Any April 9 Surgeries? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any April 9 Surgeries? Any April 9 Surgeries?

Unread 02-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

Just curious if there was anyone out there scheduled for surgery on April 9. Might ease some of the tension to count down together and share notes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

Hi Pink Monkey--I'm scheduled for April 9th too..Oh happy days! Very nervous about the whole thing. I'm still in the process of getting all the appointments, blood donations and consultation set up. I have so many questions and concerns. I found out on the same day I was told that I needed a TAH that I also have Fatty Liver Disease and that my future would be a liver transplant if I didn't change my evil ways and loose a lot of weight. So, I'm in the middle of a life style change. Not such a bad thing if the outcome is good. I'm working on keeping a positive attitude, looking forward to a new me when all of this is over.
Keep in touch! Nice to have someone along for the ride with me.
Unread 02-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

Yay, a hysterectomy friend!!! I am not so nervous about my surgery, believe it or not. I have had abnormal bleeding for 6 years, had 3 ob/gyns in this time, and my dr. now is the first one not to tell me that "that's just how my body works", and "well, that's just too bad". So I'm ready to go and be done with the bleeding! What is your story?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2007, 07:08 AM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

I'm going to be 49 very soon and have been experiencing lots of perimenopose symptoms for a while. I've had shooting pains during ovulation for years and have learned to deal with that pain. In June I started to bleed--alot. Then I didn't stop for weeks at a time. A few months later I started to get a period every 2 weeks, sometimes 9 days apart. I knew something was wrong. I had waited over 9 months to get an appointment with a new doctor, so I already had that scheduled and in September I saw my primary care doctor. We started a whole sequence of test, blood, urine, pelvic sonograms, etc. She found a polyp on my cervix and sent me to the gyn. He removed it and then said I needed a uterine biopsy. He said when he removed the polyp and sent if off to be analyzed that some tissue came off that shouldn't have. I think he new then that we had a problem. My biopsy came back that I had pre-cancer. He called and told me that I had a 50% chance of getting uterine cancer in the very near future and my only option was an TAH BSO. He said I had some very large fibroids and that my uterus was very large.

On a personal note, I've been married almost 31 years. I have a daughter that is 28--she is expecting our first grandchild in August. I have a son--who is 26. I have so much in my life to be grateful for. Great family, friends and really a great life. I'm off to Sandpoint, Idaho in March for my annual girlfriends party . One last good time before my surgery. I'm really looking forward to being away from work for 2 months also. I manage a dental practice.

So now your turn, tell me more about yourself. Take care also.
Unread 02-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

Well, 6 years ago I started spotting regularily. I'd have a period for 7 days, spot for 14, have 7 days off. I was on the bc pill at the time. I switched pills. Several times. Had 2 babies in this time, tried Mirena IUD, Depo-Provera, diaphragm, every combination of BC pills known to man, nothing stopped the bleeding. And of course, every dr. I saw told me, "You're young, you're fine, you're just going to have to deal with this. Some people's bodies just work this way, and you're one of the unlucky ones." When we moved to our current area, I saw a new ob/gyn, and he asked me specific questions that a dr. had never asked me before. I found out that my periods are definetely not a normal flow. (Who knows what "normal" flow is if no one tells you!) He said that it is not normal to have such heavy periods, to spot for so long, and I shouldn't have to deal with it. Since I was done having children, he suggested the NovaSure procedure. I had that done in Aug. 06. He also took at peek at my bladder since I have very frequent UTIs, and saw that I have bladder ulcers. I've waited 6 months for NovaSure to do it's thing, and so far, no success. I have lighter periods, but still spotting most days. I also had the Essure procedure done at the same time as the NovaSure (Essure is tubal implants for birth control). I had to have a dye test with ultrasound to make sure that the Essure procedure worked, and when I had that done, my dr. noticed a whole area on the front of my uterus that the NovaSure didn't respond to. It was all scar tissue from my 2 C-Sects. In my last appt. he offered several alternatives to TAH, but said that I was not an excellent candidate for any, judging by my previous experience with NovaSure and my scar tissue. And to be honest, I'm sicking of dealing with my uterus and ready to see it go!

I am 26 years old, I have 2 children, 18 months and almost 4. I am a military wife and a stay at home mom. My husband and I have been married for 7 years. (Do the math, I got married young!!!) I am a little nervous that my ovaries will shut down after TAH (because I am keeping both of them) and being thrown into menopause at 26, but I guess it's my only option, because I can't live like this anymore. Great to meet you, QueenJP!
Unread 02-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

Your have really been through it. I think your quality of life will be so much better. So young to have to make such a big decision. I would hate for my daughter to have to face that. I hope you have lots of support and help. With 2 small children and a military husband, you have some major commitments. From all I have read your ovaries might go to sleep for a little while but hopefully, you won't have to worry about HRT yet. You sound like you have a great positive attitude. Just think how much better you will feel. Stay in touch.
Unread 03-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

I go April 9th too! Was suppose to go Feb 12th but I had to have a Diagnostic Laproscopy and D&C plus a Hysterscopy instead on the 12th, I am still recovering a little from those procedures. I had a really high heart rate after that suregry anywhere between 1140-152 and they are not sure why. I am 33 and should not have all these dang problems. But I am glad I am going in on the 9th. I am scared because of the issues last time though. I still have some pulling pain at my incsion sites, and they have to be re-opened for this surgery. They say I will stay overnight this time, so maybe I won't have as many problems. I am glad we can keep each other company until we go!
Unread 03-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

Hi there, nice to meet you too. As with so many other ladies at this site, you sound like you've had a rough time of it. Why didn't they just do your hysterectomy when you went in on the 12th? Were they hoping to avoid it because you are so young?

I have found this site to be so informative and helpful. My apprehension and anxiety lessens everyday with the helpful information I've read here. I like to know as much as possible and with so many stories here, I think I am well prepared.

Keep in touch along this journey. Tell me what type of procedures are you having. You take care and I love talking to ladies all over the place.

Unread 03-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

TLVH is what I am having. I am keeping my ovaries. But I guess they will be in "shock" for awhile so I am not looking forward to that at all. Also what scares me is the "Vaginal Cuff" not really sure if I know what that is and how that is going to feel. And to anwser your question queenjp yes it was because of my age even though I have a 14,15 and 16 year old they think I might change my mind. Umm I am on the home strech, lol a baby right now, no I am looking forward to a little one on one time in a few years with Dh. Besides it's not to far out when there will be grandkids, and those I can give back! LOL I told my insurance I have 3 teenagers they fight about cars clothes phones money. No I am done, just take it. It was hard enough to come to this descision. It's not a walk in the park!
Unread 03-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

Sisters do you realize that we have to do our bowel prep if we have one and our fasting the day before is Easter! Now that is just wrong. I can't eat no ham or nothing but I have to cook it! No Easter candy, no chocolate Bunny! Darn it all. I just figured that out. DH is laughing, I am going to slap him I think, LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register