Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Unread 02-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Update:

I'm planning on working (for 5 hours) on Monday. I'm a little nervous about fatigue and soreness, but my boss has assured me that I can leave when I like and if I don't feel like coming, all I need to do is call. She is so very sweet.

My biggest issue has been constipation, but the colace and prune juice seem to be doing the trick since yesterday. Today I'm little sore in the neck and shoulders, but it's not too bad.

I ventured out today to the Wal-Mart and the DH pushed the cart and picked up all the items we needed. We also had a meal out which was nice. I'm back in bed now posting from the laptop. I'm free of the kids this weekend so I should get as much rest as I care to get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2007, 04:42 AM

I've been home since Fri, taking my percocet every 4 hours just to be able to move! I had hip to hip incision, with tummy tuck/TAH-BSO, went home Fri afternoon. I have to go back next Wed to get staples and JP drain out, but I feel pretty good in between the percocets Not quite able to keep up with my 2 year old but he tries to "help". The abdominal brace is sooo itchy, does anyone else have to wear it?
Unread 02-25-2007, 03:16 PM

Hugs to all the wonderful sisters!
My TVH, A&P repair and sling for the ureathra (sp.?) was on thursday morning. It went very well and I came home after lunch on Friday. I found that I was tired but had no pain to speak of only a little discomfort. I took a perkoset the first night home because I was afraid of pain if I moved in my sleep. Last night I just took motrin and did fine. I don't need anything during the day. My husband says I have a high pain tolorance--but I"m really not hurting.

MY prayers are for all those of you who have not been so lucky so far. Pamper the princess and use your meds as needed until you get over the hump.

Love and blessings to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2007, 05:19 PM
Finally it's over

So I had surgery on 2/22/07 at about 1:00 p.m. (I was scheduled at 10, but of course, there were complications from a previous surgery, so I just waited). The surgery lasted about 2 hours and I had a modified radical hysterectomy (the reomved the utuerus and the upper portion of the vagina).
Well, it's 3 days post op, and I am quite uncomfortable. I was just released earlier today (barely) as the doctor wanted me to pass gas. I did last night, but today, I have been completely stopped up and I am consipated. I have not had a BM since I went in on Thursday, not good. I have about 10-15 staples in my belly (I haven't really counted them, they look so ugly) and I am having stabbing pains along with what I think are gas pains.
But I must say, the first 24 hours was the worst, but like they say, if you get up and get around and get moving, it gets easier. That is the last thing that you want to hear when you are in pain beyond belief, but it is the truth. Do what the docs say, and you will be fine.
Once I kept getting out of bed and continued to walk around, I felt a lot better. THe pain was the worse the first 48 hours too, and the bumps on the road on the way back from the hospital definitely didn't feel good either, but everything is much better now than it was a few days ago. I didn't think I would get through it to be honest with you but I did.
I continued to pray and just try to look on the brightside and it did get better.
I hope all is wel with everyone. I am going back to bed to rest now!
Unread 02-25-2007, 10:20 PM

im on day 6 post op and am so pleased to have found this site, seems weird to be looking on the post op board now as well as the pre op ( like to see what others are up to!).
its great being part of the cool crowd over here, i only need a panty liner too so im taking the pads i brought back to the supermarket next time im there but after yesturdays troubles i wont go for at least 2 weeks.
is there anyone from new zealand or aussie here?
Unread 02-26-2007, 12:50 AM

Freswench...I'm betting that the tummy brace is because you had a tummy tuck too...I know that it's routine to wear one after a tummy tuck...I'm actually kind of jealous though...gravity pulling on my tummy was almost doubling my pain level...I finally wrapped a nice wide ace bandage around my middle...what a relief!!! Sure would have been nice to have a brace made just for that though...the bandage needs to be repositioned often....Glad you're doing well though...I'm surprised at how sore I still am! Wonder if it has to do with what kind of shape I was in preop?
Unread 02-26-2007, 03:45 AM

Hi Everyone. I spent 2 nights in "The Castle." My LAVH was uneventful. I remember being wheeled into surgery and then I woke up in my hospital room. I do not remember recovery, or even being moved into my hospital room. I heard that I was a puking princess in recovery. My doctor said there was nothing remarkable about my uterus, there was a golfball sized fibroid and very little endo. With me being so sensitive in recovery the doctor decided I needed the extra night stay. I wound up catching a cold in the hospital, and the drive home was painful. I spent most of today and yesterday sleeping. I am feeling really run down, so I am not trying to do anything remotely stressful. I walk up and down stairs, I pooped, nothing food-wise seems appetizing. I am so glad to have this surgery over with. I hope I can start feeling better soon. Part of the feeling crappy I guess is hearing that all the pain I have been in for years was probably not caused by endo, cysts, or fibroids. The pathology report will tell more. I was feeling so hopeful and excited before the surgery. Hearing that there was nothing remarkable about what was causing me so much pain, has left me feeling like I did all this for nothing. I guess time will tell. Sorry to be such a downer.
Unread 02-26-2007, 05:26 AM

Hi everyone, love to you all and best wishes for a speedy recovery. I finally had my op on Tuesday 20th (after 2 last minute cancellations) Home since thursday and feeling pretty ordinary. Wish I had been back to this site more before I went in and had got to know you all better...the cancellations kind of mucked me up.
raggyXX
Unread 02-26-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyAphrodite
... Part of the feeling crappy I guess is hearing that all the pain I have been in for years was probably not caused by endo, cysts, or fibroids. The pathology report will tell more. I was feeling so hopeful and excited before the surgery. Hearing that there was nothing remarkable about what was causing me so much pain, has left me feeling like I did all this for nothing. I guess time will tell. Sorry to be such a downer.

Don't be so sure your endo wasn't the source of your pain. Sometimes a little endo hurts a lot or a lot of endo hurts very little. My doc said every single case is different. I had endo removed in Oct 05 and when I had my hyst, the doc said there wasn't a whole lot. Whatever had grown new WAS causing me to have a burning pain (most every day) and horrible cramping during my period. You won't be positive whether or not that was source of your pain, but I think you are safe at this point to assume it was. Don't be down. You're recovering and the worst is nearly over. Think of the fact that you are done with periods. Isn't that fantastic??!!??!!

Unread 02-26-2007, 02:02 PM

So, I had my first day back at work today. I work at an elementary school, so I have short days. I'm pretty worn out and having a little pain, but I'm going to have a nap when I finish my snack. I took a vicodin, so pretty soon, all should be well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register