Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 - Page 47 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Unread 04-15-2007, 05:30 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Hi girls,

I had a good day yesterday...I was able to go on a food shopping trip with my partner and put all the food away once we got home. What a great feeling that was.

I feel I am ready to start driving (6th week now) around the block and venture out slowly on to the main roads in the next few days.

I am also starting to hold my tummy in while walking upright on my walks and that was something I always did on my jogs. I am pleased my stomach muscles are working.

The downside, I am getting a lot of thick creamy, yellowy, browny discharge and it is affecting my no. 2 hole as well. Is it another infection? I hope not...I have had 4 weeks of it at the start of my recovery!

I am taking my partner out for dinner tonight at our Indian restaurant for our 1st anniversary of the day we moved in together. Also, it is my way of thanking him for all his patience and hard work too. He is looking forward to it. Bless him.

Shortyw...I am so happy for you...you are now free to do anything. That must be a lovely feeling. So pleased the sex department went well too. My thoughts are with you for your breast biopsy. Let us know how you get on.

M1113 So pleased all went well at work and with no pain either. I really understand when you say you get nervous about asking questions with your doctor but it is important you ask him all those questions you would like to ask...you will feel so much better for it and it is part of your recovery progress too.

Ellen54 I am sure your fatigue will get better over the coming weeks...I really don't think it has anything to do with your weight. I am a size 12 and I get very tired myself. Your body has a lot of recovering to do yet. It will get better with time. Just be kind to yourself. I am so pleased your sexual experience with your loved one went well...you made me smile with your comments on his reactions! It is all so encouraging. Onwards and upwards to your recovery cheers!
I think you are very wise...to take it easy at the weekend in preparation for your second week at work. I do feel sometimes that we ladies don't always give ourselves enough quality time to enjoy things ourselves. This op has changed my way of looking at life now. So it has been a blessing.

Teacher30 I feel for you...I can imagine how worried you are...please let us know how you get on at your next appointment. We are all thinking of you. It seems you have had a good experience with your shopping trip too. It is a lovely feeling isn't it?

Zucru4 I hope you will have a lovely time at the wedding...try not to worry too much about your outfit..just be kind to yourself and recognise that it is still early days. It will get better.

Adleger I had the LAVH and yes, I do suffer with the swelly tummy too. It is as if all the tummy muscles have stopped working but it will get better because yesterday I was able to hold my tummy musches in while I went out for a long walk. With time our tummies will get stronger and less swelly.

Olivegrove I know what you mean...we are under a lot of pressure financially with the two houses, one of which was Kev's mum who died at Christmas last year. I have to get on with the DIY work so we can sell the house. There is so much work to do and all the time we are having to pay the extra mortgage for the second house. I really do understand what you are talking about. I am hoping to make a small start on the light work in the house this coming week.

Hoping you are all having a lovely weekend ...it is beautiful weather here...no rain! Very unusual as it normally rains this time of year! At least it is cheerful weather.

Take care my girls.

Angelika
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2007, 05:45 AM

nomorewaiting-
thanks-at least I know that I am not alone. Are you trying any exercises yet to see if the tummy will tone up? I think I need one of those exercise balls because my lower back hurts when I lie flat ever since I had my kids. I think you can do crunches on those.
Unread 04-15-2007, 07:09 AM

Hello My Sisters!!!
What a weekend it has been! Crashed and burned on Thursday after my Post Op Appt. Dr. was an hour late - DH was alittle anoyed at that, but Dr. is worth the wait - we have to remember in the past, we were probably one of the "emergency" appt. that made him late, so patience I do have with my Dr.

Anyway - the exam was not nice - he pushed on my belly, like I was pregnant? And it hurt. Then he did an internal, and oh - that was not nice. Dr. actually told me he could see stiches in there? I did not ask about that one, I don't think I wanted to know.

Came home and went to bed. So tired and sore. Got up on Friday determined to go out and I did - got the hair colored, went grocery shopping, stopped at a uniform store and actually picked up some real pretty scrubs to wear for work. Very comfy pants - elastic in the back, draw string in the front, not expensive at all, and works really well with swelly belly - and no one will no they are scrubs cause they don't look like scrubs! - Came home rested a while and then DH and I went to a club metting and dinner! Great day.

Yesterday putzed @ the house, ironed, had a dinner dance thing out last night, got to get dressed up - knew about this prior to surgery so I purchased a fancy tunic top and elastic waist dress pants and flats - all set. We were home early @9:00/pm - too tired to party.

And here we are to today! I go back in the office full time tomorrow, so we shall see how exhasuted I am. I am figuring from all your posts, I will be in bed by 7/pm.

Glad to read you are all coping with our recivery aches and pains and exhaustion. Hot flashes still stink! Still alot of pulling and tugging feeling in there.

Oh - tried an over the counter sleep aid - nadda! So it is either get use to no sleep at night or go back to the ambien.

Fill me in on your weekend activities and let me know how you all did this weekend. Love reading your progress.
Love Yas - Zella
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2007, 07:33 AM

Hi Adleger,

I have started doing ab exercises. I was released for that at 4 weeks but didn't start until after 6th week. Being an avid pilates person, I began doing some of the pilates ab building exercises. I have done absolutely fine with my exercise in that respect. Still find that building my stamina is a work in progress. That part of the recovery surprised me. I know that many of our sisters say that can be weeks/months after the initial 6 week release. I walk each day a few times a day to keep that going. Haven't been able to walk my regular 3 miles in 45 minutes on the treadmill since being released for exercise. Bummer. Therefore, I take 'mini-walks'. That helps with my belly as well.

Good luck in the recovery!

lavh 2/27/07 kept both ovaries
Unread 04-15-2007, 07:43 AM

Good Morning Everyone:

I am still waiting on the results of my blood work to tell if I need estrogen. Other than that things seem to be going well. I have this occasional pulling sensation in my vagina. I suspect it is ligaments, cuff SOMETHING The discharge is miniscule. I seem to be...how do I say this....tighter in my netherregions. Has anyone else noticed this? hmmmmm.

The fatigue is not as intense. I can go through a whole day without it overpowering me. However, most nights when I sit down at the end of the day, I fall asleep. FAST

Hope everyone is doing well! Can't believe it is almost 7 weeks that I had the surgery. Time flies when you are recovering!
Unread 04-15-2007, 07:50 AM

Nomorewaiting:

I was a big exerciser before the hysterectomy. Cardio every day. Same pace as you....45 minutes on the treadmill. I have not gotten back on to exercising yet. What was your pace to start? I have felt almost like I need to conserve my energy during the day instead of exercising, does that make sense. Although, i think I have to build stamina. Where to start?
Unread 04-15-2007, 09:21 AM

I'm with you Ibeshoppin'!! Time flies when you're recovering. Just think....on Tuesday we will be going into 8 weeks! Whew! What a ride?...the fatigue is better. I can make it through the day well. Around 7 or so, I notice that it is time to chill for the evening.

I too have noticed (as well as dh) that things seem to be tighter in that area. Not in a bad way though.

As far as exercise, I am in the same boat with you. I wanted to conserve my energy during the day instead of exercise too. Getting back to it though will make our stamina build back up. My dh has been preaching to me about that one. I am going back to schedule at the gym tomorrow for the treadmill. I tried at week 5 and couldn't do it so decided to wait. Basically, I walk around our neighborhood and do pilates at the house. For the treadmill routine, my doc told me to do 10 minutes at about a 2 for pace with no incline and do 3 or 5 lb. hand weights to start for my upper body. Then, I can increase as I feel the stamina coming back. The stamina has been the hardest part to get back! Amazing how physically fit we can be before surgery. Then, 6/7 weeks later be completely wiped out of our stamina that we worked so hard to build. Prayerfully, it will come back quick for us.

Happy Recovering!!

lavh 2/27/07 kept both ovaries
Unread 04-15-2007, 01:50 PM

nomorewaiting
Can you reccommend a beginner pilates cd for me. I know nothing about pilates. Need to mainly work on lower body but won't hurt the arm area to work on those also.
Unread 04-15-2007, 02:36 PM

Hi March17 and everyone,
Sorry, haven't been on the computer much at home...just at work. Glad to hear you are staying positive through this process. I did get my results back and I do not have a hernia...Good news but have a Hematoma...bad News. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done for this.It is like a bruise that forms inside and becomes solid. The doctor says it will dissolve it self. The problem is it could take months but if it contines to be a problem in the next few weeks, I will see if there is another option. It is quite frustrating because the lower belly pain has become much better this week. Still have swelling and some shooting pains but seems more bearable. So now just dealing with this "bruise" below my belly button area. I am thinking about trying light excercise maybe towards the end of week. Right now, still exhausted.
Unread 04-15-2007, 03:10 PM

Hi all... the exercising issue I am very interested in. The Dr. said I could start back at it, but to let my body be the judge. I am a little apprehensive to do any thing ab - since I had a TAH/BSO. Anyone else out there who had a TAH who started back working on the abs at 6 1/2 weeks?
Been walking outside when weather permits and trying out the tread mill. Mornings seem real good for me so that is when I try and push just a little - please let me know what others are attempting exercise wise. Thanks.
Zella

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register