Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Unread 04-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Wow, I got the go ahead at my 4 week post-op appointment! I had a SAH w/bladder work so it may have to do if you have a cervical cuff or something. My husband was beyond nervous the first time, at 4 weeks and so was I. Wasn't exactly a success...however, we tried again about a week later and it was superb. I was so worried about not feeling the same, etc. I've also been having a lot more desire, if you know what I mean. Bonus!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2007, 08:52 AM

hi to all, 6 weeks are up! Well the wait is over for everything it seems. I have to go back to work on Monday and I am actually glad to get back on a routine but depressed just the same. I physically really feel good but I am having doubts about these hormones........... I was on Climera patch but didnt like it and it would NOT stay on!! Now I am on estratest pills. Way too many side effects but what do you do? Do we really need these at age 43? All my early symptoms from the surgery have gone except for the headaches but I dont know if it is from the healing process or the hormones............anyone?
Unread 04-07-2007, 09:31 AM

My answer would be yes!!! My grandma and cousin both had hysterectomies at young ages and refused to take the HRT. Now they both have severe Osteoporosis because of it!! From what I understand there are options, talk to your doc. Ask him what your risks are for Osteoporosis if you don't take anything at your age. Even though you are still very young!! Maybe he could just start you on something for bone health!! My cousin is my age and she is just as frail as grandma because of the Osteoporosis, I would hate to see that happen to anyone!!
Keri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2007, 10:49 AM

6 Weeks came and went, saw Dr. on Wed. cleared for all activity. She said I could "run around the block", no thanks. I did run home and call DH with the news; he came home from work a little early. Happy to report the everything is still working as it always did; took a bit longer, though (for me, not him, lol).
Someone mentioned headaches; I've been having them too. My pharmacist told me that, in my case, they could actually be withdrawls from pain meds. I had such bad cramps prior to surgery that I often took Vicodin, then the really strong stuff I was given in the castle followed by the meds taken during recovery. The post-op staph infection I got required very painful treatments daily and I was given some pretty strong stuff every morning while they worked on me. So I guess as a result of all this I have become an addict! A combination of Tylenol and Mortin works pretty well for the headaches. Otherwise, feeling great - no more periods, wheee!
Take care all.
C
Unread 04-07-2007, 04:46 PM

Lou--I spoke to my MD last week about the extra feeling I seem to have of my bowels and she said that she had the same surgery and the extra sensitivity should gradually go away by the end of 3 months. Things are just sore inside and hypersensitive as they heal. I'm just happy to be on this side of the surgery!
Unread 04-08-2007, 03:04 PM

Thanks for that Sticker Lady. I feel sooo sore in the bowel area; was out for a walk today (we are having lovely weather in London right now but it won't last) and the whole walk I felt like I had a brick in my pelvis that was kind of bouncing up and down as I walked.

Yesterday I felt lousy all day, aching all over, especially in the arms legs and back, like a toothache kind of pain, but after a good night sleep with a 10mg of Amitryptiline (Elavil) - twice what I have been taking so far - felt somewhat better today, apart from that **** 'brick' in the pelvis.

Feel rather bummed out - thought I would be past the several days forward then one day slipping back down again - at nearly seven weeks. Obviously not. Heaven knows what I'll feel like tomorrow!

Louise
Unread 04-09-2007, 09:03 AM

Hi Lou--Know what you mean about the brick--ugh! As long as I keep having more good days than bad I'm staying happy. It's a good thing we don't realize how slow the healing seems to go before we're into it. I thought I'd just feel fine after a couple of weeks-LOL!
I'm glad to hear London weather has been fine. DH and I are going to be in Ireland in June with a weekend in London before we come home. It's our first trip "across the pond" and we're beyond excited.
The weather in New Hampshire has been nasty--6 inches of heavy wet snow last Thursday. Easter was colder than Christmas!
Enjoy your day, and be kind to yourself. Blessings!
Unread 04-09-2007, 10:50 PM

Well Ladies, I went for my 6 weeks post op appt. on Friday and all is well. Dr. check internal stitches and they are healed. So he gave me the "clear for activities" and sent me on my way. I asked about the numbness on the right of my incision, and he said that it would go away in time. Dh was excited to hear that we had the green light, he waited for a lonnngggg time. So on Saturday evening....we resumed activities for the first time again. It was so funny because we were acting like we never seen each other before. We took it slow and it was nice. And you know, even though it was the one time so far, it now feels like I'm back to the road of being myself. Not that I define myself by that, but it feels like it flipped a switch inside and kicked in some hormones that are making me feels like my ol' self. I havent felt that in a long time, with the long periods, back pain, depression, pain meds and cramps. Now I feel like my new life has started. And I am so looking forward to it.
Unread 04-10-2007, 12:36 AM

Hi sticker lady, my sisinlaw is in NH too, she says it's horribly cold! We were in Monterey in the ocean last week, 74 and gorgeous, I wouldn't trade CA for anything I'm all clear too, YAY Nothing has changed, he's happy too, says if anything it's tighter!
Unread 04-10-2007, 08:35 AM

I have just returned from my 6 week check up. I was told everything looks great and I have been cleared for ALL activities. I did learn today that my cervix was removed....did not know that!! But, it was funny when he did the internal exam. I was all prepared for the agony, like normal, when he pressed on my tummy....there was nothing. I said "there was no pain...that normally hurts." He just started laughing. I am so intrigued now....I can't wait for the hubby to get home from work!! Sex was the most painful thing for me. The thought of it....hurts! I can't wait to see if it's pain free for the first time in my life!!!!!

Meanwhile, he said my skin still being sensitive is normal. The corners of scar and the sharp pains that I feel are normal. He did say has I do normal activities it would hurt, but I am healed so it's just the muscles trying to get back to normal.

Next on my agenda....I have an MRI in less than 2 hours! I am sooooo scared. I am hoping that they find "something" that will help them figure out what is causing my other problems, but I am also afraid that they will find "SOMETHING" Y'all get that? But, I'm also terrified of tight places, needles and loud noises bother me! Should make for some fun times!!

Keri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register