Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Unread 02-28-2007, 07:23 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Two days out now and I am doing pretty well. Still a lot of pain where the robot incisions are. Strangely, my pain is kind of high up in the abdomen...like bruised ribs or something. I mentioned that to my husband and he say the doc had said something about the fibroid tumor being high in my abdomen and with the size they had to make the incisions higher than usual. Belly still swelly and still don't really have an appetite. Not really complaining about that one though, lol! After getting use to that huge lump in my abdomen it will be nice to see it flat again for once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2007, 09:44 AM

Hi Everyone!

My first BM on Sunday was very uncomfortable--and so was the second, as I think about it. I've been pushing water like a good girl and eating fiber rich foods so things in that region really have improved. I have a glass of prune juice every morning with either oatmeal or a whole wheat mini-bagle and yogurt. For lunch I've had squash soup that my DD made and a whole wheat wrap with hummis and lots of veggies. Before surgery I made oatmeal cookies and I"ll have them with some herbal tea for a snack.
My DH and I have been working on loosing weight for the last 6 months and have tried to change our eatting habbits to include more fiber and less white flour and sugar. It seems to really be helping with the post-op bowel issues.
Good luck to all who are still having trouble "down there".
Unread 02-28-2007, 11:15 AM

Well, I'm new here... and just 8 days post-op. Does the numbness EVER go away?

Walking is getting easier, stairs are still rough. But I can sit up for longer periods without discomfort. Still taking Ibuprofen and Demoral, but only once or twice a day depending.

Struggling with a UTI from the catheter, but it's clearing up. Now getting insomnia fairly bad... and late-night television is terrible! LOL!

So that's me, 8 days post-op from TAH-BSO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj4life
I have the sharp pains in the bowels as well. It is really horrible. I am finally softening on my own, I hate the over the counter tricks to get the BM so just giving it time. I have had lots of water. I even get the sharp pain in lower back. If it wasn't for the nagging pressure with bowels, I would say hey this was easy ^_^ I am really a wimp about the pain. I can't stand staying down however. I took my son out this morning for round up at school and that really made me sooo tired. I was down the rest of the day. I still have insomnia. Eventually, I'll fall off to sleep it just takes me forever. Healing on the inside is so hard because you can't see the progress...we only get once chance to heal properly however, and I really want relief from the ongoing pressure I have been having from fibroids. So this is it! Any ideas on how NOT to become a couch potato? I hate TV and currently I am trying a puzzle, but can't stay focused. Any ideas may peek my interest?
I am having the same problem with the gas pains, the back pains, and some pain on BM's. However this morning I think I had a little too much softener last night and now I have the runs, with cramps, and allergies (read as sneezing), NOT a good COMBO! I am going to see the Nurse Practitioner this afternoon to talk about the bleeding, and having my stitches removed. I take the vicodin when absolutely necessary. So far it has been a 1x to 2x's a day thing.

I so agree that the sitting around and couch potato'ing is a drag. Netflix has been my savior. Catching up on the movies I miss when the DBF doesn't want to see a chick flick.

Just remember your body is using a lot of it's energy right now to heal you. So overdoing things just takes the energies away from where it would be doing you the most good. Naps are your friend.

Hugs, :
Laurie Beth
Unread 02-28-2007, 12:06 PM

I was told No Stairs for a Month! And I have plenty of pain, also TAH.
Unread 02-28-2007, 12:58 PM
9 days post

well i cant beleive the time has gone soooo fast.
i can poo on my own and the bleeding has gone down to panyliner material. im off all the drugs and am starting to feel great. i even shaved my legs on tuesday!
i have now been to the supermarket and out for lunch with the mum in law who has come to stay (god i love the sleepins as she does the school run!) and we are all going out for tea tonight. i do get a bit tired in the afternoon so i have a nap and i have only been along for a ride to school twice but everyone says im now looking great and they cant believe that i had the surgery last week! i do feel a bit strange down there though, like when i pee there seems to be alot more than there used to and i pee more often, i know theres more space so i guess the bladder grabbed the space, thank god the stomach didnt, dont want to gain any weight!

i cant wait to get back to the gym and lose this preggie belly i seem to have been given during surgery, and to drive my car!!!! it keeps looking at me when i go outside as if to say what! have i done something wrong?
Unread 02-28-2007, 03:15 PM
The Odyssey to Recovery - Part 1

I had my LAH on 2/21/07. For the past 15 years I have dealt with various female issues. I had some abnormal pap smears that resulted in one LEEP and two cone biopsies. I would often have irregular and heavy periods. I used double protection (tampon and pad) yet still had leakage during periods that lasted about a week with a frequency of every two weeks. Needless to say, this did wonders for my sex life (my poor husband) and made me a supporter of cheap, disposable panties (sorry Victoria's Secret). I had a couple of D & Cs (which helped temporarily) and tried hormone therapy (which didn't help at all).

Over time, my periods seemed to become a little more regular. However, I started to experience terrible migraines before each onset and also started having terrible pains in my pelvic area all the time. During an annual physical, I mentioned my pain to a family practice physician and was told that it was probably just gas and not to worry about it (go figure).

Towards the end of 2006, something total strange happened....I didn't get my period at all! The only time that every happened was about 15 years ago, when I became pregnant with my daughter. So, I made a run to the local pharmacy to buy some preganancy tests. It is important to note that no rabbits were harmed during the results of these tests. LOL!

As I approached two months without a period, I decided it was time to go "bareback" with my feet in the stirrups again, so I made an appointment with an OB/GYN. I had a recent insurance change and was forced to select a new doctor. I tried to schedule an appointment with a female, but of course the next available appointment was too far out for me. So, I selected a male OB/GYN and wouldn't you know it...the man is a hottie! I think I blush every time I see him (quite embarassing). I had bloodwork done (including the CA-125) and everything was negative. I had an endo-vaginal ultrasound done, as there was a suspicion of an ectopic preganancy. Again, results were negative. So Dr. HOTflash scheduled a laparascopy and D & C on December 19th to further investigate what was going on. The results came back and I even got to see color pictures of my ovaries and uterus during my follow up visit. It appeared that I had endometriosis and adenomyosis. Doc said my uterus was "boggy" (was I growing cranberries in there?). The news helped to explain why I felt like I was carrying around a lead balloon in my pelvis. After a long discussion, it was agreed that a total hysterectomy was the best action to take. I have to admit that I was a little depressed for about two weeks. Even though I wasn't planning on having any more children, it still bothered me that the option would be taken away from me. I guess my womanhood felt challenged. Well after doing a lot of research and reading the wonderful posts on the HysterSisters site, I started feeling more positive about the upcoming surgery.

*** To be continued in The Odyssey to Recovery - Part 2***
Unread 02-28-2007, 06:36 PM

I understand about sharp pain, mine has gotten so bad that my right leg cramps, up in the hip and I no can walk or move. Dr. says it is the mesh they had to put in that hurts my legs to walk. When first up from surgery, had to use walker, legs just could not move, pain so bad, brain shut down and said, youve got to be kidding, you want me to do what? After a few trips, about 3-4 short 25 steps or so I got to the point where I could walk with help, then 2 nd day, I could walk on my own, but a turtle could have beat me. Pain in hip started with first bm had after I got home, milk of magnesia, is finally starting to work, have tried stool softner, glass of prune juice daily, 4-5 glasses of other juice daily, and still the pain has been real bad. So had to try magnesia, I think it is working.
We have tons of home vhs tapes that need to be copied over to dvd and thrown out kind of sorting, also have got boxes of pictures to archive and put in album, so my next few weeks wont be to borring. Have you tried to read a book, an authur you like? Don't think you will become a coach potato, maybe for a couple weeks. I could not concentrate on a puzzle if I had to. Or read a book, so I have just been watching animal shows on Nat Geo until I feel well enough to do something different. Like you, not used to be this immobile. Take care and let me know how you are doing.
Unread 02-28-2007, 06:43 PM

Well, Dr. Called back today I do have an infection in either the bladder or uninary tract, so on to antibiodics for me for 7 days. Hope this takes care of my problems, hope and pray that surgery did work on my bladder, cause this is actually worse than what I had going on before surgery. Been real tired today, not been up much at all. I expect up and downs, just hope that this is just 1 down day and tomorrow will be an up day. See you all later.
Unread 02-28-2007, 07:03 PM

Luckycee- I am not doing as good as you, my last cig was morning before surgery, which was thur-went home sat- on way home had 2 drags, then on sunday bm took over sanity, and 1/2 cig here and there and now its wed and still a cig here and there, so be good to yourself, and dont start again. 1 puff is all it is going to take, and i know i have a challenge ahead of me to stop alltogether. Now it is only mental for you, not physical. I support you 1000% dont take that first drag, cause you will cough and it will hurt like hell. Keep up the good work and keep your hand busy! Good Luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register