Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Unread 02-26-2007, 12:00 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

Note: This thread is not for chit-chat. It is not a chatroom. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2007, 11:07 PM

I had my surgery on Tuesday and I am doing pretty good. The only pain I am having is gas. I did have it vaginally so I don't have to worry about an inciscion. They did find cervical cancer though. I won't know if they got it all for several days. I am in shock. I have had dysplasia on and off for a year but can't beleive it is cancer. If anyone else had this happen to them, please email me. I am a little crazy.
Unread 03-02-2007, 05:35 AM

Had my TAH on Monday, the 26th. I woke up in a lot of pain that I hadn't expected. The morphine took care of most of that. I really could not have prepared myself for this type of pain. I have been through childbirth naturally and with an epidural, but nothing compares to this. However, it does ease up and is it worth it? YES. The pain and aggravation that I was having with my periods will be gone now and after I get through this first week of pain, I'm sure I will feel much better. To those of you going in soon, a TAH is very painful, but it will be worth the pain in the long run. Here's to feeling better each day and the future of being embarassment and pain free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2007, 03:10 PM
All Done!

Hi everyone! I am all done! I went into surgery at 5:00ish on Feb. 28th and was home by noon on the 29th. I had no problem urinating at all, I was worried about that. Doc said he found a couple of surprises in there. During my initial exam he commented that my uterus was NOT enlarged and that he felt no other lumps or bumps. The reason for my TVH was complex hyperlasia, extreme pain duirng my period and excessive bleeding and clotting. Well after surgery I guess he found a fibroid on the back side of my uterus, a cyst on one of my ovaries that he drained, and my uterus was enlarged to about a 10-12 week size and elongated. So in many ways that is a relief for me as now I know that this was absolutely the right decision for me.

I am feeling great! In fact it is a bit scary. I have very mild cramping at times and I do experience mild gas pains. But other than that I feel like nothing was done. So I have to be extra careful as I know that I am the type to overdo it...I just keep reminding myself that I just had major surgery and I need to let my body heal.

I hope all my other sisters are doing well and allowing others to pamper them as I am.

Many Hugs
Teench
Unread 03-02-2007, 06:42 PM

Hi all! So glad to hear all of you are recovering so well!

I had my TAH - LSO on Wed, 2/28 at 8:30 am. Was in recovery by 9:45 and into my room by 10:30. Surgery went as planned, no surprises for the doctor. It was a surprise for me however, to wake up in so much pain! BUT as soon as I woke they were asking about my pain level. I told them it hurt and right away they put something in my IV to take most of the pain away. And that level of pain has not returned. No problems urinating or even with bowel movements. Only some cramping, light spotting & tiredness. It hurts to cough which is inconvenient but I never thought recovery would be this nice. I am still taking it easy though!

Oh, I did learn that I am allergic to Ibuprofin. Who would have thought you would learn about something like that at 31?? I had never taken it before. I always take Tylenol or Advil! So my face swelled, my nose was red and huge and it was hard to breathe! But once that was out of my body, It's been smooth sailing.

Hope all is as well for my sisters!! Keep us posted.
Unread 03-02-2007, 07:43 PM
To Angeldawn

Hi Angeldawn! I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well. I just have a couple quick questions for you. First what type of hysterectomy did you have? You state a TAH in the body of your message, but at the bottom it says TVH...I'm just wondering if that is something that changed for you last minute.

Also you mentioned that you found out you are allergic to Ibuprofen while in the hospital, but that you have taken Tylenol and Advil in the past without any problem. I just wanted to let you know that Ibuprofen is the generic form of Advil, so if you are allergic to one you will be allergic to both. So you might want to check with your doctor as to what it is exactly that you had an allergic reaction to in the hospital.

Hope you heal well and fast
Many Hugs
Teench
Unread 03-03-2007, 07:07 PM

Teench - Thanks! I had a TVH LSO. Sorry, for the confusion in my earlier post - I'm on pain pills! Ibuprofen was the only thing I had taken that day that I had not taken before. I did talk to my doctor about it and he was the one that told me to quit taking it because I was having an allergic reaction. I'm guessing maybe the reason I had a reaction to that and not Advil was because of the strong dosage. They were giving me 600mg tablets and regular Advil has less than 200mg. ??? I'm just glad it's over!

Thanks so much for the well wishes! Many many back to all of you!!
Unread 03-04-2007, 11:35 AM

I had my davinci robotic laparscopic tah (kept ovaries) on Monday, Feb 26th. I woke up in pain, but in good spirits - even joking with hospital staff. Unfortunately, due to several minor complications, I was held in recovery for 6 hours and not released to go home until the following day around 12:30pm. It turned out for the best however, I felt much better being monitored and having my husband in a hospital bed next to me until I was released. Never imagined however, the amount of gas pains and bloating that I would experience. I with the assistance of "smooth move" laxative tea was able to initiate normal regular bowel movements. And as of today, 6 days later, I feel so good, especially since I finally heeded my nurse's advice to lie with a heating pad on my tummy - I'm in virtually no pain. Just mental anguish realizing - I'm not really allowed to do anything for the next couple of weeks. But I'm thankful for the love of my dh, family and friends - they have been my saviors - cooking homeade meals for a week now for me and dh, flowers, edible arrangements, cards, calls, well wishes. I'm happy!
Unread 03-04-2007, 11:37 AM

Angel...So glad to hear that you talked to your doc. Yes the Ibuprofen in the hospital is stronger than OTC. I am taking Ibuprofen and Tylenol during the day and the pain meds (percocet) at night and I am having ringing in the ears due to the ibuprofen...bummer!

Heal well
Hugs
Teench
Unread 03-04-2007, 11:59 AM

Hi, all! I had my LSH on the 27th; and things went so well for me! They actually were able to start my surgery early!

I woke up in recovery and was surprised - I thought I would be in so much more pain than I was in. Turns out surgery lasted twice as long as it normally would have; because once my Dr. got in there, she found severe endometriosis, on top of the original problems (the original reason I was having the hyst. was severe menorrhagia, and if I may be unscientific - very weird looking endometrium that was biopsied and found not to be cancerous). She told Ron when she came out and talked to him after the surgery (and me later) that I had definitely made the right decision to have the surgery now. My whole pelvis was a mess, she said, full of scar tissue from the enometriosis. She ended up making an extra laparoscopic incision to deal with it all.

So I feel very vindicated in my decision, and even more blessed that after all that digging around, I'm in as little pain as I am. I was sitting up in a chair as soon as I got to my room from Recovery; and the pain was very manageable with Toradol and some Dilaudid to bridge through the night. I only felt nauseous the one time, and the Zofran helped. (I think I sat up a little too long first thing). I was up walking the next day quite a lot, and they let me take a shower. The only thing that kept me at the hospital 'til early evening was - you guessed it - waiting to toot! But I did, and I'm home, and everyone's taking very good care of me!

I wish the same loving care for all my Hystersisters!

Love, Midgie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register