Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Unread 03-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy1967
2 manystiches, sounds like you might be still having bladder spasm's ask the doc about it...
Thanks for the advice, daisy1967. I saw my dr. today and he also suggested that my frequent urination might still be a reaction to the long-term catheter use. Either way, he said that this condition should dissipate. He also took some urine sample to rule out infection. Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2007, 02:45 PM

2manystitches, we are here rootin' for ya!!! Stay strong.

Nightie, you have come sooo far! Thank you for your update!

Today, I'm coming along.. the hardest thing is the fatigue.. I'm very atheletic and a go-getter so I thought I wouldn't have this much fatigue. The pain is very slight and comes and go.. some occasional spotting still.. very light brown. Sort of just in the middle with emotions.. Not high, not low.. just taking everything a day at a time.
Unread 03-20-2007, 06:41 PM

Dear Lucky,
I think we're all lucky! And isn't it a good thing to take each day as it comes? Some are better than others, but most days I find something to smile about--hope you do too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2007, 08:47 AM

What a week! But, I made it!! I just dropped my parents off at the airport. They were a great help and didn't push to do anything that I wasn't able to. They made sure the b'day party went off great!! But, I am still extremely tired and know that I need a lot of R&R. Good thing....we have lots of rain, so I won't feel like I'm missing anything if I just sit on the couch and veg!!

I did catch a horrible cold from my DH this week! I will suggest to avoid people that are or might be getting sick like they have the plague!! I can't even begin to tell you how bad it hurts to sneeze and cough!! Coughing is much much much worse than the sneezing!! The only thing I have found is I try to get into a ball as fast as I can to hold myself.

I did do shopping this past week. Started out in the wheel chair and slowly went to walking. I found I still can't walk that long without having that feeling that my insides are going to fall out!! And the more I did during the day, the more my stomach was swollen at night!

Hope everyone is starting to feel like themselves again!
Keri
Unread 03-21-2007, 09:47 AM

Keri,

Glad to hear the b-day went okay, sorry you've cough a cold. Sometimes a small pillow against the tummy helps when coughing. I had my TAH/BSO on 2/27 and am making it fairly well. There seems to be a fine line between doing things and overdoing it.(for me anyway!) I'm walking more and getting out most days if only to take my kids to school. Take some r&r and hope u feel better soon!
Unread 03-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Oy Vey, I overdid it!

I am paying the price today, ladies! grrr. I am 3.5 weeks out from my TVH with with cystocele and rectocele repairs and have been feeling pretty good. Have gone in to work (extremely part time) as of the end of my second week, etc. This last weekend was just *too* much for me and I am still paying for it. Went to a St. Pat's party on Saturday. Hosted a 3rd birthday party for my daughter at Chuck E Cheese on Sunday afternoon. Worked a bit on Monday (DH left town that day). Had the kids to myself on Monday night. Slept horribly. Stayed home on Tuesday, but got the itch to clean out the toy room. Spent three hours bending, reaching, stooping, piling etc. Then had a little league game last night.

waaah. I am sore and dog tired. My perineum is particularly sore in one specific spot. Might call the doctor about it. Think I might have a mild yeast infection also. hate sounding like a whiner. It really has been "easy" for me for the most part. but today, my body has made it abundantly clear that I still have limits.

::sigh::
Unread 03-21-2007, 12:02 PM

Hey Teemar-seems like we have a lot of similarities. I had the same surgery as you and am 4 weeks out as of yesterday. I am worried because today I picked up my 22 pound son twice. Two times to get him up, two times to get him back down. Up until today I have avoided lifting at all. And I'm a bit worried. I really don't want to do ANYTHING to mess up the cystocele repair.
Other than that I've been doing really well. Still have "twinges" in the pelvic area occasionally. Nothing too bad though. I'm still overly tired, but pleased with how far I've come.
Unread 03-21-2007, 02:41 PM

Hi Everyone!
It seems that we're all at the point where we feel well enough to be doing things but fade pretty fast. I went shopping today for some new clothes (hoping that spring really will come-LOL) and I'm feeling so tired. My DH is in Las Vegas until Saturday on business so I'm on my own at home. It's really hard not to do too much--the dust bunnies are laughing at me!
I'm meeting friends for an early supper so I took a nap when I got home from shopping and I'll head for bed early tonight.
Good healing, everyone.
Unread 03-21-2007, 03:04 PM
dust bunnie and friends

The dust bunnies are only laughing at you....mine seems to be inviting friends over for a party....lets see there is The Cheerios, The Stickers and few others. They seem to be doing cartwheels and such. But that's ok, because when I am better, I have a surprise for them... with a new bag (for easy pushing)and the hose & nozzle! ( to reach every nook and cranny) I guess being couped up all day with OCD and 2 little ones isnt a good combo. I seem to be going a bit stir crazy!!! I'm with you though, feeling good enough to do something, but feeling drained after a short time after. I've been trying to make dinner, just to keep myself a little busy and after I feel like I ran a marathon. Back is sore, Belly swollen But everyday I seem to get a bit stronger.

Happy Healing........
Unread 03-21-2007, 03:21 PM

I hear ya ladies ... I can't wait to get this pig pen in some kind of order as i get one thing done the wee ones mess it up agian and the bending oh boy that just makes my tummy swell at night .. but other than that things are going really well but I do get very fatigued mostly in the early afernoon so I try to take a nap

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register