Why am I part of the 5%??!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Why am I part of the 5%??!! Why am I part of the 5%??!!

Unread 02-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Why am I part of the 5%??!!

I knew going in that if we left the cervix, there was a chance of light bleeding. 5% chance...I was ok with that, since the doc said that it was usually so light that most women wouldn't even need a pad.
So, this morning I noticed a little pink on the tp. The longer the day has gone on, the heavier the flow. Now I am passing small clots and it is heavy enough that it feels like it does when you start...that tell tell feeling of flow...
I have not had a bit of discharge since the surgery, and I am almost positive this is a "period" because it is when I would normally start.

Has anyone else had this happen? I don't want to freak out and call the doctor, since he did tell me there was a chance, but this isn't what I call light...I guess I had thought that I was through bleeding and am feeling qite disappointed that I still have to deal with this...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2007, 01:57 PM

You wouldn't be freaking out by calling your doctor on this. I don't know about the mini-periods; but if its feeling like a flow like you used to have, I would definitely call just to be on the safe side. Who knows, he/she might be able to offer some kind of relief.

Hugs, Prayers, and Luck,
Char
Unread 02-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Hello

I saw that you commented on my post, so I thought I would see what is going on with you. It sounds like we are experiencing the same thing. I had hardly any bleeding after my hyst, just some old brown stuff and discharge. Lastnight was the first sign of any new blood for me. It does seem like Aunt Flo is back, just lighter and no cramps! It really freaks me out. I don't want to go backwards, I am sure you relate.

Hopefully, we will both get through this and move on to better times. Please keep me updated on how you are doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2007, 02:44 PM

Same thing here... nothing until yesterday. Light flow .. no cervix though. /shrug I am waiting to see if it slows down and /or stops!
Unread 02-21-2007, 02:57 PM

Hi MzPitt,

In my opinion, it may or may not be a mini-period.

I have seen several cervix-retaining ladies on past threads post that they had some spotting for up to 6 weeks post-op. Some ladies reported that they did not have any immediate spotting after surgery and then it started 1-3 weeks into recovery. So try not to worry.

If it does turn out to be a mini-period, you might ask your Dr. if he does post-op cauterization. It is generally done as an outpatient in a Dr's office.

If the bleeding continues, you might want to contact your Dr. - just to be on the safe side.

Sending best wishes~

Mary
Unread 02-21-2007, 03:21 PM

I would definitely contact the doctor to confirm that everything is ok. I kept my cervix also but I am only post-op 2 weeks so I will have to wait and see but I am under the impr ession mini periods meaning probably only needing light days pads. Best wishes to everyone.
Unread 02-21-2007, 06:49 PM

I kept my cervix too. I am 3.5 weeks post op and so far haven't had any bleeding, just a little spotting in the hospital. I will really freak out if I do start bleeding soon! I would say call your doctor, I know I will if I start just to make sure that's what it is.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register