First treatment | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First treatment First treatment

Unread 02-22-2007, 12:04 PM
First treatment

I did my first treatment yesterday. They told me we weren't starting til after surgery but, i guess this is the new plan. I guess i feel more vulnerable because i am in the castle, and I can't go home.

waiting for surgery bites. I'm exhausted by chemo, i don't wish it on anyone. It burns, and i can feel it in me, is this normal?

my dh and i thank you all for being with us through this. You have become the light in my day, all of you, I am lost with out you.

Wid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2007, 12:17 PM
First treatment

Widow, you are in the castle and can't get out. You've even been to the torture chamber already. My heart is with you.

My chemo hasn't burned anytime, but I do feel it 'hitting' my system, some drugs more than others. As you progress with treatments and the toxicity increases that may increase as well. Take care and keep up your spirits. You'll be back home in no time and on familiar territory in no time.
Unread 02-22-2007, 12:21 PM
First treatment

We're right here with you Widow, I'm virtually holding your hand as you read this!

I've read your PM and am honoured to know you, you're more than welcome, I'm so glad you were 'lifted'.

Keep the faith girl, you CAN do this, we know you can.
It's got to be frustrating not being able to leave the castle, but you are there for a reason, retreat is not an option!

When you're dancing with NED, all this will be worth it.

Take care, Blessings to you

Hazel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2007, 12:41 PM
First treatment

Widow,
so the assault has begun on the nasty cancer cells! May this chemo and any other treatment you receive do their job.

I am sure you have talked with them about the way it felt going in. It may be the chemo agent you are receiving.

Hang in there, it may get a little rocky before it gets better, but in the end, it is worth it (for me it was).

s
Jane
Unread 02-22-2007, 12:46 PM
First treatment

Widow! I am so glad you posted. I've been worried sick about you! We are all right there with you, holding your hand and praying for you. I know in my heart that things will get better for you and you definately deserve it. to you!

Wendy
Unread 02-22-2007, 01:23 PM
First treatment

Hi Widow,
As you see, you already have many "sisters" right there in spirit with you; I suspect your room and the hall ways soon will be getting very crowded.
I am sorry the chemo seems to burn,etc and I am sure you advised your docs re this. I do recall a friend who has been thru various chemos as the nasty disease has resurfaced several times for her, said she felt burning sessations with some of her chemo. I hope subsequent treatments becomes less taxing and more comfortable for you. Remember that they are zapping those nasty cancer cells.
My prayers remain with you.
s
peggiesue
Unread 02-22-2007, 01:29 PM
First treatment

Hon, please be sure to tell the docs how the chemo felt going in. They may be able to give you something to be a little more comfy during future treatments.

So happy you had a moment to post! I too have been worried about what happened. Are they moving your surgery up? Or do they have you admitted as precaution with the treatments?
Unread 02-22-2007, 01:39 PM
First treatment

The surgery will be done as soon as my pottasuim levels stay good, chemo was agreed upon because the cancer is advanced. we need to get on it.

I am so glad to be able to be online sometimes. But even if I can't get on line ladies, I write out my journal and my dh posts it, At least every second day. I promise to keep in touch. Thank you all.
Unread 02-22-2007, 01:46 PM
First treatment

Stay strong Widow! You have our love and support and will always be here when you need us!
Unread 02-22-2007, 02:11 PM
First treatment

I've been reading your journal entries and applaud how creative you are. You are helping many of us too, as we help you.

Please keep us posted on how you are feeling -- and let us know the plans. Hang in there!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register