Any April 9 Surgeries? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any April 9 Surgeries? Any April 9 Surgeries?

Unread 03-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

Hi to the new sisters having surgery on April 9th. Hope all is proceeding as expected. I'm sure everyone is starting the count down, I know I am. I have one more pint of blood to donate for my surgery, then all I need is pre-op. It seems like we have been waiting forever. I am going on a girls trip to Idaho next week and when I return it will be less than 2 weeks for surgery. My liver MRI came back--my cyst is benign- Boy, was I relieved. Well take care to all of you and I'll be talking to you soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2007, 07:21 AM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

Pink Monkey- Moody AFB as a whole is good, Valdosta is a great little-big town. The locals are very friendly and there is a great amusement park right here in town. Not a huge Six Flags or anything, but a very nice park. I've never been to Cannon myself, but I know lots of others that have been and seems anything would be an improvement.

As for my surgery, I got a call yesterday from the doctor's office. My referral downtime was not specific to a hysterectomy (how did I know that was the proceedure the doctor would recommend?), TriCare won't even look at it. So now I have to go back to my Primary Care Manager and get a new referral and then get back to him. This will take weeks and by the time I get it my husband will be deployed and I will have to wait until early winter to have my surgery. So, unfortunately, I am not an April 9 surgery anymore!
Unread 03-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

iceydweller! iam sorry, I went through something like that too. I was a Feb12th Sister but insurance cancled at my pre-op! Now I am having heart problems, I have to have a TEE to see if I have a Hole in my heart, Yeah! So my date, once again depends on other issues, keep your fingers crossed Sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

I'm sorry you are both going through such grief. It takes so much time to make sure all is set up and then to have something fall through. I guess you just have to have faith that it is all happening for a reason.... and it is all a part of a master plan. Tonight my sister in law gave birth.... it was strange sitting next to her thinking here your body works just fine and your using your god given organs and I'm weeks away from having it all taken out. I can only think right now there is a bigger picture and I can't see it now. I have my beautiful kids and I need to plan for a better future for ME! I hope you both can find your way through this mess.
denise
Unread 03-26-2007, 10:34 AM
2 weeks away

well ladies its only two weeks away... i dont knowq about you all but my head is swimming with things to do. I'm busy today making sure every one is paid (for the plastic surgery part) and co pays. Scheduling last minute things like hair and a massage. Last week my plastic surgeon said he did not feel comfortable doing my breasts during the hyster and tummy tuck, he said its too much surgery and he thinks i should wait to see what my lower half looks like before deciding what to do with my breasts. So I guess I should just be happy for getting the tummy tuck. My husband and I went to Lest Dish and made 24 meals and brought them home to freeze, so dinners are now taken care of. Now I need to go shopping for hospital goodies.... and prepare my recovery room..What else is everyone else doing to plan and keep busy??? Hope your all well.
Denise
Unread 03-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

2 weeks, I am scared. I really hope I don't have the issues I had with the last surgery. Maybe it was just a fluke, but my heart rate is still very high at 110. Did you know you can have a Heart Ablation? I just found that out also. 2 weeks to get everything ready, where to start? I haven't had any time with ER visits and tests. But I guess they think surgery will be ok for me. So now I have to get everything ready. My pre-op is the 4th, when is everyone elses?
Unread 03-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

my pre op is in two days on Wed. March the 28th, I have to have a full cardiac work up since I have high bp and im on daily meds. Then I see my GYN on the 5th to sign papers and finnish any unanswered questions. Try not to be worried, easier said then done, stay positive....denise
Unread 03-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

I got cleared for my Surgery! I really didn't think I would. Now I am even more scared, I wonder if I had a reaction to the general or was it all heart related, but if they say I am good for surgery I am good right? Boy do I have a ton of pre- op questions for my doc April 4th!
Unread 03-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

great im glad you got cleared, isnt april 4th cutting it a little close for your surgery date? my doc said he wanted it done (blood work) two weeks before, in case something was not right....just wondering
i just cant believe its so close....i keep telling myself this time in two weeks it will be all over....
gotta run and start packing my husband planned a quick trip away for a few days we are going to the grand canyon it will be a first....
denise
Unread 03-27-2007, 07:54 AM
Any April 9 Surgeries?

Hello sisters, I just got back from a trip to Idaho with my girlfriends. Lots of shopping and talking--great stress breaker before surgery. I see you all have been very busy while I was gone. I donated my final pint of blood last week before my trip and have a final consultation with my doctor tomorrow, blood work, ekg, etc...then next week I have a preop at the hospital. It all seems to be coming quicker than I can prepare for. When I originally got the surgery date it seemed so far away. I'm making list of all the things I need to do before the 9th. So back to work I go for the final few days--take care to you all!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register