Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Unread 03-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Rakenjake, thanks for your response...so walking does not do any harm...is that right? Are you doing anything else apart from daily walks?

Take care.

Angelika
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2007, 03:51 PM

Angelika,
Not really just slow walking when I can. I overdid it today so did not walk. But tommorow is another day.
RACHEL
Unread 03-21-2007, 05:55 PM

Rakenjake- I had a vag hyst/bladder work too. It still gets uncomfortable if I sit too long but from all I have read that is to be expected for quite awhile-it takes all those tissues awhile to heal . I think we are all impatient to get our energy and back to activities but through the feedback from the "sisters" here on this site, it has helped me to be more patient and not overdo(most days!). Hope the antibiotics do the trick and you're feeling better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2007, 08:31 PM

Greetings Ladies,
I too, have been doing some walking. About 10 minutes at a time. I like to walk to the neighbors to see their horses. So I've been doing that a couple of times a day. I was so excited--today I taught my class a church. I have grades 1 & 2. I only have 3 kids so it isn't a whole lot of work. And at that age they like to help out. They were so excited to see me & welcomed me back with hugs--it really made me so happy.
I'm still having hot flashes. I've been pre-menopause for 10 years. I've been taking soy for them. Since the surgery (I kept my ovaries) they seem to be a little more frequent especially at night. But I'll take them over the pain I was in any day.
I hope all of you have a wonderful day!
Chris at the Zoo
Unread 03-21-2007, 09:01 PM

I had my 2-week follow-up yesterday. The doctor said everything I was hoping to hear....everything looks good, all the cancer was in the uterus, all lymph node/tissue tested negative, and I don't have to have radiation or any further treatment.

Now I'm going to go enjoy the rest of my recovery time and get my energy back.

Hope others have good follow-up visits, too!
Unread 03-21-2007, 10:33 PM

Hello to all.
Thanks for the information that you provide and for keeping me in your thoughts. I was so excited that I went one week without going to the MD. So much for that good luck. I went to the doctor on 3-20 with a constant stomach ache, pain under my ribs and lower back pain (like menstrual cramps). The MD prescribed prevacid and sucralfate to help with a "sunburned stomach." He said it has been from all the pain meds that I have had. Sometimes I feel so nauseated that if I had my uterus I would think I was pregnant (lol). I am not having quite as many hotflashes but enough that I feel either sweaty or in a cold sweat. My MD also said no driving yet. This is my biggest challenge. Trying to get kids to daycare and preschool. My oldest daughter walks to school so that is one I don't have to find transportation for. It is also very difficult to do all this sitting. I joined one of those movie clubs that sends you movies after you send one off. It is fun getting to watch movies with little or no distractions. I am so glad I have this website to go to for information. Being only 31, I don't know many women my age that have experienced this kind of surgery. Most of my co-workers that have had a hysterectomy date back 10-20 years before mine. I have told them about this site so hopefully they can share their experiences too.
Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with me.
Oh yeah--since I had such a rough first two weeks post surgery, MD thinks I will be off for 8 wks instead of just 6. I push patients on carts and in wheelchairs, too much of a risk for now.
Have a great day tomorrow and sleep tight.
Unread 03-22-2007, 09:01 AM

Hi sisters,
Well, my experiment with a bit more activity is going well so far (I'm on post op day 22). My head definitely feels less fuzzy than a week ago and there is less fatigue. I was getting stressed worrying about going back to work with a fuzzy brain and everyone expecting me to be my regular "super-efficient" self. (I am hoping to take back a bit of the more relaxed me to work but you know how that goes...)

zucru4- I too have experienced tons more night sweats since surgery-I was 2 years post menopause and was only having them once or twice a month preop, taking soy, vit B50,E, calcium etc. I am trying to wear lighter clothes at night, using layers of bedding so I can throw off what I don't need, keep a cold glass of ice water on my nightstand for sips as I wake up. Got a great tip from a hystersister about putting some damp washclothes in the freezer-they feel great on the back of my neck when I get a "power surge" . I am hoping things settle down again in the weeks ahead.

jetams- Good to hear from you! Hang in there. Be sure not to have an empty stomach, small portions but more frequent help (believe it or not, empty doesn't make the nausea better). I know we all like to be independent and not ask for help but this is the time to reach out- try to call the preschool/school office or class mothers or local church to seek some help with the transportation. Most people are willing to help if we ask. You are in my prayers. Each week will get better!
Unread 03-22-2007, 10:48 AM

Today has been a tough day. I didn't get much sleep last night. I have had so much pain from my belly button down to my pubic bone that I have taken my pain meds again. I am also taking it easy today...couch only and pj day!! My mom came to get the kids today and a preschool mom is picking up my daughter today. I have to remind myself to take one day at a time. I want to feel better and fast but it seems like my body says differently. I think it is just all the work they did after the hysterectomy. Second degree repairs must take awhile to heal.
Unread 03-22-2007, 11:49 AM

Hi jetams,

I too had a bad day myself. I am in the second week. Yesterday I went for a 10min walk, came home and did the dishes. Later in the day I really suffered and had a bad pulling pain sensation. Today I have had to rest completely and the antibiotics of two kinds are not helping in my recovery. I feel groggy and irratible!

I find it so hard to cope with the fact that I cannot do anything yet without experiencing problems the following day. It is torture. I have been a pain to my partner and I feel so bad about it. So I really do understand what you are going through. It must be very hard having children to look after as well. I feel for you.

Take care and keep in touch.

Angelika
Unread 03-22-2007, 11:53 AM

Hi Elllen54, my message to Jetams may be of some comfort to you.

Take care and know we are going through this together.

Angelika

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register