Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Unread 03-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Teench,

I had that same problem with the ringing in the ears! My Dr gave me percacet but it made my head feel funny and I had this weird vibrating/throbbing feeling in my ears. So he switched me to Darvacet which has been great. But thankfully, I've only had to take one or two a day. I have been so blessed as I know this could have been much more uncomfortable! I'm so glad to hear you are doing good as well!

Take care girls - and NO OVERDOING IT even if you feel ok - you're not healed yet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:34 PM

Hi to all. Well, I'm glad so many of you are doing so well. I, however am not feeling so great. I had a TAH with ovaries out as well on the 28th and along with the pain of the surgery, I now have HORRID gas pain! I have tried the Smooth Moves tea, heating pad, Gas X...my gosh...I need help bad. Anyone have any suggestions???? It would REALLY be appreciated!
Unread 03-04-2007, 05:51 PM

Tillyz,

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time! I know that lying down at least keeps the gas pains centralized in the abdomen area where if you stand you can get sharp pains in your shoulders and neck. Also, I'm sure you already know but no straws or carbonated beverages. I wasn't having any gas pains and then last night I had a sprite and today I'm having gas pains! I thought after 4 days it would be okay, but I guess not. I hope something works for you quick so you can get some relief!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Slowing coming along.

Well my surgery was on Monday the 26th at 7am. Originally it was suppose to be TAH but instead he did a TVH. I still can't believe he left the questionable ovary in. Oh well just more test at physicals I will need.

My home help has turned out to be, non existent. My girls have helped out as much as they can, but everyone else has fallen through. So I'm just letting things go so til I feel I can do them.

I too have had problems with gas, but mostly when I am having a bowel movement. Luckily with the walking I HAVE to do, it's been helping in that department. But all in all I can't complain too much. I'm just glad it's finally over.
Unread 03-05-2007, 06:09 AM

I had a partial vaginal hyst (uterus only...don't know the abbrev...sorry!) on tuesday the 27th. I honestly felt horrid that day unfortunately when I woke up. I had a horrible side effect to the general anesthesia, so I was getting sick the rest of the day (surgery was at 9:30am), and all that night. They kept giving me meds for vomiting, but nothing seemed to help. Finally around 3am I stopped, and immediately started feeling better. By 10:30am the 28th they discharged me!!! The hospital said that I could stay the rest of the day if I felt I needed to, and I said no way, I want to go home! It's so much easier, at least in my opinion, to rest and recover at home!
My pain has not been too bad. Of course it was magnified when I was sick at the hospital, but since I've been home I've just been taking 800 of ibuprofen. Of course the first few days I had to take it more often, but now I'm down to taking it in the morning, and evening!! YAY!
As far as bleeding, I am shocked that I'm not bleeding already. At the hospital I was minimally, but after a few days it totally stopped. I just don't know how to handle myself thinking I'll never have to deal with the bleeding and pain down there ever! The only time I start to have more pain is when I'm overdoing it. Which isn't hard with a 3 1/2 yr old and a 2 year old! My hubby went back to work today (monday), but my mom took off some time to be able to help. She's going to do the driving to take my daughter to pre k, and if I need anything else.
The major thing I have noticed is how tired I get. I wake up feeling wonderful, and then I just crash. I guess each day I seem to make it a little longer before I crash. Almost every single day since I've been home I take a afternoon nap, which seems to help. Some days I feel like going right back to sleep though when I get up from my nap. I know that will get better with time.
I wish all of you a speedy recovery, and less pain and bleeding with each passing day. Take Care!!!
Unread 03-05-2007, 07:38 AM

Thanks Angeldawn,
I tried the Smooth Moves tea again out of desperation and it did settle the pain down at least. Whoever thought that passing gas would be such a big topic of conversation
Anyway, I'm feeling better in that repect and the rest will be a day at a time. Reading posts on this site is awesome...I think if I had not found this site, I would have been and still would be terrified and worried. I'm sure I will be on here a lot over the next several weeks so will see you later and thanks again.
Unread 03-05-2007, 06:29 PM

I had my surgery early Friday March 2nd, and I was home by 10:30am Sunday. Everything went very well and, other than gas cramps and occasional nausea, I feel pretty good. I'm actually surprised how easy everything went. I do take it easy most of the day, but I find that I have WAY more energy then I have had the last few months. My DH and children have been wonderful with making sure that I have everything I need. My DH even cleaned the house (bathrooms too!) before I came home.
I started Estradiol (1mg) Saturday, and so far am not having any problems with it.
I hope everyone else is doing well.
Unread 03-05-2007, 09:27 PM

I had my surgery on Friday and got home about 5:00pm Sunday.
Overall the surgery went well, I'm home, getting lots of rest and feeling stronger and better each hour. There were a few interesting developments in the process though. My surgery was scheduled for 11:20, so I was not to drink any fluids after midnight. Well I go to bed at 10:00 so my last water was then. The surgery was delayed until 3:00pm, and they didn't get the IV going until 1:30pm, so I was seriously dehydrated, and it took them 7 attempts to get it in. After the second failed try, I became hysterical, which made it even harder. Once they got the fluids and drugs flowing, the surgery went fine. When I woke up and they put me in my room, my BP was 83/43 and my temp. was 95. I started to shake uncontrollably and they were afraid that I was going into shock. They were able to get me stabilized pretty quickly. My room was in the maternity ward, so I had the room to myself, and it was nice and quit. I'm really glad to be home and have it over with. Now we just need to wait for the pathology report.

Linda
Unread 03-06-2007, 10:38 AM

i had my hyster on feb. 21, 2006 and i had to have my right ovary remove on feb. 26, 2006. i had a large cyst on it and they found out that the r ovary had attach to my inside. they left the l ovary they said it was healthy. how long do it take to recovery from a ovary removal.
Unread 03-06-2007, 10:40 AM

i had my hyster on feb. 21, 2006 and i had to have my right ovary remove on feb. 26, 2007. i had a large cyst on it and they found out that the r ovary had attach to my inside. they left the l ovary they said it was healthy. how long do it take to recovery from a ovary removal.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register