Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 - Page 33 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Unread 04-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Thanks Bellatim,

Actually, sorry I didn't make it clear...I won't be driving and there is no way I could drive yet for at least another month. I will be the passenger in the car. I cannot turn to look over my shoulders yet....therefore I am not ready yet. Thanks for your loving concern and that meant a lot to me.

Take care of yourself.

Angelika
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2007, 07:02 PM
memory problems?

Is anyone having memory problems?? I was talking with two teachers that I have worked with all year, and for the life of me couldn't remember the name of one. She had to remind me of her name. I was soooo embarassed. I feel like my head just can't catch up to everything. I know there were lots of post about the "mental" fog, but I thought that it would have gotten better by now. I'm wondering if it is hormonal? simple fatigue?
Unread 04-04-2007, 07:31 PM

Teacher30 I give you a lot of credit for returning to work already. It's probably a combination of your harmones plus the fatigue. Remember to take it easy, especially after putting a full-day at work. Your body is still healing -- it takes a full year.

Amytune,thank you for the advise and for the confirmation. What you said about the endo. is exactly what my dr. said. He doesn't want the endo. to feed on the estrogen that's why he is keeping me off for six months. However, he did say that he will begin est. with prog. once I start my harmone theraphy is six months. In the meantime, I guess that I have to deal with the loss of my harmones and side effects of the surgically induced men. Are you taking prog. with prog.? Also, you said to ask my dr. about est., but he said to wait? I'm a little confused? Could you please clarify?

Is any one else at there not taking any harmones for about 6 months like me for the endo. to die off? Please advise. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bless all of you. Much love and hugs!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2007, 08:42 PM

March17 -In regards to menopause symptoms, I am using soy supplements which helps with the hot flashes. I am older(54) and was already in menopause and doing ok(-my worse times were in the perimenopause years(10) prior to menopause..)before my hyst so there was no plan to start hormones in my case unless my symptoms get worse,then my MD and I will relook at the decision. I'm sure you will hear feedback from others that were dealing with endo.

Nomorewaiting-We are at the beach now. Our drive was about 4 hrs and I did ok. (only drove about 30 min of it) Take a pillow/comfort items. It is very soothing to be at the ocean. I am doing well this week with my energy. I just sometimes send my family off on an activity rather than joining them when I feel it would be pushing it. I have had to remind them a couple times of why I decide to just "hang out and relax in the room or in my beach chair"-then they say "oh yeah, we forgot" I guess that must mean I look back to normal which is good. Just keep in tune with your body and do what feels right for you. I find my enthusiasm is not as peppy as it usually would be on a vacation but I am not getting bummed out about it as I realize that I am doing so much better than a few weeks ago. Hope you have a relaxing, renewing time away on your trip.

Bellatim-it's so interesting how medical viewpoints vary country to country. I'm so glad you got the soothing baths!! I have my eucalyptus bath salts all ready to go next week! I'm actually looking more forward to that than the first time with sex(a bit apprehensive whether there will be discomfort)

Teacher30-When the memory fuzz hits, just take a deep breath and know it will get better and we're all thinging of you and sending you hugs. I thought today"oh my gosh, will I remember all my software systems at work?" I have to start orienting 2 new staff on my second day back - I met them when they interviewed but now they will meet me with my fuzzy brain-Our dept is new to them so maybe they won't notice any of my confusing explainations! I'm sure the fuzzy brain is related to our bodies still using alot of energy to internally heal . We are going to be using so much energy to get up, get ready to get to work, drive to work, etc... Our bodies are not used to all of that yet. It will probably take us a good month or so to really get back in the swing. Just make sure you are getting really good nutrition, maybe take multivitamins etc.
I am finding that I am starting to get back to some of my less than good food choices( not enough water, veggies, etc) I was really good those first few weeks..(oh on second thought, I guess it was because friends and neighbors were dropping off all that nutritious food!)

Take care sisters!
Unread 04-04-2007, 09:03 PM

Ask your doctor for non-hormonal alternatives (natural ) to help with the side effects. I am concerned about you going for 6 months without anything.....is your doctor an endocrinologist as well? Mine is and he just LOVES the complexity of hormones. You might want to consider seeking out an endocrinologist, as well.
I am only taking Estradiol in the tablet form at the moment. (2 mgx 2)
I guess I feel "okay" for being in week 5 of recovery, but I hae already noticed a change in my skin. (Very dry skin on my legs and the texture of my facial skin is changing.)
Unread 04-04-2007, 09:05 PM

teacher 30-
So, are you managing teaching okay? I have been thinking about you all week, especially since you are back so soon. I havent experienced the mental fog yet, but that would freak me out! (especially being a teacher.)
Unread 04-04-2007, 09:23 PM

This recovery thing is funny. Yesterday I left work early and was TOTALLY exhausted. I was also in quite a bit of pain. I went home right after lunch and did not move for the rest of the night. Today I had a project due at work and had to stay from 8-5. Even though i worked twice as long, I feel less tired than yesterday! I still feel a bit tired, but not nearly as bad.

About menopause--I am 50 and was not in full menopause when I had my TAH/BSO. I had bad endo and my doc wants to see how I do with no HRT. So far, no real symptoms. Some light hot flashes is all. My main symptom is a really GOOD one-- used to get a lot of migraines, especially around my period, and haven't had one since my surgery! Well, I had one, but it was right afterwards. The past month has been migraine-free!
Unread 04-05-2007, 01:25 AM
5 wks today since surgery - feeling good !

Hi girls,

I haven't been here for a week or so, so I have a lot of catching up to do.
My strange groin/ligament pain is gone . It's funny I was walking with my mum at the shopping centre today, and it just occured to me out of the blue - hey I am doing really well!!!

I hope the rest of you are getting there too.
I am back to work in one more week - looking forward to it, the proper pay and the laughs. I work with a great bunch, who make work fun (lucky me I know).

I still have swelly belly by night-time, but I managed to wear some stretchy jeans today. I felt rather fashionable LOL. I have actually gained a little weight too - but am giving myself a few more weeks before I go back to weight watchers - at least here in Australia I have many months before summer to get in shape. *sigh* I am soooo looking forward to a trim, fit, and pad free summer later in the year .

Take Care everyone - I will go back now and see what you have all been up to. *hugs*
Unread 04-05-2007, 02:33 AM

Teacher30...don't worry I am having lots of memory problems at the moment and sometimes I feel as if I am not always with things. Still get tired and fuzzy at times. It looks as if our other sisters are having the same experience...at least we are not the only ones feeling like this. To be honest my memory is not that brilliant at the best of times anyway! Smile. I am sure it will get better with time and rest.

Olivegrove, that must have beeen a wonderful feeling being able to wear your jeans again...I still get the swollen tummy but that is to best expected. I know what you mean when you said you managed to go with your mum to the shopping centre and that made you feel really good. I went to Specsavers and booked an appointment for myself yesterday. It was a 45 min walk and yes that felt good too.

I had a real go at my partner yesterday for no reason at all...I have not been like this for years....I was shocked at myself and all I could do was say 'sorry' over and over again...could not stop crying either. He is so understanding it fills me with shame at my behaviour. I still have my ovaries...so why should I be like this? I am not having the menopause either. Yet I know part of the reasons is the fact that I have such itchy feet to get back to work again and yet I know I am not fit enough to do everything yet.
Unread 04-05-2007, 02:34 AM

Sorry I forgot to say take care my sisters...you are doing fantastically well.

Angelika...follow on from message above.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register