Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Unread 03-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 19-Feb 26,2007

Hey ladies....I can sooo relate to the exhaustion! I had my hyst on the 21st, and I can't get over how easily I get tired! I have two teens who help with the two younger kiddos, so I get to sleep as long as I want in the morning...I slept till 1:30pm today, and by 4 I was ing and ready for a !!

I have gone to town twice in the last 3 days and while I love seeing someting beyond my living room walls, I'm totally wiped out by the time I get home! Wonder how long this will last?

Mochamaven...boy you hit the nail on the head...babysteps is exactly how it feels!
Blessings,
Janice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2007, 09:08 PM

Hi Ladies! This is my first chance to post. I had my TAH on the 23rd. I had my right ovary removed 5 yrs ago due to tumors that were thankfully benign. I had my choice back then for the TAH but decided against. Then, 8 months ago, sure enough the left ovary started acting up! My doctor had been keeping an eye on it. On the 13th, I had my most recent ultrasound and exam. The ovary wasn't getting any better, my uterus wasn't looking very good and there was a very good possiblity that I had endo. He gave me alot of choices, but I wasn't fooling around this time.

I had a really hard time in the hospital. I couldn't get anyone to listen to me. The morphine was really messing with me and the doctor realized it the next day and ordered me off it, but the nurses decided I should finish the vial I had started! Then, I take a lot of meds for asthma, migraines and Restless Leg Syndrome. The doc wouldn't let me take my own, but I couldn't get anyone to bring me my meds. And they would bring me the wrong doses! 5 hrs post op I stopped them from giving me 4 times the normal dose of one of my meds!! Of course I couldn't get them to take my RLS serious either. I was having alot of trouble in the hospital with chest pains and breathing. First, it was the morphine, then it was gas, then maybe a clot. Then...they just sent me home with no explanation. It has been one week now. I am still having trouble breathing. Everytime I sit up my breath is taken away. I feel like a brick is being dropped on me. I am always lightheaded and dizzy, I am not sure if that is just because I found out my HRT interacts with another med I am on. Found that out today on line, guess it makes the estrogen less effective. But, I am also feeling nauseated all the time.

I am really hoping to feel better soon. I just want to get to feel the benefits of the surgery.

Keri

*live for today, hope for tomorrow*
Unread 03-02-2007, 10:13 PM

Well, ladies, I am so glad I am not the only one who feels like I am learning to walk all over again. I have been out a couple times, Hubby took me out to dinner and grocery shopping tonight, and I feel like I have rode a bike 25 miles uphill, every muscle and joint hurts, if it was not for the cart to hold on to, probably would have just sat in the car.
For all of you who have had bladder surgery,, has anyone experienced the inability to have control over the flow, like just have to sit there and wait to get done, drip by drip kind of feeling. Stop and then go again? Dr. says I have bladder or UT infec. on antibiodicts for 3 days now, thought I would have seen more of a difference. Let me know, cause I really hope that part of my surgery has not failed. Walk slow and smell the roses......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2007, 11:30 PM

Keri hun, you may need to talk to your Dr about the continuing breathing problems....It may be there's something he can do for you...

Wow, Wallchild...I went shopping yesterday, but I made hubby push me in the wheelchair provided by the store!! No way I was walking the store...especially with DH...he gets so distracted it takes 5 times longer to get done!!! Of course, having him in charge of where we go in SuperWalMart is a pain....but at least I got to sit!
Unread 03-03-2007, 04:46 AM

Morning ladies!
Just wanted to exchange symptom observations with you girls. Feel not bad at all but generally I feel more tired than I did two or three days ago - like a delayed reaction of tiredness. Weird? Might be the Amitryptiline/Elavil I am taking at night - it does make me sleep though so if I am brave enough I will try a night without. Also stomach area is more tender than before especially in bowel area, with numb, tingly bits and a tiny bit itchy - I guess this is a text book kind of healing process and am not worried about it.
In a way it's a shame we are all so different because if there was one definite kind of healing to have in a certain kind of time frame we would know what we were aiming for. Know what I mean?
Hugs to all.
Louise
Unread 03-03-2007, 06:00 AM
Morning everyone

I am too tired today have had some pain as well.It really seem to vary from day to day and reading other peoples progress it seem to be a general thing. I have not ventured out just manage to walk round the house.Dinl brought me so girlie dvds so looking forward to watching them.The grandchildren have been to visit and have been great they think its great to be able to come upstairs and play on the bed.Ive tried going downstairs but find it really hard to get comfy on the setee.
Hows everyone else doing?
Dianne
Unread 03-03-2007, 07:25 AM

I also have the belly tenderness, and the itchiness. It's a weird thing, though, because the aches and itches are on the inside, although I feel the tenderness on the outside even though it's still sort of numb. It freaks me out a little. It's been two weeks and I haven't been out at all yet, except for five minutes on the porch yesterday because the temperature went up to 50 and I needed to breathe some fresh air. I'm getting nervous about going out. I just walk around the house a lot, crochet, and watch TV. I'm preparing simple meals, but wait for DH to come home to put things in the oven for me. Bending makes me hurt more the next day. I only have three Darvocet left, so I'm only taking them at night, and Advil during the day. I ventured upstairs once because I needed something, but I was very very nervous about it and very very slow and careful. I have a feeling that 6 weeks are not going to be enough, and I may need to be out of work longer than I thought. It's funny, because before surgery I couldn't imagine needing so much time to recuperate and now I can't imagine healing so fast! Weird how our perspectives change. I can't even imagine wearing real clothes again instead of sweats. Just the thought of zipping up jeans makes my belly protest!
Unread 03-03-2007, 07:57 AM

Dianne - like the name of the place you're from as I am originally from Manchester - have often said 'OMG, Manchester' so it's rather appropriate!
Luckycee, get you totally on the belly thing. Thought of jeans makes me cringe although I have different sizes (lost weight before op - probably regaining it now - but kept old jeans for this eventuality) but don't want anything to touch it!
Just went out for ten minutes walk, it's a beautiful day here, am going to try and build up a little each day from the beginning of next week which I think is what you are supposed to do.

Am also going with DH to do a little light supermarket shopping (I instruct, he picks up, pushes trolley, puts in car and unloads at other end. Did a bit of online shopping but it's not the same when you can't pick things up) and will try and cook a bit from now on, have listed some simple things and will get my kids to help - well they are 20 and 15!)

Hope I'm not getting overly ambitious. I do do the stairs and it seems OK b ut trying not to make unnecessary journeys or carry heavy things. I find this doing not very much business extremely difficult. Had a nice doze on the sofa this morning though!
Louise
Unread 03-03-2007, 08:43 AM

Good Morning Ladies I'm almost 2 weeks post-op and I'm feeling tired but doing ok. My DH took me to breakfast yesterday, a quick trip to Wal-Mart I got to ride in the motorized chair,then back home. I went to bed for a nap. My biggest issues are the BM ( my doc gave me a years supply of Glyco-Lax... with a refill !) and my stomach feels like it has gone the rounds with a boxer. For those of you who have had a TVH do you feel like your stomach has been beat up? I had a C-Section 4 years ago and I guess I dont remember how hurt my stomach was. I also contribute most of it to the incision I guess. I have found that if I'm up to much my tummy hurts even worse. Anyone else having the same issues.
Unread 03-03-2007, 08:50 AM

Hi Louise Godmanchester is about 14 miles of Cambridge and 17 miles from Peterborough used to live on The Isle of Dogs,then Erith in Kent and have been here about 30yrs.Glad to here you are getting out I dont think I could concentrate on anything at the moment like shopping stacked up on everthing so Dh just got a few things. The grandchildren just left it is awful not being able to pick them up.I have 3 dogs they are sulking as well they cannot understand why they are not getting their usual attention.Today I think is my worst day as I feel so weak still perhaps tomorrow will be different.Enjoy the weekend keep posting
Dianne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register