lazy'. What was supposed to be a 3-day hospital stay was suddenly stretched to 7 days.
After finally coming home, I had to go back to the hospital on the 10th day to get my staples removed. (A bit of background here, I've had two vertical c-sections and one myomectomy for even larger fibroids in the early 90's. They decided to use staples as it was the fourth time they were going to open me up in the same place.) On the 12th day, I went back to the hospital for a cystogram (NO LEAKAGE!) and removal of the catheter - HOORAY!
I am now feeling much better, with more good days than bad. I am taking premarin .625 mg, with no noticeable side effects to date. Tomorrow, I will be seeing my surgeon for my first follow-up appointment. For the most part, everything seems to be healing well, except that I still need to go to the bathroom twice a night to empty my bladder. Hopefully, this will get better soon.
Take care everyone and remember to take it easy and let your DH's or other significant care givers pamper you a little longer!
Big from Aggie in
Unread 03-19-2007, 12:08 PM

is anyone who had the bladder surgery up to pushing a stroller or a grocerie cart yet? I am 4 weeks postop tomorrow (vaginal hyst, laproscopic assist, with bladder and rectum repair). I've been REALLY taking it easy in order to heal. Not sure if pushing would be too much???
Unread 03-19-2007, 02:18 PM

2 manystiches, sounds like you might be still having bladder spasm's ask the doc about it...
Unread 03-19-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamaven
is anyone who had the bladder surgery up to pushing a stroller or a grocerie cart yet? I am 4 weeks postop tomorrow (vaginal hyst, laproscopic assist, with bladder and rectum repair). I've been REALLY taking it easy in order to heal. Not sure if pushing would be too much???
I had bladder surgery, I can push a grocery cart, if it is not to heavy. My Dr. said, if it hurts don't do it again for a while, and see if it hurts the next time. Many of my muscles are really tender, just from walking only. She told me it will be this way for a couple more weeks, I had surgery 22 of feb. vaginal hyst. but no lapro. assist. So I have no incisions on my tummy at all.
I find while pushing a cart, I can lean on it as well.
I still have bladder pain, Dr. told me up to 4-5 weeks. It has gotten better in just the last week.
Good healing to all.
Unread 03-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Guess I'm Lucky

Hi, Gals! Spring is here!

I guess I'm lucky with my recovery from TAHBSO. I've had little pain - except when I cough or sneeze. Hot flashes/sweats not bad (family history and endo may keep certain Rx a no-no).The swelling isn't too awful and it sounds like others have that incision ridge with dry skin. It gets uncomfortable when I eat. My lower abdomen seems to fill up and harden. Is it something with the intestines having more room? What kind of questions do you ask your doctor for your follow-up appointment?

When the doctor said 4-6 weeks I couldn't believe it. But, now I do!

Take care ... heal quickly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register