Rescheduling Question...HELP long post | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Rescheduling Question...HELP long post Rescheduling Question...HELP long post

Unread 02-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Rescheduling Question...HELP long post

Big sighhhhh...... I decided in October to become a punctured princess. A date was made for December, one week before Christmas. We found out my step mom was terminal and that that would be her last holiday, so I rescheduled for March. I'm working around college kid's breaks as they will be helping run their siblings around. Asked my GYN"s nurse in December about leakage, and she had me come in late January. The GYN referred me to a urogyn. Urogyn needs to do more tests to see if he needs to do anything, but said to go ahead with the hysterectomy. Posted here and general consensus was to wait and have testing done. I have the first of the tests done Tuesday, which is two weeks from my surgery. Talked with DH and we agreed if urogyn thinks he needs to do something, I only want one surgery date, not two. So after this very long post (sorry, but felt I needed to give the info), is two weeks not enough time to reschedule? And, since this is the second reschedule, will they think that's bad? My GYN is great, his nurse, not so great. I've had issues with her before, and have to say, I'm afraid of ticking her off royally. Which I know is stupid. But also, the new date would have to be June as I know the urogyn won't get everything done till April or May, and May is a busy month for me. And again, I apologize, but any help sisters is more than greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Hey honey,

I do not think two weeks is too short notice to make a reschedule. This is YOUR health and you need to do what feels right to you. There is always another patient willing to slip into your spot. My hysterectomy happened early due to a cancelation, which I was extremely greatful for. You certainly are not the first to reschedule more than once. Remember...sometimes the DR will reschedule more times than that and we (the patient) have to understand.

Take care and do what feels necessary for you,

Patti
Unread 02-22-2007, 08:38 PM

I don't think 2 weeks is a problem. They will fill the spot with someone on their cancellation list/urgent list.
Also, they will sometimes have to cancel a surgery with really short notice because of illness etc so I would think 2 weeks is plenty of time.
I'm not sure that it really matters that this will be the 2nd time you cancel. It IS your health so do what's best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2007, 09:09 PM

Ditto what the others said....This is one time when you have to care for YOU first, and if that ticks someone off then boo hoo for them!!! Please don't let someone elses bad attitude jeopardize your health....If the receptionist gets nasty, just come here and we'll love on you empathize with you, and plot how we can gang up on the meanie and make her be nice to you!
Janice
Unread 02-23-2007, 05:43 AM

Yep, I agree. Two weeks is plenty of time. At the office I work for we have people cancel the day before and sometimes even ON the day itself. I think they would appreciate the two week notice. Plus, it makes PERFECT sense to want everything done in one surgery. I am sure they''ll understand. And like Shalom said, if they don't understand, don't you worry about it. You do what's best for you.
Unread 02-23-2007, 09:57 PM

Thanks so much everyone. I know I need to do what is best for me, and you've given me the courage, should I need to reschedule. With all of you behind me, she can't knock me down too far!
Unread 02-23-2007, 10:03 PM

Absolutely two weeks is plenty of time to reschedule. If the dr's nurse gives you a hard time I would speak to the dr. I understand how you feel about honkerblonking her off but she should have a much better bedside manner if she wants to work in a doctor's office. You should also explain to the dr and nurse if you want to that you would only like to do one surgery, if they can't understand that too bad. Who would ever do two separate surgeries on purpose. You will have a lot of support from us so make the best decision for you. Lots of luck and best wishes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register