Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Unread 03-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

I stopped at my work while I was at the MD appt. Everyone was so glad to see me. It was nice to hear how good I looked. I am a little nervous about returning to work since I might not be back to my normal self. I know they will understand but an hour just being at the MD wore me out. I had leg pains again after being up and around for that amount of time. Did anyone or does anyone have this going on while they are back to work? If anyone has any pointers on what to do please let me know. I am on iron pills and have been told I can start walking on my treadmill for about 10 minutes a day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2007, 08:48 PM

Jetams- I would wait if possible.
I returned to work today and it was awful this evening. I plan on not returning until April 9th as I originally requested. My belly is very swollen and I am so exhausted that I keep crying for the smallest things. I feel like I went back 5 days. I returned to save my sick days (single mom) in case my daughters become ill, but it was too hard. rest...rest..rest!
Unread 03-30-2007, 03:36 AM

Good morning Sisters,

Bellatim, yes it is a relatively new operation....apparently it heals quicker them the hysterectomy via the incision. I have yet to see if this is true. At least I won't have problems in the tummy area.

Runplenty, I do feel for you with your swollen tummy....I am sure it will go down eventually but it takes time. Our body takes a while to heal after a major op.

Ellen54, I am rather worried about your 10 hour work day for your first day back at work....are you not able to return part-time for a few days...otherwise I can really see you taken out on a stretcher by the end of the day. Please be careful.

Jetams,

I think you wise, I am starting week 4 of my recovery tomorrow and there is no way I could go back to work let alone drive. I do not get my first check up until week 8! They are very strict about the recovery time especially with the car insurance as well. I would not be covered until I am fully able to twist and turn while I am driving and I know I can't do that yet.

Well, I have noticed I am starting to feel all the muscles now and they feel sore and achy....I guess it is to be expected. There are times when I wish I didn't have the op but I know it had to be done. Yes, I am feeling sorry for myself!

I am really worried about all those who have gone back to work so soon....I can't believe how you will manage. Please be careful.

Take care my sisters.

Keep smiling.

Angelika
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2007, 07:21 AM
Groin Tendon pain ???

Hi all,
Wow I can't believe some of you are going back to work - I would have to wear trackies (sweat pants) if I were to go back now , and I don't know that the boss would think it was appropriate LOL. Remember to rest when you get home after work. I still have 2 more weeks at home.

I had my TAH 4wks ago yesterday:
I was wondering if any of you are having sharp stabbing pains in the tendon near your groin. Well I think it's a tendon . The hard ridge of tissue that joins your leg to your body, and each side of your crutch. Am I being as clear as mud? I am ok in the morning, but by night time it is really quite bad. TBH I don't think I am resting enough during the day . The pain does decrease once I take some pain killers and sit with my legs up - so I really should be doing that sometimes during the day I think. I have been having this for about a week now - since I got the all clear to drive, and haven't been resting enough I suspect.
Apart fromt he tendon/groin pain I am doing really well. Swelling belly is rather depressing, but I am trying to not think about it too much.

Take Care sisters.
Unread 03-30-2007, 08:55 AM

Hi Jetams,

I, too, have dealt with leg pains/cramps since surgery. The doctor has done every kind of test on them to rule out dvt, etc. and mine are clear. They informed me that the position they had me in during my lavh was at a 45 degree angle...head upside down, butt in the air with legs like a frog in stirrups! Glad there are no pictures of that one!! lol. So our legs have been stretched and manipulated like wild. I have bananas, orange juice and iron pills too. They seem to help. Wouldn't you know it..I ran out of bananas last night. Haven't had my morning banana and the pains have been back a little.

I haven't returned to my job. I am fortunate to have my own business so I can pretty much make appointments with clients when I am up to it. If you don't have to rush back, look into the extended leave of absence for an extra few weeks. Of course, that is if you feel like being home longer. I am ready to get out of the house myself. TVLand has become my best friend during the day. I have gone back to my childhood with 'Leave it to Beaver'! lol

Good Luck and Blessings

LAVH 2/27/06 kept both ovaries
Unread 03-30-2007, 09:16 AM

I had my TAH on Feb 28th. I had internal bleeding afterwards, so I had to have a blood transfusion. I also had a fever that lingered for 5 days. I did not get released until day 5 1/2!
It is week 4 and I still do not feel right. I AM reading all of these posts about how everyone feels just great and getting very frustrated because I dont. I had to go to bed early last night because I think I "tore" something inside. I hurt on my left side all night! I get tired a lot and still cannot stand up straight. I have been doing things, it's notlike I have been laying around, so I figured my recovery would be better. ANYONE EXPERIENCING THIS TOO?
Unread 03-30-2007, 09:27 AM

My nightmares have really reduced this week, too.

The dreams aren't so bad, just really real--I guess vivid is the best word to describe them. And they seem like anxiety dreams. Everything I dream about is me being worried about something or trying to get somewhere and not be late, etc. They're actually pretty funny to tell people about!

It has been 1 month since surgery, and I'm not going back to work for 2 weeks (or maybe next week I'll do some 1/2 days). But I also am working on my PhD, and I need to get back to class on the weekends. So today I will drive 3 hrs rt and have 8 hrs of class this afternoon/evening. It's going to be really draining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen54
Hi all,

I have noticed the last few nights that the night sweats and nightmares have gotten better.I had mentioned it to my MD and she said the nightmares were seen alot from the anesthesia. Still have vivid dreams but not so terrifying. Glad that is letting up! Hope everyone elses sleep is getting better too.

Take care sisters!
Unread 03-30-2007, 09:29 AM

I had headaches too. It is from the hormones. I am exhausted and still in pain too. I am also on week 4. Glad to hear someone else is like me. Everyone else's post are so positive and happy!
Unread 03-30-2007, 10:04 AM

olivegrove - I've had some pains like you described. They were really bad for the last two weeks, and have finally gotten better in the past couple of days. So much healing going on, it is hard to tell what is what! I thought it was my endo acting up again since it fell right with my hormone cycle (still have ovaries). I think we all still need to take it easy, even as we transition back into our normal daily lives.

amytune - sounds like you went through alot after surgery! I'm glad you are back home now and on the mend. Be patient with yourself, everyone heals at thier own rate. I was getting discouraged too sometimes reading everyone's happy posts while I was still feeling pretty bad at 4 weeks and wondering what was up with me; and I didn't even have the complications you had. I finally feel like I turned a corner in these past two days and am starting to feel ok now. You will too, just listen to your body and give it the rest you need. We all support ya!! Please continue to post and let us know how you are doing.
Unread 03-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Groin Tendon pain

OliveGrove, My TAH-BSO was 4 weeks ago today and I'm having a pain that seems just like yours. It's a sharp stabbing, burning pain that seems to be related to tendons or muscles, and certain movements. I go for my post-op on Monday, so I'll ask my Dr. then. For the most part, I'm feeling great. The only other problem I'm having is that I don't seem to have the same bladder sensations as before, it feels like there is always pressure there and that my bladder is never empty. Not overdoing is key. I've got my own business too, so I haven't scheduled any appointments for another week, then it's a short one. The biggest problem is that I don't get any sick pay. To past the time I've taken up Sudoku. It's really addictive, and the time on the sofa flies.
Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivegrove
Hi all,
Wow I can't believe some of you are going back to work - I would have to wear trackies (sweat pants) if I were to go back now , and I don't know that the boss would think it was appropriate LOL. Remember to rest when you get home after work. I still have 2 more weeks at home.

I had my TAH 4wks ago yesterday:
I was wondering if any of you are having sharp stabbing pains in the tendon near your groin. Well I think it's a tendon . The hard ridge of tissue that joins your leg to your body, and each side of your crutch. Am I being as clear as mud? I am ok in the morning, but by night time it is really quite bad. TBH I don't think I am resting enough during the day . The pain does decrease once I take some pain killers and sit with my legs up - so I really should be doing that sometimes during the day I think. I have been having this for about a week now - since I got the all clear to drive, and haven't been resting enough I suspect.
Apart fromt he tendon/groin pain I am doing really well. Swelling belly is rather depressing, but I am trying to not think about it too much.

Take Care sisters.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register