Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Unread 03-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Hi
My TAH was 2/27. I went in around 7:00am and hubby said the doc came to him about an hour and half later. He found polps and cysts that he didn't expect. Everything was removed due to previous breast cancer. Anyway, most of the day was a blur. Pain was manageable. On Wed the gas, bloating and meds caused vomiting for most of the day until about 10:00 that night when I started expelling the gas! Only those that have been there can really appreciate how wonderful that feels! I was released Thurs morning. Still having some difficulty regulating my system but otherwise feeling good. I don't any pain meds! My biggest problem has been regulating my temperature. I'm cold during the day and sweating at night. After talking to others at this site that have had breast cancer it looks as though this my be a side effect of stopping Tamoxifen for the surgery. Hopefully, now that I'm back on it, things will settle down.
Its nice to read about everyone's experiences and realize we are not alone in what we are going through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2007, 03:37 PM

Hello fellow hystersisters!
I had my ab.hyst (kept ovaries) on Thurs 1st March, and was home on the Monday. The surgery day was quite good - I was very anxious about post op pain after an unpleasnt cs experience. Day 2 was not great - vomiting/headache/tears. But since then I feel stronger every day . Like others I am a bit shocked about the lack of bleeding. I keep wanting to put those awful bulky pads in my knickers - it's like I don't trust myself to not flood. I guess I will just have to get used to that !
I am actually feeling so much better than I had expected. I know it's early days, so I am not pushing myself in any way though. DH has 3 wks off work, so he is being "Mr Mum" - gosh I missed cuddling him in bed at night when I was in the castle .

Anyway, I am starting to babble on. Looking forward to sharing our recovery stories.
Take Care everyone, and don't forget to "pamper the princess" (love that saying!).
Unread 03-06-2007, 06:58 PM
post op date Feb 26th

Greetings fellow post op sisters,
I had my vaginal hyst on Mon Feb 26th for uterine prolapse. Also had a urology procedure too.Home the next afternoon. Took gentle care of myself , used my pain meds, let family/friends pamper me the first couple days but..Now on day 8 post op. Mornings seem to be toughest , still crampy,weak, lightheaded, couple of tearful times. I'm a bit anemic post op too.Stopped taking my percocet and switched to Motrin on day 5/6. Thought being more alert would make me feel more like myself but I think I am being unrealisitic as far as taking care of the discomfort. I'm used to being on the go from dawn til bedtime and although I have lots of hobbies/crafts, I am not feeling any interest yet in doing any of that. I'm doing light household stuff-loading dishwasher, folding clothes, not lifting over 5lbs per my MD instructions. A friend told me about this site today and I wish I knew a couple weeks ago. I plan to be much easier on myself tomorrow and I'm sure it will result in a much better day. Thanks for sharing your experiences
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2007, 04:41 AM

I am 9 days post op now and I can't believe the amount of energy. My DH thinks that I am going to hurt myself, but every day I seem to get more energy. I have not felt this good mentally or physically since I was a teenager. This is great! I haven't had any kind of pain or needed any pain meds since 6 days post op. I'm amazed at how good I feel! Getting through the first few days is the hardest part!! I'm so happy I had this done!
Unread 03-07-2007, 09:43 AM

Greetings post op sisters,
Today has started off much better and I really think a lot has to do with the messages I read last night when I first found this web site. Even though our post op experiences are all a bit different, it is so comforting to know our collective energy is supporting us all. Have gotten some great tips especially the GI (gas/BM) system ones which continue to be a bit challenging. Prune juice and I have a close relationship now too. Stool softeners helping too. I have always had problems with constipation and don't want to be straining a lot so will probably keep this regimen going until I get the ok from my MD that healing has taken place. Remember not to overdo!
Unread 03-08-2007, 08:58 AM

Good Morning !
Anyone else dealing with night sweats? I am 2 years post menopause and haven't had them this bad in a couple years. I had a vag hyst but they left my ovaries even though I'm well into menopause. I don't know if the surgery shook up my hormones again or what but I'm going thru 2 sets of clothes each night.
Other than that I can definitely see that I feel stronger each day which feels good. Making sure I put my feet up every couple hours and truly rest for a bit. It's sunny here in the southeast US so I am trying to get some fresh air and sunshine daily too. Hoping you all are having a decent day today
Unread 03-08-2007, 10:23 AM

Ellen54 - Glad you are feeling better today! I've been having night sweats too. I had a vaginal hysterectomy with the removal of one ovary. I get chills so I pile on the blankets. I feel comfortable temperature wise but then wake up with a sweaty shirt! A few people suggested hormones and a couple of others said anethesia will do that as it wears off. ???

I am 8 days post op now and feel pretty good. I have noticed that as I move around more I do have a few cramps and more spotting. But I've never had to wear more than a panty liner so I'm not complaining. I can not believe NO MORE PERIODS!!! No more pads or scheduling trips around my period!! Wondering if it's going to be off a day or two.... I feel FREE!

Take care of yourselves girls!!
Unread 03-08-2007, 05:49 PM

Hi ladies,
Well my 1st week of recovery is over. I am still surprised every day, by little improvements. I can definitely feel myself getting stronger. Feeling a little stir crazy at being housebound, but my mum has said she will take me out for a coffee next week (parking close to the cafe!).
Ellen : I am in Australia, and we are having lovely weather atm (end of summer). So I too am getting a little fresh air and sunshine everyday. You can feel it doing ya good!
angeldawn : It's hard to get your head around no more periods isn't it? What a load off my shoulders it feels.
Take Care everyone :-)
Unread 03-08-2007, 06:46 PM

I made it! I'm home from my stay in the Castle of 4 days!! I'm amazed at the short stays some of your girls had. My surgery was early AM March 5 and I was in until noon March 8. The doc says my entire pelvic floor is in a different place now...lots of "fixing" went on while in surgery for over 2 hours. The anixiety BEFORE surgery was definately the worse thing so far. Everything else has been pretty good. And girls....you were NOT kidding about that gas thing, were you? It didn't take long for things to start "waking up" so I had some pretty tough gas pain the first few days. I had a morphine IV which did wonders for ALL of the pain and switched to perchocet orally. What's so strange is, even as much pain as I'm in now, it's nothing compared to what I've gone through with the ovarian cysts. I can tell already that this was a good decision for me. The bad news...and I'm scared out of mind about this now...I had to come home with a catheter!! I tried three times with no success to go on my own so the doc says we'll give everything plenty of time to heal and the swelling to go down. He did a TVT-O for my stress incontinence plus the A&P repair so he says it's not unusual...that the surgery was huge. He's not worried but it's KILLING ME! Did any of you go through this?
Thanks so much for the sweet words, thoughts, and prayers. I'm 5 hours home from the Castle and being pampered like a Princess!!
Unread 03-09-2007, 11:07 AM

Hi Everyone,

I had a TAH-SAO on February 28. Although I know it was the right choice I still feel, physically and emotionally, like I've been put through a meat grinder. I'm still in a lot of pain because my incision got infected. I live alone so I HAVE to do most of the stuff the doctor tells me not to (Who's going to vacuum and clean the cat's litter box if I don't? I can't affor to hire help...). I end up exhausted and crying every night, and then it hurts too much sleep except for a couple of hours here and there.

Sorry this is so negative. I'm really just exhausted and frustrated that I still feel this bad.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register