Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Unread 03-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

You're welcome Hathor. I too used prunes, bran, stool softeners, and drank lots of liquids, but this tea is most effective. Took me over a week to have a BM but the nurse warned be in the hospital that this was normal. Only thing I noticed with the tea is that you will have some abdominal discomfort prior to going to the bathroom. Small price for some guaranteed relief!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2007, 11:14 AM

dianne223344 I went to my 1 weel follow up yesterday I got home and forgot to ask the Dr if I could take a bath SO I called and He said YES every Dr is differnt though so call and ask yours before you do Hope he says YES also
Unread 03-01-2007, 01:30 PM

Hi ((( Ladies )))

Sorry for the interruption. I'd like to point out a special event going on here at Hystersisters.com during the month of March:

March of the Crown Jewels

Would you consider upgrading your membership during the month of March? If you can upgrade, this is a great time!

Prize drawings during the month of March...along with my deep gratitude is awaiting you as a thank you for your support of Hystersisters.com. It's a great way to give back to this website if its been helpful to you!

Click here for more info

I hope each of you are encouraged by the support and friendships you have gained through HysterSisters.com!

And now...back to your progress reports.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2007, 02:51 PM

I had a TAH on Thursday the 22nd and was released late Saturday afternoon. No complications...just a mild fever and nausea/vomiting on Friday. (Phenagren is a wonderful drug!) Catheter was removed Friday morning and I had no trouble going to the bathroom or even walking the halls on my own. My appetite came back with a vengence on Saturday. BM's have been no trouble...my doctor started me on Colace twice daily right away (I also had my gallbladder removed 3 years ago which has made BM's much easier.) Pathology report also came back very quickly. No cancer, Praise God! Main reason for surgery was Stage 3-4 endometriosis, but I also had severe cervical dysplasia and a LEEP done in December...those pathology reports were still a bit inconclusive which lead me to make the BIG decision. Doctor found lots and lots of endo, as well as a 4 cm ovarian cyst and my uterus glued to my rectum. It is now 1 week since my sugery and I am feeling better every day. Took off the Climara patch this morning per doctor's orders and started on Estratest. So far, so good with the HRT. Best wishes to all my sisters. Remember that each day gets better. We just have to be patient!
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:00 PM

Dianne....I'm a week out also...Dr. told me that I had to wait two weeks to have a bath... which is a bummer cuz I'm dying for a bath...but do ask your Dr. cuz they're all different and it depends on what kind of incision you have.

As far as what to do to keep busy? I read magazines....more in keeping with my concentration abilities right now....I play online alot (got the loan of a lappy for a few weeks which is heaven!), watch more tv than I ever have in my life, and I sleep! I have gotten out twice (with someone else driving) once to the store, and today to lunch...that was nice...helps with the cabin fever. I also have some needlework and crochet to do...hope this helps...Have you considered books on tape? I know I can listen to something a lot longer than I can read right now....(which makes me nutso cuz I'm a big time reader! ) Hang in there!
blessings,
Janice

ps....Do try to upgrad to Crown Jewels ladies...I did two days too early to get in on the March fun, but I'm glad I did.... s
Unread 03-02-2007, 07:07 AM

I feel somewhat tired today and have noticed that I feel quite sore in the belly area, feels like it's all knitting together slowly inside and out. But the surgeon did a beautiful job, it all looks very neatly done, albeit like a shelf that you have to look underneath! Thank heavens that I was able to stay in a very good hospital for a week with a top surgeon as I feel that has made an enormous difference. It's a good excuse to slop around the house in comfortable sweat pants though - could never get jeans on!

Louise
Unread 03-02-2007, 10:03 AM
LAVH Completed 2/22

I was released about 26 hours post-op. I also had a TOT bladder sling done at the same time.

I had a c-section with my first child (vbac with 2nd) and had a bad reaction to morphine (duramorph) with terrible itching on my face and neck, and then really bad nausea with Darvocet and Pergocet for pain. So I made my doctor, nurse and anthesiologist aware.

I was pretty much out of it the day of the surgery, vaguely aware of the nurse coming in to give me pain meds through my IV. I did not have a pump because of my reactions to morphine. The pain was managed pretty well, but I did have nausea when the anesthesia started disapating from my body. The worst pain hit that night, when my bladder started having spasms. I still had a catheter, but it felt like I had been holding my bladder for hours - like if you are on a long car ride and no where to stop when you have to go. All I wanted was relief! The nurse did give me a different pain med, but failed to tell me I could have it every 2 hours. So I was suffering for 4 hours, thinking I had to wait that long between doses. She finally told me, and that was a great relief.

The biggest problem I had was emptying my bladder. They had to show me how to self-cath for when I got home, but I only had to do that the first night at home.

I went for my first post-op on 2/27, and I was released to drive as long as I wasn't taking any pain meds (I was prescribed lortab and prescription strength Motrin). I have never felt better! I wasn't having a lot of problems before, but I did have a small fibroid, dysplaisia on my cervix and a tilted uterus. Later, after the path results came back, I also had endometriosis. I had been taking Seasonale as birth control, so I wasn't having periods, just occasional spotting.

I am a terrible patient and my husband has to remind me to not do too much. I plan on going back to work 2 weeks post-op on Mar. 12. I have done a little shopping and I did have a 4-hour court hearing with ex-husband 4 days post-op. That took a bit of a toll and I was very tired that afternoon and the next day.

I am very pleased that the only scarring I have are 2 small incision scars on each side of my belly, with internal stitches. The 2 other incisions were done in my belly button-so it doesn't show, and along my very low c-section scar. AMAZING!
Unread 03-02-2007, 12:11 PM

Hello Sisters,

This is the first opportunity I've had to post since my February 23rd surgery.

It's been a week since my LAVH. I've had a rough time regaining my energy. The surgery was a bit more difficult than expected. I went in with anemia (8.2) and lost a lot of blood during surgery. The doctor said my uterus looked like a lemon tree. There were fibroids inside and out and polyps inside. Because of the size of my uterus he had to make an episiotomy like incision that runs deep into my vagina. I’m very run down and move very slowly. The doctor said it would take time to recover and not to try and be Rambo…LOL. Believe me I’m not!! My mom has been a tremendous help. I can’t imagine not having her around to take care of my family. I get out of breath just walking to the bathroom. Yesterday I went to the doctor’s because I was feeling shaky, dizzy, nauseous and very cold. Thankfully it wasn’t anything more than my low blood count.
I do have to take Darvestat (sp) for pain every four hours and of course monster iron pills. Other than that nothing much is happening in my neck of the woods. I feel like a major couch potato and want nothing more than to heal completely so that I can enjoy my family again.
Unread 03-02-2007, 01:31 PM

I am a little over a week out and have not done much. I was getting discouraged because even the small outing of going for coffee with Dh left me so exhausted I slept for four hours when we got home. BUT, today I had the energy to finally paint a spider-man poster I'm working on. And it looks so cute
A teeny tiny step back towards normalcy.
I gave myself four weeks to do nothing. I have arranged a lot of help for that time period. But I think I wasn't actually expecting to need all four weeks, kwim? And maybe I won't. But man, it's like baby stepping to wellness.
Unread 03-02-2007, 04:09 PM

mochamaven,

I feel the same way as you as far as energy level. I had no idea I would feel this way. I thought I would have a little discomfort and tiredness but nothing like I feel a week out.

I look at each second that passes as a second towards wellness.

Hope your up and running soon .... In the mean time enjoy all that extra help you've arranged.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register